The mopping robot has caught the attention of people who do not have the time to clean their houses as well as people who are very particular when it comes to cleanliness. The use of this gadget is simple and easy.
With our preoccupied and busy lifestyle, we do not have much time to run household chores. Especially those that require back-breaking effort when it comes to cleaning the house. No one likes sweeping and mopping.
It is a tedious and tiring job that requires carrying water-filled buckets across the house along with an unsanitary mop. However, the time of suffering has come to an end.
Thanks to technology, we have now robots to carry out these tasks for us. All it requires a filled tank, then pressing the start button, and voila.
Top 10 Best Mopping Robots in India
Buyers Guide – Mopping Robot
There are countless mopping robots available in the market. They have different features that come at different price ranges. A few important factors that need consideration before selecting this gadget are mentioned below.
- This is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a mopping robot.
- It would be wise to opt for a gadget that has a user-friendly setup, simple charge, efficient programming, and a suitable compartment for filling water.
- Models that require connectivity with smartphones and Wi-Fi highly recommended to those who are familiar with such applications.
- Low-end quality mopping robots are not as effective as high- end mopping robots when it comes to intense deep cleaning.
- Moreover, they should be able to clean efficiently and effectively without damaging the surface of the floor.
- Another important factor to consider is the battery timing of these gadgets.
- For larger premises, it would be ideal to buy a mopping robot that has a battery time that lasts for 90 minutes.
- For places such as condos and apartments, a robot with a 60-minute runtime would suffice.
- Additionally, opt for those models that have an alarm to indicate when the battery is low, or even those that return to their charging docks when low on battery.
- Most of the common gadgets have sensors that can detect furniture and work their way around them.
- The high-end products can also map the whole floor and operate accordingly.
Features to Keep in Mind While Choosing a Mopping Robot
- The main purpose of mopping robots is to mop the floors without supervision
- Or any type of human assistance apart from filling the tank and switching the gadget on.
- It has a small compartment that filled with water or/and cleaning solutions, and the bottom surface is fitted with microfibre cloths that are designed to scrub the surface vigorously.
- Most of the common mopping robots synchronized and controlled via active voice assistance
- Smartphones and some of the upgraded versions feature as robot vacuums as well as for deep impact cleaning.
- They come with built-in sensors that help the gadget navigate throughout the premises and around the furniture.
Types of Mopping Robots
A cleaning duo is a robot mop as well as a robot vacuum that operate together. There are three types of mopping robots that are commonly available in the market – single function, vacuum hybrid robot mop, and a cleaning duo.
- A vacuum hybrid robot mop sucks up the dirt and simultaneously mops the floor. It has a microfiber cloth that helps with cleaning the residue after being picked up by the vacuum.
- The devices are synchronized and work on a cycle with the vacuum robot starting its tasks followed by the mopping robot once completed.
- A single function mopping robot is designed specifically to carry out one task.
- It wet mops the entire floor around the premises.
- These models spray water over the surface so that it can moisten the stains and dirt and can later be scrubbed by the mopping robot.
How Does a Mopping Robot Work?
The basic function of all mopping robots is to clean and sweep off the dirt from the floors, however, many models offer different mopping options.
These devices are charged on their charging docks and have a battery life of 60-120 minutes depending on the models. The water compartment is of a standard size that is suitable for functioning on a full charge.
- Mopping Robots that have a wet mopping option require water and cleaning solution to carry out the task.
- It releases a mixture of water and the solution in high volume while hovering over the surface multiple times for effective cleaning.
- Robots that have sweeping or damp mopping option release a slightly less amount of water and solution and pass a few times over the same spot.
- Dry sweeping/mopping robots, pass across a spot on the floor in one motion collecting moisture from the surface in one go.
- Some of these robots have both options, where you can run a wet mopping mode for moistening the surface
- And afterward, have it cleaned again with the dry mopping mode for effective cleaning results.
List of Top 10 Best Mopping Robots in India
Mopping robots have caught the attention and market especially for those who do not have time for cleaning their houses as well as people who are very particular when it comes to cleanliness.
1. iLife Robot Vacuum Cleaner ILIFEV3spro in Pearl White:
This machine is great for picking up and cleaning debris, dirt, lint, pet hair, and human hair. It has a user-friendly setup and requires low maintenance compared to most of the models available. Also, it is featured with an air filtrations system of HEPA which is suitable for people with allergies and asthma.
- iLIFE Mopping Robot is an affordable and compact robotic vacuum cleaner
- It is ideal for cleaning low heap carpets & all types of floor surfaces.
- Also, it is lightweight and portable (2.05 kg)
- Operated with an IR remote controller & runtime is 120-140 minutes
- 5 hours charge time
- Does not feature advanced navigation
2. Irobot Braava Jet 240 Robotic Mop Mopping Robot:
This is featured with single button operation. It comes with 3 different cleaning modes – mop, dry and damp. Also, it is equipped with a washable cloth and disposable pads for cleaning the floor.
- iRobot Braava Jet Mopping Robot is a compact and effective product
- This device cleans a spot 3 times
- Also, it is featured with 3 cleaning modes (mop, dry & damp)
- 20 minutes runtime
- Does not have a charging dock station
3. PureClean PUCRC95 Automatic Programmable Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
This is a programmable cleaner that can clean surfaces automatically based on a schedule set by the user. The gadget is ideal for cleaning bathroom tiles, kitchen tiles, hardwood floors, and hard carpets.
