Cleanliness is very important for someone’s health. If we don’t take care of cleanliness, germs grow and cause many diseases. If we talk about the mouth or oral cavity cleanliness, Mouthwash is most important. The Mouth is the dirtiest part of the body and contains many bacteria. These bacteria decompose the outer surface of teeth and reach pulp or vessels and cause many complications. The condition can get worse if we don’t take a step on time. Only cleaning the teeth is not important, but the whole oral cavity must be clean. Also, check the buyers guide for the best toothpaste, Tooth Brushes, Bamboo Tooth Brush, Electric Toothbrush, Tounge Cleaners, & Interdental Brushes in India.
When we talk about mouth cleaning, the first thing that comes to mind is the teeth brush. But brush only cleans the parts where it can reach. It doesn’t clean the areas between teeth, so that can cause a bad odour in the mouth. For complete cleaning of the mouth, mouthwash is necessary. It is a liquid that contains chemicals or herbs that have cleaning and antimicrobial properties to clean teeth. It penetrates deep into the mouth and cleans every portion of the mouth. This article is all about mouthwash so keep reading it.
Top 10 Best Mouth Wash Brands in India
Features of Mouth Wash
- A mouth wash can be organic or chemical made.
- An organic mouthwash contains all the natural herbs that have the properties to kill germs and soothe inflammation of gums.
- These mouthwashes don’t contain any chemical so are useful for health.
- Chemical-based mouthwashes contain chemicals and alcohol is an important ingredient in them.
- A mouthwash contains a base liquid that is a combination of different chemicals.
- It contains alcohol, betamethasone, benzoic acid, benzydamine, cetylpyridinium chloride, and essential oils to give it flavor and smell.
- It may also contain some minerals like fluoride and calcium.
Types of Mouthwashes
Here are several types of mouthwashes that we are going to tell.
- These mouthwashes are general mouthwashes that you can buy from any superstore or shop.
- These are chemical-based and usually have nothing to concern about treating any bad condition of teeth or gums.
- They just clean the mouth and freshen the breath.
- As their name indicates that they are for treatment purposes.
- These contain special ingredients that treat specific conditions of the oral cavity.
- Some are for swollen gums, some for cavities, and some for inflammation in gums, and some for bad breath and other conditions.
- Usually, dentists recommend them but you also can buy one according to your condition.
- It contains some antiseptic as alcohol to kill bacteria.
- Mouthwash is very common and people who have the problem of bad breath use it.
- It also can treat mouth infections by killing germs.
- The problem with it is that it can cause teeth discolouration.
- These are alcohol-free mouthwashes that are organic.
- These contain all the natural ingredients that help improve oral health.
- These mouthwashes contain sodium fluoride and calcium chloride to provide minerals to tooth enamel.
- These are good for teeth but fluoride is not good for overall health so avoid using them too much.
Buyer’s guide-Mouth Wash
Mouthwashes are not very difficult to buy. Here is no hard and fast rule for buying a mouthwash. Just see these things in it.
- As mouthwashes are for different purposes. Some are for infections, some for bad breath, some for inhibiting the production of plaque, and some are for other conditions. For what purpose you are going to buy is important, so first know about it.
- Here are different types of mouthwashes, but according to your need. If you want it generally, go for antiseptic, natural, or cosmetic mouthwash. Otherwise, buy according to your condition.
- Different brands sell mouthwashes at different prices but all have almost the same functions. Buy according to your budget.
- Read the ingredients before buying a mouthwash. All of them must be FDA approved because it is a matter of health.
How to use Mouth Wash?
- As we have told you already that mouthwashes have different ingredients. So, all ingredients do their actions according to their mode of action.
- If we talk about the antiseptic part, it will kill the bacteria from the oral cavity.
- Some mouthwashes are specific for controlling plaque. They maintain the pH in the mouth and inhibit the growth of microbial sheath on teeth.
- Fluoride mouthwashes fill the cavities by providing fluoride to teeth.
- Some mouthwashes stop bad breath and give a fresh and cool feeling.
Top 10 list of Best Mouth wash Brands in India
1. Colgate Plax Antibacterial Mouthwash
So the first product on our top list is Colgate Plax mouthwash. It kills about 99 per cent of bacteria from the mouth so prevents smell and cavity production in teeth. It contains peppermint so gives a cooling and freshening effect. This is an alcohol-free mouthwash that your mouth needs badly. You can use it twice a day after brushing.
- As it is alcohol-free so it doesn’t give a burning feeling to the mouth.
- It cools the breath 10 times more than the normal mouthwash but still suitable for sensitive teeth.
- Some people find it overpriced.
2. Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash
It is a cool mint mouthwash that kills about 99.9 per cent of the mouth’s bacteria. Listerine cool mouthwash helps to fight against many gum problems for only 2 weeks of use. It contains 4 essential oils that clean the mouth and stop plaque production.
