A mosquito repellent is a substance that has been designed to keep mosquitoes from biting humans. These are available in different forms such as creams, lotions, roll-on sticks, and oils, etc. and can either be applied directly on the skin or used via a vapouriser.
Mosquito repellents usually have an active ingredient that has an unappealing smell for mosquitoes thereby repelling them and a secondary ingredient that mixes and dilutes the first active ingredient to the desired consistency. Also check the buyers guide for Best Mosquito Nets, Best Mosquito Rackets, 7 Best Mosquito & flies sprays, Cockroach Killer Brands & Best Bed bug sprays in India.
The desired concentration assists in releasing the mosquito repellent most effectively. Also, these are available as an aerosol-or pump-spray that can be applied on clothes or on the skin to keep mosquitoes away.
Buy Top 10 Best Mosquito Repellents in India
Buyers Guide – Mosquito Repellants
There are certain factors that you must consider before buying a mosquito repellent. It is always a good idea to check the consumer feedback for potential harmful effects or other issues they may have faced while using a particular brand.
- First of all, you must check the ingredients of mosquito repellents. DEET (diethyltoluamide) is the most common ingredient in mosquito repellents.
- It is very effective in protecting the skin against mosquito bites.
- Picaridin and DEET together most effectively repel the harmful insects from biting you.
- Another important feature to look out for is how long mosquito repellent remains active.
- Usually, the effect lasts for around 8 hours, which is often sufficient.
- Always buy a well-known and reliable brand of mosquito repellent.
- Local brands may not be effective or may have harmful side effects.
- Poor quality local brands must be avoided because they can irritate the skin and eyes.
- Choosing a repellent that has a natural smell is always recommended.
- It would be cost-effective to buy a spray that kills mosquitoes as well as other insects.
Side effects must also be read before sealing the decision. If the product has too many side effects, opt for another less-hazardous product.
Features of Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito repellent exhibits various features that help in effectively and efficiently getting rid of mosquitoes.
Just consider below features while choosing a mosquito repellent:
- Mosquito repellents are available in various forms such as creams, lotions, oils, etc.
- These do not irritate the mucus and the skin membranes and thereby do not cause skin irritations or other complications.
- Also, these are good for repelling other insects too and remain active for a good amount of time –almost for 8 hours.
- These usually have no side effects if they are used as per the instructions given.
- Some mosquito repellents also have perfumes added to it so that they are also cosmetically appealing.
How Does a Mosquito Repellant Works?
Mosquito repellents work by affecting the sense of smell of the mosquitoes or other insects. Mosquito repellents are made of an active and a secondary ingredient.
- These ingredients in the mosquito repellents are made of substances such as icaridin or diethyltoluamide (DEET).
- Also, these ingredients affect the smell sensors of the mosquitoes or other insects.
- Mosquitoes depend on their sense of smell to target and attack their prey.
- Most of the mosquito repellents evaporate when applied on human skin or when the vaporizing machine is switched on, and this, in turn, blocks the smell sensors of the mosquitoes.
- The ingredients such as icaridin or diethyltoluamide (DEET) that prevent the mosquitoes from coming close to humans.
List of Top 10 Mosquito Repellents to Buy Online In India
Mosquito repellents differ from the insecticide repellents as mosquito repellents are non-toxic for humans. Most of the sprays are also effective in repelling other insects such as bees, flies, ants, cockroaches, etc.
1. Good Knight Mosquito Repellent Refill Power Activ+ Pack of 2:
This is one of the most efficient mosquito repellents that effectively repels all mosquitoes surrounding you. It keeps you and the environment around you fresh and scented. The Good Knight Power Activ+ can also be refilled.
- Good Knight Mosquito Repellent can be safely used around the children or elders
- The product contains the 2 units of the active+liquidvaporizer refill
- And it has dual modes: active- and normal- mode
- The Good Knight bottle comes in small size only and there is a demand for larger refill bottles
2. Dabur Odomos Naturals Mosquito Repellent Spray in 100ml:
The Dabur Odomos is one of the most effective natural mosquito repellent sprays. It consists of the goodness of the aloe vera and citronella – that are 100% natural mosquito repellents. There is 100ml quantity in the bottle.
- Dabur Odomos Mosquito Repellent Spray creates a smooth and relaxing environment at home, protecting you & your family from mosquitos
- The rose fragrance is good for people who are prone to allergies
- Also, the quality of the product is unbeatable
- Some customers have complained that this is not a 100% natural mosquito repellent
3. All Out Ultra 3 Refills Power+ Fan & 9 Refills Ultra Power+ Fan Combo:
This supremely effective mosquito repellent comes with the most advanced refill machine. The refill machine has a universal fitting, so it can fit on any refill bottle. The price is also quite affordable.
- All Out Ultra Mosquito Repellent can kill malaria and dengue-causing mosquitoes.
