Music, The Sound of that is the reason you’re here. There are so many different types of music available, each one having very unique and amusing sounds. A popularly known musical/wind instrument is called Mouth Organ or Harmonica/ French Harp. The Harmonica is one of the easiest instruments to play for a variety of musical styles.
The Mouth Organ is also one of the most affordable and budget instruments that you could buy. At the end of this Article, you can be assured that you will be able to comprehend which Mouth Organ is best suited for you. The features, types, and most importantly the pros and cons of the best instruments in the market right now are explained below.
Top 10 Best Mouth Organ Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Mouth Organ
- The advantages of Mouth Organs are plenty. By playing this instrument daily, there is a lot of health benefits.
- This Instrument is known to increase one’s lung capacity, helps in weight loss, and solve sinusitis problems.
- And last but not least it helps in stress reduction and enhancing one’s memory.
- It also in a way treats lung disorders like COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Asthma, and Bronchitis.
- You can see for yourself, it has a wide range of health benefits to the human body.
- It is an exercise for both the mind and the body.
- The ease of use is something that you will love at the end of the day.
Types of Mouth Organs
- There are literary so many different types of Mouth Organs to buy in India.
- It involves choosing between different brands, names, and models.
- So we have made it easier by pinning it down and giving you the best options to choose from.
- Primarily the widely used Harmonicas are Diatonic, Chromatic, and the Asian tremolo.
- The sound of each Harmonica differs from one others.
- The diatonic contains the notes of a specific scale and is used in rock, blues, country, and pop music.
- The chromatic can play all the notes and are mainly used in Jazz and classical music.
- The most popular out of them is the diatonic Harmonica.
Buyers Guide for Mouth Organ
- You need to be aware of which type of music you are willing to play once you get your hands on the mouth organs.
- Depending on that, you can choose between the Diatonic and Chromatic Harmonica.
- Do you want to play blues, rock, country, or pop? Then your obvious choice would be Diatonic. Or do you like to play more jazz and classical music? Well, then you need to go for Chromatic Harmonica.
- If you’re unclear about which one to get, then first try listening to different music on YouTube and decide which one matches your taste.
- For Beginners, it is good to go with the Diatonic as it is a little easier to play at first and also provides a wide range of music styles than the Chromatic.
- The Chromatic Harmonica is also an expensive one. So if you are clear with your interest and budget, then you can decide on one from the models listed below.
How to use Mouth Organ?
- The Diatonic Harmonica is easier to play because it is set up in one keynote only.
- So basically, there are no wrong notes you could do.
- You can play chords by just opening and blowing through the Harmonica.
- And by drawing, you get multiple tones.
- The Single notes are achieved by tongue blocking or pucker method.
- Harmonica uses this technique called bending which is used to fill in the notes that are absent in key.
- So using the bending technique you can do other notes.
- There is a concept called overblowing, and if you combine both bending and overblowing you will be able to fill in all the notes that are possible in Chromatic Harmonica.
- This is a specialty that the Diatonic Harmonica gives its user. The bends go up in pitch and overblow goes down in the pitch.
List of Top 10 Best Mouth Organs in India-Buyers Guide
1. ARCTIC AR-HA10 Key C 10 Hole Diatonic Blues Mouth Organ Harmonica for Professional Player, Silver
ARCTIC Mouth organ is a Diatonic Harmonica from Artic that has 10 holes with a silvery overall finish.
- Value for the buck.
- Good built and elegant look.
- Decent sound.
- Beginner’s use only.
- 10 holes, so only limited tones.
2. East top Mouth Organ C Key 10 Holes 20 Tones Diatonic Harmonica Mouth Organ with Blue Cover, T003
The east top harmonica is a Diatonic mouth organ that is suitable for most people. It could be from Beginner to Professionals.
- It has a rich sound and quite responsive.
- Solid build quality.
- The Packaging seems good.
- Only 10 holes so it could limit the number of tones you play.
- The component is steel so could get rusty if not maintained.
3. Tower Mouth Organ Harmonica 24 Holes Key-C With Scale Change Option, Silver
Tower Harmonica has impressive 24 holes Key-C and provides a light string gauge.
- Best Chromatic Harmonica on budget.
- Has 24 Holes so can play a total of 48 tones.
- It has a plastic comb so don’t have to worry about rusting as in steel.
- Only good enough for Beginners.
- Ok build quality and not highly responsive.
4. Bee Mouth Organ with 48 holes (Color May Vary)
Bee Mouth Organ Harmonica has a very handy design and a well-formed cover plate.
- Comfortable Grip.
- Comes in many colors.
- Good for children.
- Feels cheap build quality.
- Not recommendable for intermediates and above.
5. Juarez JRZ10HM Key C Diatonic Blues Harmonica 10 Hole 20 Tones with Case
A Diatonic blues Harmonica that has 10 holes and 20 tones.
- The most affordable Harmonica.
- Ok for beginners.
- 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty.
- Bad build quality but can’t expect much at this price point.
- Air leak complaints, useable for a limited period.
6. East top Harmonica 24 Holes 48 Tones with C Key Professional Mouth Organ Tremolo.
This East top Harmonica has 24 holes and 48 tones and to note this is a mouth organ tremolo.
- The Sound is loud and clear.
- Feels sturdy to hold due to its heavy build.
- Great for beginners and value for the buck.
- Easily catches fingerprints.
- The price is high.
7. KETOSTICS JDR MOUTH ORGAN/HARMONICA 10 HOLES (KEY OF C) BLACK FOR MUSIC LOVERS.
A Harmonica from ketostics and feels very light compared to other mouth organs.
- Steel build quality.
- Great color for black lovers.
- Sounds fine.
- Diatonic with only 10 holes, so can’t play many tones.
- Small and less weight so not very comfortable to hold.
8. Swan SW1020H 10 Hole Harmonica Mouth Organ (Silver, Key C)
This is a copper base plate and 10 hole key of c Blues Harmonica.
- Fine build.
- Good for beginners.
- Has Ok sound quality.
- Could reduce the price a little.
- Low sound output and less responsive.
9. GUITARIST BLUE GT-24 Mouth Organ Harmonica 48 holes For Children
This Harmonica is best suited to present to kids for casual and fun use.
- Just ok sound.
- Contrasting color makes it likable for the kids.
- Lightweight so easy to carry.
- Just a toy for kids and not ideal for beginner use.
- Not great acoustics.
10. Ascension ® Harmonica Mouth Organ 24 Holes 48 reads Key C with Plastic Case Beginner Students
This Harmonica has 24 holes and 48 reads with a silver metal body.
- Value for money at this price range.
- The Sound quality is above average.
- Fair build quality.
- Limited stock.
- Best for beginner level.
Should you get this wind instrument? After the detailed analysis of the mouth organ, without a doubt, it’s safe to say, yes! Considering the ease of use, low cost, a wide range of health benefits like controlling anxiety, depression and makes you feel relaxed.
It’s a definite go-to instrument. It is no wonder that Harmonica is also a widely used Musical Instrument.
What is the price of the Harmonica?
It starts as low as ₹330 and goes to a max of ₹1500.
Which is the best mouth organ?
The best mouth organ is the one that best suits you. But overall to get started with, Artic and Juarez seem Good choices.