Mulethi, also known as liquorice, is an age-old spice and herb, commonly used for its culinary and medical purposes. It is a perennial plant that remained with humans for a long period of time. Mulethi also called Yashtimadhu in India
Also, it is found in various parts of Asia and Europe wherein the people have used it for centuries. There are some spices and herbs that come down to us through the wise advice of our grandmothers. Also check the buyers guide for Best black Elaichi, Green cardamom, Best cloves-laungh, Best Dal Chini Brands, Best elaichi powder brands, Best Mulethi Sticks in India.
It is a sweetening agent as it has natural sweetness extract. It also has effective medical uses, as it is packed with the antioxidant and antidiabetic properties.
Top 10 Best Mulethi Brands in India
Buyers Guide – Mulethi Stick
If you have never bought the Mulethi sticks and confused about the best-quality of Mulethi, don’t worry! We have curated a list of the important factors that will help you in finding the best-quality liquorice sticks:
Pure and Fresh
- The Mulethi sticks have the aroma, flavor, and taste that enrich the overall flavor of the cooked dish.
- So, you should buy pure and fresh Yashtimadhu sticks.
- Otherwise, the taste of the cooked dish would get spoiled.
Should Not Be Hard
- Mulethi sticks are difficult to chew if they are hard.
- So, you must ensure the softness of the Yashtimadhu sticks.
- Otherwise, they would be a waste product, lying on shelves until they rot.
Choosing the Best-Quality Brand
- There are various brands, offering top-quality Mulethi sticks at your doorstep.
- However, some brands would low or good quality pieces of sticks.
- So, you should research different products.
- liquorice sticks are also available for different purposes.
- You may choose the brand that offers the Yashtimadhu sticks for the purpose of your choice.
Read the Reviews
- You must read the reviews of the users before finalizing the choice.
- The reviews present the facts regarding the performance and utility of the product.
- So, go through the product’s reviews in detail and then decide for yourself.
- There are some good-quality brands offering the Mulethi sticks at a higher price.
- You should not pay a brand highly when another brand offers the same thing at an affordable price.
Features of Mulethi
Mulethi products have a good many features for cooking as well as other purposes. The aroma, flavor, and taste of the liquorice sticks are strong. The flavor of the sticks is sweeter than sugars.
- Yashtimadhu sticks are not only the main ingredients of the sweet dishes but also face masks, teas, etc.
- Since liquorice is edible, it should be neat, clean, and hygienic.
- Manufactures should pack it sticking to the industry-best practices.
- Liquorice is eaten raw, so it should not be hard.
- Hard Yashtimadhu sticks are difficult to chew.
- Sticks are processed in a manner that packs the beneficial nutrients into the sticks.
- Sticks are sourced from the region of India that retains the authentic and pure Indian taste into the spice.
Types of Mulethi Brands
Based on its forms, there are mainly two types of liquorice.
The details are below:
Khadhi Mulethi Sticks (Whole)
- The Khadhi Yashtimadhu sticks are the long sticks.
- And the whole form of liquorice sticks is used worldwide.
- Though it is cut into pieces, consumers eat the whole sticks.
- The Khadhi muelthi sticks extracts are the main ingredients of the cosmetic products due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
Powdered Mulethi Sticks
- The Mulethi sticks powder is also widely used in various fields, from the culinary, medical to the cosmetic.
- Face masks, herbs, medicine, sweet dishes, etc. are prepared by adding the stipulated amount of powdered Yashtimadhu sticks.
Uses of Mulethi Sticks?
There are many uses of Mulethi sticks. They are written below:
To get relief from respiratory problems, you can prepare a Mulethi kadha by preparing the kadha (hot drink). You simply add the sticks to water give it a few boils and sieve it. Kadha is ready.
- If you have a sore throat, chewing the licorice sticks gives instant relief.
- The juice of the root reaches the throat, healing the throat and hoarse voice.
- If your kids are down with the cold and cough, make them lukewarm honey water that has honey.
- It can be taken twice a day to provide kids with immediate relief.
- To cure the chest and nasal congestion, you can mix the Ayurvedic decoction.
- Its ingredients include the Yashtimadhu root, tulsi leaves, and pudina leaves in the water.
- Simply, strain the mixture and drink the decoction after adding a spoon of honey.
- It effectively opens the blocked nose as well as reduces chest congestion.
Top 10 List of Mulethi Stick Brands in India
Mulethi is the most useful spice that is a home remedy even today. liquorice offers exceptional health benefits as it contains health-promoting properties.
1. YUVIKA Glycyrrhiza Glabra Yashtimadhu – Jeshthamadha – Licorice Root:
This brand offers the top-quality 100-gram Mulethi to its consumer at competitive prices. It is an Indian origin Yashtimadhu herb and spice.
- Yuvika Mulethi is 100% fresh and pure.
- It is rich in antioxidants and anti-diabetic properties.
- The package has no artificial color, additives, or flavor.
- Users have complained that the package contains Mulethi that is hard and dry.
2. Natural Health and Herbal Products Licorice Roots Glycyrrhiza Glabra:
This is a cosmetic product offered by the Natural Health and Herbal Product. Also, this is antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-carcinogenic. So, it effectively treats the face and skin.
