We all need a memory card at some point to help with storing our media & to manage it we need a Memory card reader. They increase the space we have to store all of our pictures, videos, music, and documents. One of the problems that come with memory cards is that there are different shapes and sizes for different devices. It makes it hard to move media between devices. Memory card readers are the perfect solution to this. Also check the buyers guide for Best Samsung Memory Cards, 32GB Pendrives, 64GB Pendrives, 128GB Pendrives & OTG Pendrive in India.
They give us the ability to move media between a variety of devices without spending too much time on it. There are many options to choose from online, and it can be hard to make this choice when you can’t see the item. The buyer’s guide that follows will help you make the best choice from our top 10 list.
Top 10 Best Memory Card Readers in India
Features of Memory Card Readers
- There are a few different styles available that have their pros and cons.
- They are built like external hard drives, but instead of storing media, it has ports for your memory card.
- There are different styles to choose from which are designed according to the type of card they support.
- Some memory card readers are made only for microSD cards or SDHC cards.
- You can even find models that can support many different types of memory cards.
- Some readers are designed to be plugged into computers, and some are meant to be plugged into smartphones and tablets.
- There are even models that you can plug into different devices too.
- Many different brands and colours are available on the market these days.
Types of Memory Card Readers
There are a few different types of memory card readers that you will come across. Some of them include:
- microSD readers, which can only be used to read microSD cards that you use in smartphones and tablets.
- You get models that can be plugged into computers, phones, or both.
- SDHC readers, which you can only use with the memory cards you find in most cameras.
- They are usually only found with attachments for a computer, but a few manufacturers make models that can be plugged into phones.
- CF readers, which you use for compact flash memory cards.
- Combined readers, which can read all three types of memory cards and some can read even more.
Buyers guide -Memory Card Reader
- There are a few things you need to look for in a card reader because everybody has different needs.
- You will want to look at the type of connection the memory card reader has.
- If you want to move the media to your computer, you will need a USB connection.
- Some devices come with connections for both computers and Android smartphones.
- Choosing a reader that is compatible with all your memory cards is vital.
- Some designs come with ports for only microSD cards or SDHC cards.
- If you only need to read these cards, then it should be fine.
- Other options have ports for multiple types of cards, which is the more popular option.
- Speed is also important, especially if you need to move data quickly.
- Different designs have different speeds at which they can read and write data.
- If you are patient and don’t need speed, you can go for cheaper options.
- Size can be important if you want to travel with the reader a lot.
- Some are the size of USB sticks, while others are shaped more like external hard drives.
- Finally, your budget is important no matter what you are shopping for.
- You need to be able to afford the device that you want to purchase.
How to use Memory Card Reader?
- Memory cards work differently to readers because they store media and data.
- This data can be read using a memory card reader which will also allow you to move data between devices.
- They have connection ports that you put the memory cards in and a connection wire that allows you to plug the reader into your devices.
- These readers are based on something called semiconductor flash memory and they are popular because of how fast they read and write data. Being so easy to use, anyone can benefit from these devices.
- All you need is a memory card and a computer that has a USB port.
- You insert the memory card into the port of the reader.
- The reader is plugged into your laptop or smartphone and you can start working with the data.
List of Top 10 Best Memory Card Reader Brands in India-Buyers Guide
1. Transcend RDF8 USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader
This device is super-speed and works fast to read and write data from your memory cards. It has 3 ports to cater for microSD, SDHC and SDXC, and CF memory cards. The connection on this reader is a USB so it is ideal for moving media to your computer.
- Multi-card reader
- Short cable
2. Kingston USB 3.0 Card Reader
A great product that is portable and easy to travel with, this device is efficient and fast. There are four ports for different memory cards making it convenient. The USB connection is for computers, so you need to have a USB port on your device.
- 4 memory card ports
- Small and portable
3. Iball Cr24 Card Reader
Designed to look like a USB stick, this device is small and portable for you to transport it easily. Two ports support different memory cards. It works with speeds of up to 480Mbps which is super-fast.
- 1-year warranty
- 2 ports for memory cards
- Does not support some SD cards
4. Quantum Micro SD Card Reader
Possibly the smallest reader on our list, this device can only be used to read microSD cards. It has a USB connection for your computer and is compact for any amount of travelling. It also has a modern and unique look to it making it different from others.
- Interesting look
- Only reads microSD cards
5. Quantum Card Reader
Quantum is a great brand that supplies a variety of technology. This card reader is different from the previous one because it can read three different types of memory cards. It has a transfer rate of up to 480Mbps and is compatible with windows.
- Multi-card reader
- Compatible with windows
- The design blocks neighbouring ports on your computer
6. SanDisk ImageMate Pro Multi-Card Reader
Three different memory card ports and sleek design make this one of the best readers out there. SanDisk provides memory cards as well which this reader is most compatible with. The USB port makes it ideal for your laptop or computer.
- Multiple ports
- SanDisk warranty policy
- Slow data transfer
7. TEC TAVAKKAL All in One USB Hub
The most unique device on our list must be this one. It is not only a memory card reader, but it can be used to charge 3 devices. It has a USB connection to plug into your laptop which you can then use to read data from cards and to charge some devices.
- Multiple ports
- USB ports for charging
8. Sony High-Speed Memory Card Reader
Catering only to SD cards, this device works fast and is reliable. It has a USB connection making it the ideal device for reading data on your laptop or computer. It is compact and great for travelling because of its size.
- Compact and portable
- Fast transfer
- Only one memory card port
9. SeCro USB 3.1 SuperSpeed Multi-Function Card Reader
With a 1-year warranty, this great device is perfect for transferring data to computers and laptops. It only supports SD cards, but there are adapters available for microSD cards to fit in it as well. It is the size and shape of a USB stick making it easy to transport.
- Small and portable
- 1-year warranty
- Only supports SD cards
10. Zebronics Card Reader
Supporting only microSD cards, this device can transfer media to your laptop through the USB port. There are a few different colours to choose from and a 10-day replacement policy as well. You cannot choose the colour it comes in so that adds a little surprise.
- 10-day replacement policy
- Only supports microSD cards
You are sure to find a great memory card reader that works well for what you need. The options available to you will make it easier to make a choice. Make sure that you pay attention to the buyer’s guide when you are shopping online.
- What is a memory card reader used for?
You use these readers to assess the data you find on a memory card. It also helps you to move media from one device to another. There are many different models that you can buy depending on what you need.
- Which memory card reader is the best?
There is not one that is better than all other designs. The best reader is one that works well for you and fulfils all your needs, which differ for everyone.
- How do I get my PC to read my SD card?
You can do this using a memory card reader. By putting the SD card into the reader and connecting it to your laptop, you can read the data on the SD card.
- Can you use your phone as a card reader?
You can read different microSD cards on one phone, but if you want to read an SDHC card then you will need a memory card reader. Some designs allow you to plug them into your phone.