Maintaining a clean home or office is important for good hygiene and health. These days when we mop floors of our houses by kneeling on the floor and dragging along a piece of cloth dipped in water are outdated. This process is too much work and back-breaking. The best floor cleaning mop is the one which makes this task of cleaning easy and also doesn’t hurt our backs or knees. That’s why spin or spray mops are one of the greatest innovations because they make cleaning hassle-free and they are also available at affordable prices.
These mops have an adjustable handle, bucket, and drier to squeeze out the extra water without getting dirty or wet. We have curated a list of the 10 best floor cleaning mops which are under 1500, with pros and cons for each.
Top 10 Best Mops for Floor Cleaning in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Mop for floor cleaning
- The features of floor cleaning mops vary from brand to brand in India.
- These mops have handles that are long enough to reach all corners without too much effort.
- Most of them also come with a container and drier to squeeze out the extra water from the sponge or cloth.
- The best feature of these mops is that they come with wheels attached to the container.
- These wheels help to easily move around the water container.
- All the mops mentioned in this list have detachable and washable mop-head that assure good hygiene on every use.
- They come with different capacity water tanks.
- The sponge or cloth of the mops is made with super absorbent cotton and microfiber.
- They also have handles so they are very easy to adjust, extend, customize, and are also lightweight.
- This ensures that every corner is accessible and clean.
Types of Mops for floor cleaning
- There are many types of mops based on their mops head material, the capacity of a water tank, and the type of floor. Which type of mops are best depends upon the end-use.
- Some of them are two pieces set which include a separate container that holds the bucket with drier and the actual mop attached to a handle.
- The other type has a bottle attached to the mop handle that sprays out the water mixed with disinfectant liquid on the floor.
- Both types of mops also offer special mop-head pads that can be used on different kinds of floors such as marble or wooden surface.
- Mop handles are made of good quality plastic while others are made of lightweight stainless steel.
Buyers Guide for Mop for floor cleaning
- The task of buying these mops can be confusing for some.
- Here are some important things to keep in mind before buying a mop.
- Check the type and size of the mops head.
- his is important because different types of mops head material are suitable for different types of floors.
- Wooden floors should be cleaned with a minimum quantity of water therefore using the mops with spray attachments are always a better idea.
- It is better to buy a long-lasting microfiber head that can be washed or replaced for everyday use.
- Another tip is to buy mops that come with accessories.
- Most mops come with sets of free refills, a handle that pulls the drier bucket, or a water bucket that is attached to wheels.
- If you need a mop for heavy cleaning, a cloth mop works better than a sponge mop.
- Sponge mops are suitable for smaller and accidental spills.
- A spin mops are better because it has 360 moving handlebars, you can control the amount of water you need for cleaning and they have extremely easy to replace or washable heads.
- They can be clipped onto the handle.
- You can do the entire cleaning process without getting dirty or wet.
- Also, remember that the size and shape of the mop are important features.
- It should reach all corners and small spaces without any difficulty.
How to use a Mop?
- The spin or spray mops are easy to use. Both types do not require electricity or any power source for their functioning.
- You just have to fill some water or Floor Cleaner Liquid in the container according to your need, first, dip the mop head in the water and then in the rotating drier by pushing it up and down.
- You can control the amount of water you need for cleaning after every dip.
- The rotating drier does exactly that within seconds. Once the head has absorbed the desired quantity of water you can start cleaning by striking the mop stick left and right.
- Spray mops have a bottle-like container attached to the mop.
- It sprays out water by pushing the button on its handle.
- Using a disinfectant liquid or soap is optional for all types of mops.
List of Top 10 Mops for Floor Cleaning in India-Buyers Guide
1. Spotzero by Milton Elite Spin Mop with Bigger Wheels and Plastic Auto Fold Handle for 360 Degree Cleaning (Aqua Green, Two Refills)
The Spotzero mops have around and 360-degree mop handle that rotates and reaches all corners. It comes with a twin bucket system. It also has big wheels and a handle
- Big wheels to move around easily.
- Comes with two refills.
- The rotating handle is easy to use.
- Handle not sturdy enough
- The bucket size is small.
2. Scotch-Brite 2-in-1 Bucket Spin Mop (2 Refills)
The Scotch-Brite 2in1 bucket spin mop has a durable microfiber head. It has a rotating handle. The head is made using absorbent material. It picks up even the finest dust particles.
- 360-degree rotating handle.
- Excellent quality microfiber.
- The quality of the material is durable.
- No wheels on the bucket.
- No drainage for dirty water.
