Mosquito nets for babies usually serve three purposes. The first purpose is that of protecting the babies from being bitten by mosquitos. The second purpose is that of protecting babies from other insects (for instance, flies). The third purpose is that of protecting the babies from dust.
Mosquito bites can cause considerable pain to babies. They can also make the babies fall ill with diseases like malaria. It is best to avoid them. And the way to do so is by using mosquito nets. Also, check the list of the best Mosquito nets, mosquito Rackets, Mosquito Killer Machines, Mosquito Repellents in India.
List of Top 10 Best Mosquito Nets for Babies in India
Features of Mosquito Net for Baby
- Mesh fabric is an important feature in a mosquito net.
- It determines how effective the net is at keeping mosquitos and other insects away while allowing air to pass through.
- The mesh structure also matters.
- That is for instance with respect to how big or small the holes in the mesh netting are.
- The frame type is another important feature in a mosquito net.
- It determines how durable the net is likely to be.
- Transparency is yet an important feature in a mosquito net.
- This influences how easily you are able to see the baby, once she is inside the net.
- Closure type and the ease with which the nets can be folded are important features.
- So is the ease with which the net can be cleaned.
Types of Mosquito Nets for Babies
- There are mosquito nets for babies that come as part of complete baby bedding sets.
- So they come alongside baby pillows and baby mattresses.
- Then there are mosquito nets that are sold separately/as stand-alone items.
- You can find a mosquito net that has support from a plastic frame.
- On the other hand, you can also find a mosquito net that has support from a metal wireframe.
- You can also find a mosquito net with zip closure on both sides.
- Alternatively, you can find a baby mosquito net with a zip closure on only one side.
- Others have no zip whatsoever.
How to use a Mosquito Net for Baby?
- Upon getting a mosquito net for the baby, the first step you need to take is that of assembling it.
- This is a question of laying the net onto the frame.
- Spread it carefully on the frame.
- Then tuck it onto the mattress to ensure that there are no spaces where mosquitos can enter.
- After assembling the mosquito net for the baby, the next step is to open the zip.
- Then place the baby on the mattress that is covered by the mosquito net.
- Thereafter, close the zip.
- The mosquito net will then protect the baby from mosquito and other insect bites, as well as dust.
- Remember to be cleaning the mosquito net for a baby on a regular basis.
Buying guide for Mosquito Net for Baby
- The most important thing, while buying a mosquito net for a baby is size.
- Ensure that the net is big enough for your baby (by checking its dimensions).
- Check the netting. Ensure that the holes in the net mesh are small enough to keep mosquitos and other harmful insects away.
- But at the same time, ensure that the holes are big enough to allow air circulation.
- Consider how easy it will be to assemble/dissemble the net.
- Also, consider how easy it will be to clean the net.
List of Top 10 Best Mosquito Nets for Babies in India-Buyers Guide
1. Amardeep Toddler Mosquito and Insect Protection Net
Amardeep toddler insect net is Ideal for babies between 0 and 3 months. Comes as part of a complete baby bedding set – with a mattress and pillow.
- It is easy to carry around (because it is lightweight and foldable)
- Price is quite low
- Offers good visual stimulation to the baby
- Baby soon outgrows it (after 3 months)
- The frame material is plastic
2. Superminis Multicolor Zip Closure Mosquito Net
What you get here is a bedding set, which includes a mattress, pillows, and mosquito net. The net is highly breathable, yet offers good protection against mosquitos and other insects.
- The net frame is sturdy
- The Mosquito Net has good breathability
- It is easy to assemble
- Ideal only for use by babies up to 12 months
- Some may find the zipper somewhat delicate
3. DearJoy Baby Bedding Set
This DearJoy baby bedding set includes a mattress, baby play gym, and mosquito net. Easy to store and clean.
- Ideal for use by small and bigger babies
- The bunny print theme is likely to be attractive to babies
- Price is within a reasonable range
- Some may struggle with assembly initially
- It May becomes somewhat bulky upon folding
4. Cutieco New Born Baby Bedding Set with Protective Mosquito Net
What you get here is a velvet baby bedding set, which includes a fine mosquito net. Its cost is low and it is ideal for babies between 0 and 3 months.
- Net has full/permanent attachment to the bedding set
- The whole bedding set is foldable and portable
- Assembly is fairly easy
- The mosquito net here is modest in size
- It is plain and therefore doesn’t offer much visual stimulation to baby
5. Nagar International Baby’s Mattress with Mosquito Net
Nagar international baby set comes in blue color. Can comfortably accommodate babies between 0 and 12 months.
- Offers protection against both insects and dust
- Price is within almost everybody’s reach
- The color and design are elegant
- The net frame is somewhat delicate
- Cleaning the net alongside the bedding set may require some time
6. LifeKrafts Bottomless Foldable Baby Mosquito Net
This LifeKrafts mosquito net is one of those mosquito nets that are sold on a stand-alone basis (not as part of a baby bedding set). It has a unique bottomless design.
- Capable of keeping even the tiniest mosquitos away
- Quite easy to clean
- The net is reasonably big
- Mosquito Net Price is somewhat high
- Net assembly can be a time-consuming affair
7. KooKyKooby Baby Bedding with Mosquito Protection Net
Offers protection against both big and small insects. Lightweight and quite portable.
- Mosquito Net frame seems sturdy enough
- The net has decent breathability
- The bedding set is soft and comfortable for the baby
- Net size is rather modest
- Price is somewhat high given the size
8. Vebeto Baby Bedding Set With Mosquito Net
Includes a baby play gym. Comes with a very strong mosquito net frame.
- The whole bedding set has great aesthetic appeal
- Price is reasonable
- Frame is sturdy (hence durable)
- Only ideal for smaller babies
- The toys in the baby play gym are rather rudimentary
9. Healthy Sleeping Polyester Baby Portable Mosquito Net
Stand-alone mosquito net for baby (not part of a bedding set). Pink in color and foldable.
- Can accommodate many bed sizes
- Net has beautiful print patterns
- Price is quite good given the net quality
- Not fully transparent
- Cleaning may require some effort and time
10. Fareto Baby Teddy Print Mattress with Net
Most ideal for babies between 0 and 6 months. The cost is low and the mosquito net offers decent protection.
- The whole bedding set is aesthetically appealing
- The cost is within most people’s reach
- Weight is low and the bedding set is foldable
- Some users may initially struggle with assembly
- Baby soon outgrows this net (at 6 months age)
Investing in a good-quality mosquito net can help protect your baby from mosquito bites, fly irritations, and dust. This guide has the information you need to select an ideal mosquito net for a baby.
Which mosquito net is best for a baby?
The best mosquito net for a baby is one that keeps all insects (including mosquitos) from entering. It should also have good airflow and allow the caregiver to always have a good view of the baby.
Can we wash the mosquito net?
Yes, you can wash mosquito nets. But you first have to remove it from the frame/ring before washing.
What is the price of the mosquito net for a baby?
Baby mosquito net price is usually between 300 and 1,500 rupees, depending on size and features.