- This Mulethi also helps in getting of the pigmentation and tanning.
- It effectively cleanses the dirt and impurities from the skin.
- The Yashtimadhu brings out the radiant and flawless look on the face.
- Users have complained that the size of the roots is cut and then used.
- So, it is a lot of inconveniences.
3. Crafraft Licorice Roots Glycyrrhiza Glabra Yashtimadhu 100 g:
This has offered the best-quality sticks, which come packed in a tight and decent packaging.
- Crafraft Muelthi sticks are neat and clean.
- The roots are rich in the sweet flavor.
- Also, this offers the freshest liquorice sticks.
- Users have disliked the large pieces of the liquorice sticks.
4. Birju Mahavir 200 GR Yastimadhu Licorica Sticks – Best-Quality:
This is offered by the Birju Mahavir brand. And it is available in different sizes. These are top-quality, fresh, and pure sticks.
- Birju Mahavir Mulethi sticks are the pure, natural, and organically grown Ayurvedic herb.
- The manufacturer packages the sticks in the most hygienic environment.
- Also, these sticks are chemical-free.
- Users have complained that they received the old and hard liquorice sticks.
5. BSD Organics Licorice Root for Tea and More – 200 G:
This brand sells the Mulethi sticks that treat your hair, aid in the digestive system. And also, these solve other medical problems.
- BSD organics pack the liquorice sticks that are antimutagenic and antioxidant in nature.
- They are organically grown Yashtimadhu sticks.
- Manufacturers pack the contents in a decent-quality bag.
- Consumers have complained they received Mulethi bags full of bugs and live insects.
6. Weird Licorice Roots Sticks for Face Mask Skin Hair, Soothing Voice and Skin-Care 100g:
If you are struggling to avail the of moisturized and soothing skin and hair, licorice roots are the best solution for you. This brand offers good-quality roots that you must try.
- Weird Licorise Mulethi sticks are the best cure for voice and skin problems.
- It is a pure herbal Indian product.
- No artificial colors included.
- Users have complained that these sticks were thick and dirty.
7. Leeve Dry Fruits Jeshthamadha, Licorice Roots, 400 g:
This brand offers top-quality licorice roots that are rich in quality and high in beneficial properties.
- LeeveMulethi sticks are full of flavor, aroma, and taste.
- They add a unique flavor to your food.
- The product is hygienically packed sticking to the food safety standards.
- Reviewers have asserted that they received infested sticks.
8. IndianJadiBooti Dry Sweet Troot Jeshthamadha Yashtimadhu Licorice Roots Sticks 250g:
This brand offers the original herbs that are offered and processed per the GMP standards. Also, the packaging of the product is excellent in quality.
- IndianJadiBooti Mulethi stick contains no trans-fats, no cooking oils, preservatives, food color, etc.
- Herbs are cleansed and then processed.
- Therefore, the sticks come all clean in packaging.
- Reviewers have complained that they received a small and untidy package of Yashtimadhu sticks.
9. SAARA Organics Licorice Root – 50 G:
This brand offers vegetarian and top-quality Mulethi sticks. And the sticks are most beneficial for all genders.
- Saara Organics Licorice Root Mulethi sticks are processed sticking to the industry-best standards.
- These sticks have an enchanting aroma.
- Also, this has the best-quality fresh and soft sticks.
- This is a non-returnable product.
10. SWASTI Yashtimadhu Licorice Jeshtimadh, 100 g:
This has offered the licorice roots that sufficiently treat the cough as well as other respiratory and digestive problems.
- Swasti Mulethi sticks are organic, retaining original sweet flavor and high aroma.
- This brand offers the Yashtimadhu sticks in the dry form.
- The package of the sticks contains beneficial and healthful content.
- It is more expensive than other products.
Mulethi is one of the best Ayurvedic medicines, which has a century-long rapport for treating sore throat and cough. These have a strong flavor, aroma, and taste. It is sweet in its flavor.
If you are buying it for the first time, go through the abovementioned Mulethi sticks brands and use the guidelines to purchase the top-quality Mulethi sticks.
What are the benefits of Mulethi?
There are many benefits to the liquorice stick.
They are the following:
- It helps in keeping the respiratory tract healthier and happier.
- If consumed daily, it increases immunity.
- The sticks have active compounds glycyrrhizin and carbenoxolone, which give relief from heartburn, acidity, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- The Yashtimadhu is an emollient that effectively cures skin ailments.
- Liquorice roots have anti-inflammatory properties, which help in treating inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
- Sticks have phytoestrogenic compounds, which heals the hormonal imbalance in the body.
Is Mulethi good for cough & skin?
Yes. Mulethi is good for cough and skin.
Can we eat Mulethi?
Yes. Consumers eat as well as chew the raw Mulethi.
Is Mulethi hot or cold?
Mulethi is hot.
How can I use licorice to whiten my skin?
You can simply add the lemon drops, glycerin, and milk to the licorice to make the whitening face mask. Thus, you can use this formula to whiten your skin.