A menstrual cup needs to be regularly sterilized for hygiene and safety reasons. The menstrual cup sterilizer is a device that makes that possible. It is a device into which you pour some water, introduce the menstrual cup in, and then switch the power on. Thereafter it boils the water, giving out steam, with which it sterilizes the menstrual cup, making it safe for use. It thus saves from the trouble you’d otherwise have needed to go through. That is the trouble of boiling water in a pot to produce steam. It was then used the steam to sterilize the menstrual cup.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Menstrual Cup, Sanitary Pads, Whisper Pads, maternity pads, adult diapers, Disinfectant Wipes, Wet Wipes, Baby diapers, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, UV sterilizers, Hand wash liquids, Best Disinfectant sprays, in India.
Top 10 Best Menstrual Cup Sterilizers in India
Features of Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
- Anti-melting protection is a key feature in menstrual cup sterilizers. The best ones have a mechanism to ensure that the cups being sterilized don’t end up melting.
- Another key feature is the power rating. This tells you which power sources you plug it into, and which ones you can’t.
- Yet another important feature is auto switch-off. This ensures that the power cuts out the moment the water that was in the device evaporates.
- In a menstrual cup sterilizer portability is also a key feature. The best ones are compact, and one can carry them along while travelling.
- How fast the menstrual cup sterilizers complete the task is important, as is their efficacy. Ideal ones can get the job done in 2-5 minutes. And in terms of efficacy, they can kill as much as 99% of germs.
Types of Menstrual Cup Sterilizers
- There are specialized menstrual cup sterilizers (which are only meant for use with certain specific menstrual cup brands). Then there are versatile ones (which work well with many menstrual cup brands). We even have some that are so versatile that, besides sterilizing menstrual cups, they can also fix other items. So those are other times like kegel balls.
- There are BPA-free menstrual cup sterilizers. Then some have BPAs. People usually regard hose that is BPA-free as being much better.
- There are portable menstrual cup sterilizers. Then some are not portable.
Buying Guide for Menstrual Cup Sterilizers
- The most important thing to consider while buying a menstrual cup sterilizer is efficacy. Check what percentage of germs it claims to be capable of killing. Then check its working mechanism, to ensure that it is capable of that.
- Ideally, go for a menstrual cup sterilizer that switches itself off, once it is done sterilizing. This will save you a lot of trouble when doing the actual sterilizing work.
- If possible, go for a menstrual cup sterilizer that is portable. Remember how tricky it can be to sterilize your menstrual cup while traveling.
- Pay some attention to the menstrual cup sterilizer price as well. Try to get good value for what you spend, without being fleeced.
- Check whether the device you buy has a warranty, and if yes, how long.
How To Use Menstrual Cup Sterilizer?
- Normally, you start by pouring some water into the menstrual cup sterilizer. Usually, the maker will tell you exactly how much water you need to pour in. A mechanism for measuring the water may also be given.
- After pouring water in, the next step is to introduce the menstrual cup into the sterilizer.
- Next, you need to plug it into the power source. Then switch the power on. Check the light, to indicate that the sterilizer has come on.
- The sterilizer will then heat the water, to produce steam. This steam will thereafter sterilize the menstrual cup, making it safe for use.
- Once the menstrual cup is sterilized, you may proceed to remove it (using very clean hands), and use/store it.
List of Top 10 Best Menstrual Cup Sterilizers in India-Buyers Guide
1. Sirona Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
Promises to kill up to 99% of the germs that may be on the menstrual cup. Does its work fully in as little as 3 minutes?
- Comes with an auto switch-off feature
- It is BPA-free
- Doesn’t require the use of soaps or detergents (whose residues can cause issues)
- It may have portability limits
- Somewhat delicate, and requires keen handling
2. Pee Safe Menstrual Cup (Steam) Sterilizer
This is a compact and effective menstrual cup sterilizer. Versatile and also suitable for use with other items like kegel balls.
- Price is quite low relative to other products in the niche
- Easy to travel around with
- Works quite fast
- Packaging is quite basic
- The cup requires quite a bit of time to cool off before removal
3. Carmesi Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
Comes with a touch-sensitive panel. Designed to complete sterilization almost instantly.
- Occupies very little space (given its minimalist design)
- Easy to operate
- Doesn’t harm the environment too much (as it is BPA-free)
- The external part may be prone to dust build-up if not wiped often enough
- It May not suitable for sterilizing all types of menstrual cups (but only certain specific ones)
4. YTYOMUR Menstrual Cup Steamer Sterilizer
What you get here is a sterilizer alongside two actual menstrual cups. The sterilizer has one button control design, for user convenience.
- Versatile (to clean many types of menstrual cups, due to its egg design)
- Size allows for easy portability
- Uses very little water to produce steam
- Price is a bit high compared to other products in the niche
- Some may find the 2 menstrual cups it comes with superfluous
5. Menstrual Cup Steamer Sterilizer
Built with a double insulation design. It comes with capabilities for steaming as well as secondary cleaning and finally storage.
- Includes a built-in fuse (for better protection or security)
- Operation requires the use of one button only
- Can sterilize a wide range of menstrual cups
- Some may find the price a bit high
- Takes quite a bit of time to finish its work
6. SAFECUP Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
Offers hassle-free cleaning of the menstrual cup. Includes a mesh to protect the cup from touching the bottom and getting burnt.
- Takes only 5 minutes for a complete working
- Comes with a good warranty
- Shuts off automatically once it completes its work
- It May not work well with certain menstrual cups
- It may initially produce some smell when turned on
7. GynoCup Collapsible Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
This is a unique microwave-safe menstrual sterilizer. Capable of going through the whole process – start to end – in 2 minutes.
- This is one of the most affordable products in this niche
- It is travel friendly
- Quite easy to operate
- It is a bit delicate, needing some careful handling
- The red colour may be off-putting to some people
8. Carecup Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
This is a 5.5 by 2.5 inches menstrual cup sterilizer. Can clean both small-size and large-size menstrual cups.
- Requires only single button operation
- Doesn’t affect the longevity of the menstrual cups
- It is quite discreet (given its size and design)
- Several of the features on it may be superfluous to some users
- Price may be out of reach for some
9. Evereve Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
Simple yet quite effective in design and usage. Comes with features to protect the user’s hands from things like scalding.
- Can save you lots of time (as it sterilizes so fast)
- Price is quite well relative to others in the market
- It has good efficacy (killing as much as 99% of germs)
- Requires good power supply to operate well
- It May not a perfect fit for certain types of menstrual cups
10. Geotech Menstrual Cup Sterilizer
What you get here is a plastic (but BPA-free) sterilizer which produces steam fast to disinfect menstrual cups. It is compact and light.
- Able to power off on its own after cleaning the menstrual cup
- Works well with many types of menstrual cups
- The price is quite good
- It May use quite a bit of power to produce the necessary steam
- Repair may be challenging if it happens to malfunction (since it is a plastic device)
A purpose-built menstrual cup sterilizer can help kill any germs that may be lurking on your menstrual cup conveniently. This guide will help you in choosing an ideal menstrual cup sterilizer for buying.
Is a menstrual cup sterilizer needed?
Yes, because it has made menstrual cup sterilization faster, more effective and more efficient.
How do you sterilize a menstrual cup?
By exposing all parts of it to steam — which comes about after subjecting the water to heat above boiling point.
Can I steam sterilize my menstrual cup?
Yes, it is essential to steam sterilize the cup regularly, to keep it hygienic and safe for your health.