- PureClean PUCRC95 is featured with self-activation that starts cleaning in your absence.
- Also, it is suitable for most types of floor surfaces
- The robot returns to its docking station as soon as the battery is low.
- Not suitable for hard carpets
4. PureClean PUCRC26B Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
This has a built-in sensor that detects obstacles around the floor. It is featured with 2 sweeping edge brushes to remove debris and dust from corners and edges. The gadget also consists of a dust container and filter.
- PureClean PUCRC26B is an automatic programmable vacuum cleaning device
- It is an ideal gadget for cleaning all types of floor surfaces.
- Also, it is featured with a HEPA filter & scheduling option
- Does not have a wet mopping cleaning option
5. PUCRC26B.5 Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
This is a programmable vacuum cleaning robot that is an efficient and effective home appliance gadget. It is engineered with a sensor for detecting furniture on the floor. Also, it consists of 2 durable sweeping brushes, a compact size dust filter, and a dust container.
- PureClean PUCRC26B.5 Mopping Robot comes with single-button operation & self-activation cleaning
- This is best for cleaning a wide range of floor surfaces.
- Does not feature wet mopping
6. Ecovacs Deebot 500 Robots Vacuum Cleaner Robotic Smart APP:
This is a smart vacuum cleaning robot & featured with 3 different cleaning modes – edge, auto, and spot. It can be programmed through an application on your smartphone along with displaying cleaning modes and battery status. And it is suitable for removing debris, dirt, pet hair, and human hair from the floor.
- Ecovacs Deebot 500 Mopping Robot has 3 powerful cleaning modes (Edge, Auto, and Spot)
- It can operate with an active voice assistant compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Can be synchronized and programmed through a smartphone app
- Low battery runtime
7. iRobot Robot Vacuum Cleaner Roomba i7 i7156 with Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes & Power-Lifting Suction:
This is engineered with an intelligent navigation system of iAdapt 3.0 for mapping the house or premises. It can be programmed with a set schedule of cleaning cycles through the smartphone application. This has a runtime of approximately 75 minutes and a charge time of 80 minutes.
- iRobot Roomba i7156 is one of the most complex robot vacuum cleaners in the market.
- Come with mapping and navigation system
- Requires less time for a full charge
- Can be monitored and programmed via a smartphone application
- Expensive one
8. Pure Clean Automatic Floor Cleaner Smart Robot Vacuum with Mop Sweep Dust & Ability:
This is featured with a cleaning schedule option & engineered with dual rotating brushes that are efficient and effective for cleaning stubborn spots and stains. It has 100 minutes runtime & fitted with sensors that can indicate staircases and furniture around.
- PureClean PUCRC96B is an affordable smart robot vacuum cleaner
- It comes with 4 different cleaning modes including HEPA filter making it safe for people with allergies and asthma.
- The robot can self-navigate to the docking station when the battery is low.
- Does not operate with an IR remote
- Not suitable for cleaning wet surfaces
9. ILIFE V80 Smart 2-in-1 Dry & Wet Planned Vacuum Cleaning Robot with Automatic Self-Charging & Electronically Controlled Dust Tank:
This is a smart compact multipurpose cleaning robot packed with many great features. It is designed for deep mopping and high suction for surfaces like tiles, wooden floors, laminate, and stone.
It has a runtime of 120 minutes on a complete charge. Also, it has 2 units of head brushes for effective and thorough cleansing.
- iLIFE V80 Mopping Robot comes with dual cleaning feature (mopping & vacuuming)
- This is suitable for furniture with a low profile
- The robot engineered with 3 different cleaning modes
- Does not have an active voice assistant feature or app synchronization
10. Trifo Ironpie m6+ Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
This cleaning gadget featured with a built-in camera which makes it efficient for navigation purposes as well as home security. The cleaning schedule for the gadget can be monitored and programmed via an app. It has a runtime of 100 minutes with the feature of auto return to dock for recharging.
- Trifo IronPie M6 is a smart robot vacuum cleaner that makes it a great home appliance for cleaning purposes
- Advanced navigation system (built-in camera and 3D mapping)
- Programming schedule and monitoring cycles via a smartphone application
- Not affordable
- Hard to clean thick rugs and carpets
Mopping robots are a solution for cleaning premises without the supervision of people. They come with compartments for cleaning solutions and water, sprayed on the floor when cleaning.
Before selecting an appliance for your home, you should consider factors such as setup, performance, battery life, and sensors.
What is a mopping robot?
A mopping robot a cleaning gadget designed to clean floor surfaces automatically. Mopping robots are useful for cleaning premises without the supervision of people.
They come with compartments for cleaning solutions and water, which sprayed on the floor when cleaning. The gadgets operate on rechargeable batteries.
What are the types of mopping robots?
Mopping robots available in three different types – dry-sweep, wet, and dual (vacuum and mop). Dry sweep mops use moist reusable or disposable pads for cleaning floors.
Wet mopping spray water and cleaning liquid on the floor to moisten the dirt and clean it off. The dual cleaning robots operate as a vacuum cleaner as well as a mop.
What is the price of a mopping robot?
Mopping robots can range anywhere between 6,000 to 50,000 Indian rupees. However, the average range of a decent quality mopping robot is between 25,000 to 30,000 Indian rupees.