- It boasts its excellent knockdown formula
- The product is more effective with its AllOut Ultra ‘fan’ machine
- Customers have complained that the liquid runs out fast
4. Goodknight Cool Gel with Natural Aloe Vera Mosquito Repellent:
This anti-mosquito cool gel is a unique product. This mosquito repellent provides natural protection from mosquito bites. It is also affordable.
- Goodknight Cool Gel is an easy-to-use product that can be applied directly on the arms, legs, face, neck and other parts of the body
- The anti-mosquito cooling gel has been certified by pediatricians
- This is a cool gel that is non-sticky and contains aloe vera
- It only gives 4 hours of protection
5. Goodknight 8ml Mosquito Roll-On Fabric with Bubblegum Fragrance:
This is an innovative mosquito repellent that requires the application of four dots of the mosquito repellent on your apparel to ensure mosquitoes keep away.
- Goodknight Mosquito Repellent is made of 100% natural ingredients –citronella and eucalyptus oil
- It lasts for 8 hours
- Protects you from all kinds of mosquitoes
- The product is safe for children.
- Some consumers have complained that the smell is extremely strong
6. Novosynth Mosqpel Kidzee Herbal Mosquito Vaporizer Safe & Natural:
NovosynthMosqpell is a safe and natural mosquito repellent. It is effective in keeping disease-causing mosquitoes away.
- Novosynth Mosquito Vaporizer is specially designed to keep you safe
- The formula of the mosquito repellent consists of the natural ingredients that are globally-approved
- Also, it is made with high-quality material
- There have been complaints received regarding quick liquid exhaustion
7. Mamaearth Anti Mosquito Roll-On Fabric 8ml DEET Free Protects from Chikungunya, Dengue & Malaria:
MamaEarth is one of the best products available in the market. It is made of 100% natural ingredients such as eucalyptus, citronella, and lemongrass. MamaEarth is certified for usage on babies and the elderly.
- Mamaearth Mosquito Roll-On is effective in keeping away different types of mosquitoes
- That causes diseases like dengue, malaria, and chikungunya.
- With only a few drops on your fabric, you will be able to keep mosquitoes away from you for 8 hours
- The product does not leave stains on fabric on which it is applied.
- The product has a strong smell
8. Aromatika® Get Out Natural Mosquito Repellent Citronella Incense Sticks 12 Pouches x 10 Sticks per Pouch:
Aromatika is an effective natural mosquito repellent. The package includes two boxes of the mosquito repellent with each box containing 120 sticks, which makes it a total of 240 sticks.
- Aromatika Natural Mosquito Repellent has a fresh fragrance that no other competitive product has
- 1 stick takes around 1 hour to burn
- It is made with the 100% java-grade citronella oil
- The mosquito repellent may be a little too aromatic
9. Catche Ayurvedic Formulation Insta Mosquito Repellent Pack Of 4:
This is an excellent mosquito repellent whose refill fits well on all kinds of machines.
- Catche Mosquito Repellent can be used inside closed rooms, unlike other mosquito repellents
- It is safe for pregnant women and children
- The product does not have transfluthrin
- Some customers have complained about its effectiveness
10. LuvLap Natural Mosquito Repellent Patch, 48 Pieces Pack of 2:
This repellent provides effective protection against mosquitoes. There are no chemicals used in the formula. The LuvLap patches stick to clothes or surfaces like cribs, strollers, and cots, etc. to keep away the mosquitoes.
- LuvLap Mosquito Repellent does not have DEET, DEB, or Transflurthrin in it
- And it is safe for children and women
- Also, this provides 12 hours of protection against mosquito bites
- Complaints have been received regarding the effectiveness of the mosquito patch
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 10 best mosquito repellents in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which one is best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best mosquito repellent for you along with valuable benefits.
Which is the most effective mosquito repellent?
Good Knight Power Activ+is one of the most effective mosquito repellents. There are many benefits of buying this. First of all, it comes in a nicely-packaged bottle.
Secondly, the machine has dual modes – normal mode and active+ mode. Lastly, it offers complete protection against the dengue, chikungunya, and malaria-causing mosquitoes.
What is a natural way to repel mosquitoes?
Many natural ingredients effectively repel mosquitoes. Some of the most common natural products include soybean oil, thyme oil, lavender, cinnamon oil, citronella, tea tree oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, etc.
The oils are used on the skin or can be put in a diffuser to repel mosquitoes. Natural mosquito repellents show their effectiveness the second they are applied.
What smell do mosquitoes hate?
Many natural mosquito repellents are good for humans but repel mosquitoes. These include the smell emitted from basil, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, thyme, cinnamon, tea tree leaves, among others.
How can I stop mosquito bites?
You can avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes in the ways mentioned below:
- Apply the mosquito repellents on the skin so that mosquitoes do not come near you.
- Light colours clothes keep mosquitoes at bay.
- You can shut the doors and windows of the house at certain times of the day like evenings.
- If there is standing water in the house, it invites mosquitoes. So, standing water must be removed.
- You can place a mosquito net around the bed.