A non-stick Tawa or non-stick Pan is a common kitchen gadget. Is made out of a non-stick surface. This surface was designed to avoid any other element to adhere to it. It is designed to heat up and brown food without adding any additional oil. Nonsticky pans are coated with a material called polytetrafluoroethylene, commonly known as Teflon. However, this is not the only material that started surfacing. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Iron Tawas & Cookware sets in India.
The twenty-first century brings along new materials such as ceramics, seasoned cookware, silicone, etc. Having a nonsticky Tawa is a great method to improve your health. As you will eliminate any greasy anti-adherent or any type of oils. And you have a lot of options to choose from.
Top 10 Best Non-stick Tawas in India
Features of Non-stick Tawa
- A common non-sticky Tawa is made out of aluminum, which is a round surface with a handle or tow to easily use it.
- The most common non-sticky pans you are going to find are made out of Teflon.
- But there are a lot more materials.
- Ceramic, is another great feature for a non-sticky surface.
- Besides materials, size also fluctuates depending on the brand or the purpose of the same.
- You can find convenient sizes to carry around, or bigger ones to use it for an industrial purpose, or even a restaurant.
- As an additional gadget, some non-stick pans came with a top.
- It will allow you to cover up tricky foods and not make a mess around your kitchen.
Types of Non-stick Tawas
- You will be able to find a lot of different types of non-stick pans.
- If you want to know some history the first ones to incorporate this gadget were the Mycenaen Greeks.
- It was elaborated and used to make bread, that over 3000 years ago.
- They were made out of ceramic griddles.
- Ceramic griddles have one smooth side; the other side has tiny holes.
- As the bread dough tends to stick over the smoother side, the side that was used was the one with the holes.
- It is the first non-sticky mechanism that is registered.
- After that, seasoning pans were the thing, they are made of aluminum and stainless steel.
- For these pans, you will need to use some type of oil or fat product to the surface.
- That will create a non-sticking coat that will help to avoid the food sticking.
- And finally, we have the Teflon.
- Which are the pans that we will find in any store nowadays.
Buyers Guide – Non-stick Pan
- If you find it helpful, follow certain guidelines to choose the best non-sticky Tawa.
- You have several good options for you.
- The first one and the most common one is a Teflon pan.
- Easy to find in any store. Any colour you want to match your kitchen and any size to fulfil your needs.
- On to the handles, there are two types, you have one handle type, and the one that functions with two handles.
- Both of them are easy to use, with almost any oils or nothing at all.
- If you feel the need you can make a purchase of a top for it as well.
- Another type you can find is ceramic ones.
- It heats faster than Teflon and is less sticky than it. However, it requires a lot more care in terms of care.
- And it can be more difficult to find in a regular mall.
- Most of the time you will find yourself searching for a ceramic non-stick pan.
- Take a look over what you need to add to your kitchen before acquiring one.
How To Use Non-stick Pan or Tawa?
- Is easy to use a non-stick pan.
- To properly use it make sure you have plastic or non-abrasive utensils.
- Such as spatulas or spoons.
- Wooden gadgets will do the trick as well.
- First, place the pan onto the stove at a regulated temperature.
- One of the biggest concerns about non-stick pans made out of Teflon is that when overheat, the coat starts peeling off.
- To avoid that make sure the pan does not heat more than 350° C or 660° F.
- To add a little flavour, you can use olive oil or any fat.
- That also prevents unnecessary harsh movements at the moment of moving or turning the food.
- If you have a too greasy ingredient, like meat, placing a lid on top of the pan is a great move as well.
- To wash it avoid using aluminium or any abrasive sponges, to not damage the surface or the Teflon.
List of Top 10 Best Non-stick Tawa Brands in India
Here we bring a list of top 10 non-sticky Tawas.
1. Hawkins – Q28 Futura Non-stick Dosa Tava
Great pan, simplistic design.
1. Lightweight and easy to use.
2. Minimum usage of any fat or oils.
3. Heats at a great speed.
4. Good distribution of heat.
1. If you are not careful enough it can run out in less than 3 months.
This Prestige non-stick Tawa comes with a nice design, will fit perfectly in any kitchen.
1. Easy to use, great surface.
2. Granite coat to help with hygiene.
3. Easy to clean.
1. The center may rise in some cases if used with the incorrect amount of heat.
Nirlon non stick Tawa Cames in a lot of different colors, it is very useful.
1. Promotes healthy cooking to all their costumers.
2. Size is comfortable and perfect to use every day.
3. Aluminum is added to distribute heat better.
4. Easy to wash.
1. AS it comes with a detachable handle, sometimes it could be missing.
Pigeon Non-Stick Tawa or Pan easy to handle, simple design.
1. Thick and good quality.
2. Easy to handle.
3. Durable product, last more than a year.
1. The coating can be to thin in some areas.
Amazon Brand Non-Stick Pan Cute and simplistic design.
1. Really good quality materials.
2. Design in the pan itself gives it an additional non-sticky gadget.
3. Handle is comfortable.
1. The pan can curvate with use.
This Cello non-stick Pan comes with a great design, sturdy and innovative.
1. Good quality product.
2. You can use it with the trickiest food and still not get stuck.
3. Detachable handle.
1. The handle can easily break if you are not careful.
The Butterfly non-stick Tawa as an Interesting design, multipurpose.
1. Works great with inductions cooktops.
2. Easy to clean.
1. It can come with indentations in some products.
8. iBELL RT32 Non-Stick Dosa Roti Chapati Pathiri Tawa 4mm Large Round Aluminium Body
iBell Non-Stick Tawa is a well-known brand, with 2 handles for easy usage.
1. Uniform distribution of heat.
2. Comfortable and easy to use.
1. Customer service is not great when it comes to having an issue with the product.
A small pan, convenient perfect for making Dosa.
1. Great product, easy to use.
2. Made of high-quality materials.
3. Easy to keep it clean between uses.
4. Great as a gift.
1. It seems it can come with a few body details sometimes.
10. Meyer Non-stick Aluminium Tawa
This is a decent blade to have around.
1. Nice quality.
2. Durable and thick product.
According to reviews, there is nothing wrong with this non-stick pan.
Consider changing your old pans for this innovative product. A non-sticky Tawa will allow you to expand your cooking skills. In an easy manner and without so much trouble. You will be improving your health as well, as you will reduce the use of fat. So is a great gadget to add to your kitchen. Do not hesitate and purchase one.
Is non-stick Tawa safe?
Indeed it is, a non-stick Tawa that will prevent you from using a lot of oils. The only recommendation we can give you is to avoid using it at extremely high temperatures. You will prevent damaging the Teflon and realizing toxic substances.
Which material is best for Tawa?
Accordingly, to all the types of Tawas we just reviewed, it seems Teflon is the winner. Is an easy to care material, that doesn’t require fat or any oil to cook a good meal. And you will find it almost anywhere.
When should you throw away nonstick pans?
With good care, using the right gadgets, and making sure you clean it before using it, a non-stick pan can be used several years. Be careful if you see the Teflon starts running out. Or if you see any black residue in your food. At that point, it would be better to purchase a new pan.