3. Gala e-Quick Spin Mop with Easy Wheels and Bucket with Free Refill
The Gala e-Quick spin Mop has soft and high absorbing strings attached to the mop. It comes with a wringer that will help to easily squeeze out the excess water. It has an extendible handle.
- Wheels for easy movement.
- Firm grip puller handle on the buckets.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- Expensive compared to others.
- Not for light cleaning or small spills.
4. Prestige Clean Home PSB 10 Plastic Magic Mop
The Prestige Clean Home PSB 10 Plastic Magic Mop is a two bucket set including a wringer and a bucket that is made of high-quality plastic. It comes with two refills for the mop head. It has a rotating handle which is made of plastic and steel.
- Made of high-quality material.
- Drainage of unclean water is easy.
- Wheels and handle for moving around easily.
- Expensive compared to others.
- Small capacity of holding water.
5. FIGMENT Microfiber Spray Mop
The Figment Microfiber Mop has a spray bottle attached to the handle. It has a rectangular microfiber head. Mops also have a rotating handle. It has a three-pad flat microfiber head.
- It is affordable and good for people on a tight budget.
- Good for wooden and laminated flooring.
- It comes with 3 refill pads.
- The rod or handle adjusting is difficult.
- The size of the mop head makes it difficult to clean corners.
6. Presto! Spin Mop, Oval Bucket with Plastic Basket with 2 Refills
The Presto Spin Mop is a twin bucket mop that cleans smoothly. It has a twin bucket system with a separate compartment for clean and dirty water. It comes with 2 refills that are easy to attach, remove or wash.
- It is affordable compared to others.
- The wringer takes seconds to rinse out excess water.
- It has an attached soap dispenser.
- It is not sturdy enough.
- The handle is not extendible.
7. U.P.C. Hands-Free Squeeze Microfiber Flat Spin Mop System 360° Flexible Head with 1 Super-absorbent Microfiber Pads, 59.8” Extended Stainless Steel Handle
The U.P.C. Flat Spin Mop is a heavy cleaning mop to clean larger areas. It has a flat head and a rectangular bucket. It has a plug at the bottom which makes drainage of dirty water hassle-free.
- It has extremely good quality microfiber.
- The handle is sturdy and made of stainless steel.
- No water splashing because it has a closed lid.
- Not a completely hands-free experience of rinse.
- No wheels and puller, therefore, heavy to lift.
8. POKARI Flat Mop and Bucket Set for Floor Cleaning, Hands-Free Squeeze Mop for Hardwood, Laminate Floor. Stainless-Steel Handle, 2 Washable & Reusable Microfiber Mop Heads
The Pokari Mop is a flat head microfiber mop. It has a comb attaché to the head to clean the mop head itself. Mops are made using thick ABS plastic. It has a rotating handle.
- It doesn’t take too much space and can be stored by hanging on the wall.
- The microfiber pad is detachable and washable.
- It is suitable for all kinds of flooring.
- Quality is not the best.
- It is not a completely clean-hand experience.
9. YORK Flat Spray Mop, 2 in 1, Liquid Dispenser and Movable Handle, High Absorbent Microfiber, for Wet and Dry Surface, Marble Flooring, Tiles Cleaning
The York Mop is a flat head spray mop. It has a dispenser where you can mix soap with water. The dispenser is attached to the stainless steel rod. It can be used on all kinds of different flooring.
- The spray button is on the top part of the handle.
- It is easy to use.
- Good quality dispenser.
Expensive compared to others.
- It does not come with refills.
10. LAGO Flat MOP SQUEEZO with 3XL MOPHEAD and 3 Microfiber Carpet Pads, 126cm Stainless Steel Handle
The Lago Mop is a flat head mop with three pads of microfiber. It has two compartments to hold water and the other to remove excess water. The rod of the mop is steel and the bucket is of plastic.
- It is sturdy and made with good quality material.
- Big bucket size.
- Easy to clean larger areas.
- It does not have wheels and a puller handle.
- It is extremely heavy to lift and has non-extendible handles.
The process of cleaning can be tiring and a lot of hard work. The spin or spray mops make this process quick and backache-free. You don’t have to put your hands in the unhygienic and dirty water anymore. The list that we have curated includes the top 10 mops which are highly efficient and are available at different price points. Floor Cleaning mops in India are available at different prices for a variety of features.
Which is the best mop in India?
The best mop to buy depends upon the end-use. Spin mops or spray mops are better than traditional mops because you can complete the process by not getting your own hands dirty or wet.
What is the price of the best mop in India?
It is between 800INR – 1600INR