- Fresh feeling in mouth lasts for 3 4 hours.
- It deeply cleans the mouth and inner part of the teeth.
- It gives a burning effect to the mouth.
- Not suitable for ceramic braces.
3. Colgate Plax Mouthwash
It is an alcohol-free and amazing product by Colgate. It kills decomposition bacteria to stop cavity formation and bad breath. Your mouth will be odor-free for 24 hours after using it. The mouthwash contains tea extract that gives a fresh and pleasant feeling. It improves oral health and stops tooth decay and gum diseases.
- It is good in taste so children will like using it.
- The taste is mild but the effectiveness is good.
- We didn’t find anything bad about it.
4. Closeup Nature Boost Anti Germ Mouthwash
It is another famous brand of mouthwashes. This is another product by Closeup that has tulsi and cardamom flavour. It claims to kill 100 per cent bacteria from the mouth. It is also alcohol-free and deeply cleanses the teeth, preventing infections.
- It is very mild and gentle on gums.
- It is a herbal product that is free from chemicals.
- The product has a little burning sensation.
5. Scope Mouthwash Original Mint
Scope mouthwash is also a good mouthwash that fights against bad breath. It has a mint flavour and contains ingredients that fight against smell-producing bacteria.
- Its flavour is very good.
- The mouthwash is also very effective and solves the problem of bad breath after a few uses.
- We didn’t find bad things about the product.
6. Listerine Fresh Burst Mouthwash
This is also an amazing mouthwash that contains 4 essential oils that make it one of the best mouthwash. It contains wintergreen, thymol, menthol, and eucalyptol essential oils. Due to its concentration, it penetrates in mouth and cleans the parts where the brush cannot reach. If you have a gum problem then use it, it will give relief in only 2 weeks.
- It is very good and has a good quantity at a very reasonable price.
- It has a good taste and gives freshness to the mouth.
- It has a bad taste and a strong smell.
- It contains alcohol in high quantity.
7. BIOAYURVEDA Anti-Bacterial Germ Defense Mouth Wash
Another amazing mouthwash on our top list is BIOAYUREDA mouthwash. It is an ayurvedic mouthwash that has antimicrobial properties and is chemical-free. This provides 24hours protection against swollen gums, cavities, bad breath, and plaque formation. It contains different herbs containing antimicrobial properties including turmeric, neem, cloves, mint, lemon, tea tree oil, and basil.
- This is 100 per cent organic and balances the pH in the oral cavity.
- It gives a cooling sensation that reduces the pain of gum inflammation.
- It is a strong mouthwash with a bad smell and taste.
8. AMFLOR Oral Rinse Mouthwash
Another mouthwash that we like to introduce is AMFLOR oral rinse mouthwash. It is a fluoride mouthwash that is safe for daily use. Due to fluoride, it remineralizes teeth that helps prevent tooth decay. This mouthwash gives germ protection for a long time and also prevents the production of white lesions in the mouth.
- It is an alcohol-free and chemical-free mouthwash.
- This mouthwash helps in deep cleaning of the oral cavity especially for those who have braces on teeth.
- The quality is not very good.
9. Freshclor Mouthwash
It is efficient that kills about 99 per cent of bacteria in only 30 seconds. This is alcohol-free that is safe to use twice a day. It is complete care of the oral cavity that also gives a fresh feel. It prevents bad breath, teeth staining, and gum diseases.
- It gives relief from pain and inflammation also.
- Its taste is good and mild.
- It feels diluted because of liquid concentration.
10. Himalaya Active Fresh Mouthwash
Himalaya active fresh is an amazing product that is available in every superstore and also in online stores. The bottle contains 215ml that is enough for a month. It is available in mint flavour that gives a fresh and pleasant breath. This helps to prevent bad breath and gives protection against germs for about 12 hours. It also prevents bacterial sheath or plaque production on teeth.
- It refreshes the mouth and gives a cool feeling without drying it up.
- It is also suitable for young kids and they will love its flavour because it is mild.
- The taste and smell don’t last long.
Oral hygiene is very important to be safe from many oral diseases. If your mouth smells bad, it will be an awkward moment for you. If your gums are swollen, it will be painful. In the same way, other oral conditions will also harm you and your personality. Do, to avoid any situation like this, please buy it.
Which is the best mouthwash?
We have compiled a list of top mouthwashes, you can check it. If you haven’t any specific oral condition, we recommend you to use a natural or antiseptic.
Is mouth wash good or bad?
Mouthwashes are good if you choose the right. This is cannot be an alternative to a teeth brush. You have to use it after brushing your teeth, it will kill the remaining bacteria from the mouth.
When should I use mouthwash?
You can use this twice a day after brushing your teeth.