A needle valve is an instrument that regulates the flow of water or gas, through a system. Needle valves are often made from stainless steel, brass, or hard plastic. They have a small threaded port that can be opened or closed. The needle valve can be set as fully open or fully closed or partially open or partially closed. Some needle valves are fitted with regulators which allow the user to specify the amount of water or gas they wish to release.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Needle Holders, Crochet Needles, Punch needles, lancet needles, Morris Retractors, Tissue forceps, Surgical Cotton, Absorbent Cotton, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Baby diapers, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, infrared thermometer, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Disinfectant sprays, Baby wipes, Sweat pads in India.
Top 10 Best Needle Valves in India
Features of Needle Valve
- Features of needle valves include, but are not limited to:
- Material: Brass, stainless steel, copper, and plastic, among others
- Application: Industrial – large-scale water plants, sewage systems, factories; Home – plumbing, gas, heating; Indoor; Outdoor; Engines – cars, industrial motors in factories, etc.
- Manual or Automated: Manual needle valves have a handle that the operator turns to open and close the plunger. Automated needle valves have an electronic timer or an electronic pressure gauge. The operator sets the timer or gauges to the desired figure and that controls the flow.
Types of Needle Valves
- Types of needle valves vary depending on their characteristics. The following are examples of types of needle valves:
- A manually operated needle valve is one which has a handle. The user turns the handle to open or close the valve. The opening and closing of the valve start and stop the release of water or gas.
- An automated needle valve is one which is connected to a motor. The motor adjusts the opening and closing of the valve by using a timer or monitor.
- An angle needle valve is one which can be either manual or automatic. The reason it is called an angled needle is that the output of water or gas is at 90°. The majority of needle valves release the water or gas in line.
Buyers Guide for Needle Valve
- Things to consider when purchasing a needle valve:
- Temperature – the valve will be operating at what temperature? This will dictate whether one purchases a stainless-steel valve or a hard plastic valve. The purchaser will also have to ensure that the seal in the valve is able to withstand the temperature.
- Material – the valve is made of what material? Different materials can withstand different temperatures and pressures.
- Pressure – how much pressure can the needle valve endure? This is something one must ask themselves prior to purchase. A standard needle valve can endure 4000 – 10000psi or 275 – 689 bar at a temperature of 100°F or 37.78°C.
- Size – the size of the valve one requires will be determined by the size of the machine or system that it is being used for.
- Connector – when purchasing a needle washer, one must be aware of the connector they will require. The connector attaches the pipes to the valve. Some connectors are screw washers and others are “in press” washers.
How to use Needle Valve?
- The main components of a needle valve are the handle, the plunger, the seat and two pipe connectors (orifices).
- The handle is attached to the plunger and it moves the plunger up and down, opening or closing the flow.
- When the plunger is closed it sits on the seat and this stops the release of gas or water through the orifices.
- If one wants all gas and water to flow through the orifices, one must turn the handle in an anti-clockwise direction. This will move the plunger further away from the seat.
- If one wants to stop the flow through the orifices, turn the handle in a clockwise direction. This will move the plunger until the plunger is resting on the seat.
- Having the plunger close to the seat restricts the flow of gas or water.
- Attach the pipes to the valve using a washer (seal).
List of Top 10 Best Needle Valves in India Buyers Guide
1. Rhinox Stainless Steel Needle Valves
This product is very practical and has “press inlet connectors”. This means that you push the pipe in, to connect it. It is made from stainless steel which means it is durable and it has an easy-read on/off knob.
- Excellent Quality
- Value for money
- The pipes that connect to it must have press connectors; these limits use
- For DIY CO2 systems only
2. Lasco Brass Needle Valves
This brass needle valve is 0.95 inches (2.4cm). It is a straight valve that can be used with plastic and copper piping.
- Value for money
- Easy to install
- Plastic washers (seals) are required if one is using plastic piping
- The handle may not be suitable for everyone
3. Skilt Needle Valves
Basic stainless steel needle valve that can withstand 3000psi. It is most suitable for water flow.
- Simple design
- Inexpensive (440.00 Indian Rupees)
- Suitable for water flow
- The handle is short and awkward to turn
- Smaller than average
4. Virgin Engineers Needle Valves
This is a stainless steal needle valve that is 0.5 inches (1.27cm). Pipes connect to the needle valve through flange connectors.
- Ideal for home DIY
- Can withstand 6000psi
- Expensive for its size, 1107.00 Indian Rupees
- It has a short handle
5. Universal Needle Valves
The Universal Needle Valve is nifty and versatile across a range of DIY projects. It is durable and can withstand up to 10000 psi, which is spectacular for a needle valve of this size.
- Can withstand 6000 – 10000 psi.
- Excellent quality steel
- Perfect for small spaces
- 00 Indian Rupees
- Requires pressure washers
6. Electroprime Needle Valves
The handle of this needle valve has a plastic knob for extra grip. The rest of the valve is steel and it cost 1790.00 Indian Rupees.
- Suitable for tight spaces
- Durable threads
- Extra grip handle
- Not valve for money
- Only one color is available
7. Shanrya Stainless Steel Needle Valves
This is a neat size needle valve that is suitable to control the flow of any liquid or gas. It is stainless steel but has a plastic handle for extra grip.
- Extra grip handle
- Withstands pressure of up to 930psi
- Small connectors
- Withstands temperature of 70°C (158°F)
8. IndyDukaan Needle Valves
This is no ordinary needle valve. This needle valve has no handle. One must connect a pipe or tube in order to compress the needle.
- Reasonable price of 992.00 Indian Rupees
- Compression inserts only
- Only suitable for plant tanks
9. Tand Needle Valves
This valve is a male thread and has a plastic handle. It is most suitable for sealing pipeline systems.
- Can resist high temperatures
- Value for money: each pack contains five need valves and costs 937.00 Indian Rupees
- No warranty
- Narrow handle
10. Badri Enterprises Needle Valves
The pressure that this needle valve can resist is 5000 psi. It is a female thread valve and does not have a compression connector. It has a round metal handle. The handle has a rubber coating.
- Durable handle
- Lightweight: 259grams
- Excellent value for money: 525.00 Indian Rupees
- Low resistance to pressure when one compares it to other needle valves
- Can only connect to a male thread pipe on each side
Needle valves are extremely useful tools. They have many applications and are useful to DIY enthusiasts. There are also larger needle valves which have their uses in industry. The larger needle valves are of interest to Engineers involved in public water supply, for example.
Frequently asked questions:
Which is the better needle valve?
The correct answer to this question depends on the purpose of the needle valve. The universal needle valve is the most versatile of the list ten.
What is a needle valve used for?
A needle valve controls the flow of a gas or liquid through a system e.g., home plumbing, to control the flow of water to a tank, connect a needle valve and open and close the valve as necessary.
What is the advantage of a needle valve?
The main advantage is that needle valves allow for control of flow. They can seal or shut off the flow.