If you’ve ever been to a mechanic, one thing you can count on seeing there are toolboxes. And even if you’re a hobby mechanic or want to get a toolbox so you can do repairs yourself, you’ll know that having the right tools is important. For this reason, research is important. Especially if you’re starting out and want to get the right tools. There are many toolkits and sets as well as brands and types of tools. This can make deciding on what to get hard for any beginner.
So, to help you decide on the best tools for you, we’ve made this article to give you more details on tools mechanics normally use. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Power tillers, Garden Tillers, Socket Wrenches, Wrench Spanners, Ball Peen Hammers, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws, Pole saws, Gardening Tools, Gardening Scissors, Shovels, in India.
Top 10 Best Mechanic Tools in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Mechanic Tools
- The main and most important feature of any machine tool is that they are for doing repairs. Specifically, car and vehicle repairs and maintenance. This of course is very important as a mechanic wouldn’t be one if they weren’t able to fix and repair vehicles.
- Another feature you’ll find with these tools is that most are steel. Some companies do use other metals, however, steel is the most popular among many brands.
- Of course, companies use different types of steel, with the most common being chromo vanadium and chromium steel.
Types of Mechanic Tools
- While there are many different types of tools you can get as a mechanic, you can divide most tools into two categories – electric and mechanical.
- The first is much more popular among professionals. They’re built for convenience and to make tasks and repairs much easier to do. But while they are convenient to use, they are also much more expensive. The most common type of electrical tool would be a drill.
- The latter requires more manual labor when using them. This makes them harder to operate and complete repairs with. You’ll have to sometimes have to have some physical strength just to work with these types of tools.
Buyer’s Guide for Mechanic Tools
- If you ever decide to buy tools used by mechanics, it’s best to buy ones that you know you’re going to need. Car tools are the most common, however, you also get special tools for bikes, motorcycles, trucks, etc.
- Also, you need to understand that you’re going to have to buy multiple tools. Just getting a spanner or screwdriver isn’t going to work. When doing repairs, you’re going to need different types of tools. This is why toolkits are so popular.
- However, if you feel a toolkit is going to be too expensive, try to get a few tools so you can make a small toolkit. Alternatively, you can try getting a multitool, but those are more for doing emergency repairs.
- Lastly, when buying tools, you’ll notice that some tools and toolkits will be more expensive than others. This is because some tools and toolkits are for professional mechanics. You do also great some for both professional and amateur use, but most are one or the other.
How to Use Mechanic Tools?
- While there are many different tools available, they all have one important function and use. This helps you do repairs and fix things.
- Specifically, in helping you repair a vehicle.
- Most mechanics will have one or two toolkits (sometimes more if they’re professional) as different tools can do better jobs in helping them fix or repair something.
- Of course, when using a tool to fix something, it’s important to use it in the right way.
- These tools have a reason for being created and you should use them for that reason.
- Don’t use a tool to fix something when it’s not the proper tool to use.
- Not only will you not be able to fix or repair something properly, but also run the risk of causing further damage or even breaking the tool.
List of Top 10 Best Mechanic Tools in India-Buyers Guide
1. BOSCH GSB Mechanic Drill Kit
This kit comes with a plastic 550W, corded electric drill. The drill comes in blue color and all the other important equipment needed along with the drill.
- For professional and hobby/household use
- Dual mode functionality drilling
- 6-month warranty
- Is quite expensive since the brand is well known
- It’s a corded drill, meaning you’ll need a plug to get the drill to work
2. CRAFTMAN 320pcs Tool Set
This tool set comes with 320 different tool pieces. The tools all come in a case for convenience.
- The case had 3 drawers to split tools into sections
- Durable tools
- Case is sturdy
- This is more of a professional toolkit than one for home
- Case doesn’t have sections cut out for specific tools
3. STANLEY 35pcs Toolkit
This toolkit comes with 35 chromium steel tools. The tools are silver in color and come in a tool case.
- Quality materials used
- Meets ANSI and DIN standards
- Durable and sturdy tools
- Is a bit expensive
- Tools are more for DIY projects
4. AUTOMAZE Heavy Duty Tool Set
This tool set comes with carbon steel tools. The tools are all in a black tool case and there are 142 pieces.
- High-quality tools
- Oxidation resistant
- Lifetime Warranty
- Is quite an expensive tool set
- This tool set is more for professional mechanics than hobby mechanics
5. GROZ 42pcs Tool Set
This tool set has tools made of chrome vanadium steel. It comes in a tool case.
- Strong and durable sockets
- Great for professionals and DIY enthusiasts
- Made of high-quality materials
- Most sockets in this set
- Is expensive
6. SNE 94pcs Toolkit Set
This toolkit comes with ratchets, socket wrenches, and a screwdriver. The tools are all chrome vanadium steel and it comes with a tool box case.
- Case makes it easy to store and use the tools
- High-quality materials used to make these tools
- The case is a sturdy plastic
- The head style is just hex
- More for professional use than hobby use
7. SZONZ 46pcs Home Workshop Kit
This toolkit contains various tools, like spanners, sockets, and a screwdriver, to make a home workshop kit. It comes in a toolbox case in a variety of colors.
- Multipurpose toolkit
- The case is sturdy and easy to carry
- High-quality materials used
- Tools are small
- Is only for basic repairs
8. TOAVI Car Repair Toolkit Set
This toolkit comes with 46 tool pieces. The tools are all chrome vanadium steel alloy and they come in a red plastic case.
- The tools have rubber handles to make them more comfortable to work with
- Tools are durable
- Case makes it easier to store and carry tools
- Head style is open-end and hex
- The chrome vanadium is a covering on forged steel
9. CLOUDMART 46pcs Automobile Repair Toolkit
This toolkit comes with a range of tools. The tools are all metal and come in a plastic tool case.
- Easy to carry and store
- Has a full chrome plate on each tool
- Mostly for doing automobile repairs
- Is a bit expensive
10. MORPICH 46pcs Tool Set
This toolkit comes with alloy steel tools. The case is red in color.
- Easy to operate and use
- High-quality materials used
- More for DIY use
- Tools are mostly for doing car repairs
Overall, buying a toolkit is more than just getting the one with all the tools. It’s about finding the one that suits you and all your needs. That’s why it’s important to research and know which tools you want and will probably need in the future. As the saying goes, it’s better to have the right tool than all the fancy ones which won’t do the job.
1 – What tool does a mechanic use?
There is no single tool that a mechanic will use. However, there are a few common tools are all mechanics will use. They include screwdrivers, ratchets, wrenches, sockets, a jack, pliers, and different types of hammers and mallets. These are just to name a few.
2 – What are automobile tools?
These tools are specifically designed for cars/vehicles. They include different wrenches, like a socket wrench set, funnel, car battery tester, pliers etc.
3 – What is the price of Mechanical tools?
This depends on the tool. Some tools are more expensive than others as they need more parts / extra pieces. This means that you may have to buy them in a toolkit or set, which are generally more expensive than individual tools.