A mattress is an important part of the bedding. The mattress is a thick pad placed on top of the bed to give support to a person while sleeping or lying on the bed. It is usually filled with different types of materials such as cotton, spring material, foam, rubberized coir, etc. inside a knitted fabric. It is very important to choose the right mattress for sound sleep and avoid any back pain. Also, check the best single bed Mattress & double bed Mattresses in India.
Top 10 Best Mattress in India
Features of Mattress
The important features that should be taken into consideration for choosing the best mattress are as follows:
- The firmness of the mattress is very important to consider in a mattress. There is not a specific firmness defined to choose but the different types of filling give different firmness. It depends on the user how soft or how firm they want their mattress according to the preferred comfort.
- Different fillings of the mattress carry heat differently, so it is very important to choose the one which regulates temperature accordingly to avoid a sleepless night in hot weather.
- There are some mattresses with no edge support that cause you to slip off while you sit on the edge. Make sure you check it before getting a new mattress.
- Another important factor is the texture on the upper surface of the mattress that can be felt under the bedsheets. They have different patterns or seams which may or may not be uncomfortable and it is a secondary factor that is not always noticed.
Types of Mattresses
- There are various types of mattresses available in the market and choosing the right one that fits your purpose requires a lot of research.
- To name a few, there is an innerspring mattress with metal springs inside it, a memory foam mattress great for pressure relief, a hybrid mattress with foam and metal coils, an air mattress, a water mattress, gel mattress, latex mattress, adjustable mattress to adjust according to the purpose and so on.
- You can choose the one which fulfills your requirement to sleep well.
Buyer’s Guide for Mattress
- To buy the best mattress it is very important that you are aware of your needs.
- Always explore the available varieties and before finding the one that suits you the best for your sleep.
- Do not forget to look for the filling of the mattress as this plays a vital role in picking the best mattress.
- Then there are different sizes available, so, do not forget to measure your bed before buying the new mattress.
- Lastly, the longevity of the mattress so that it can stay with you for a long time.
How to Use Mattress?
- The correct way to use your sleep well mattress is to treat it well so that it can give you the same comfort as new for a long life span.
- Always keep your mattress properly supported and cover it with a mattress protector.
- Protect your mattress from any unwanted guest i.e., bed-bud as they can spoil your mattress.
- Regularly wash your bedsheets to avoid any dirt getting inside the mattress.
- Rotate the mattress every two to six months to avoid any depression at a specific place and encourage even wear of the mattress.
List of Top 10 Best Mattress in India Buyers Guide
1. Wakefit quality sleep memory foam mattress (75×72×6 inches, King size, white)
Wakefit quality orthopaedic mattress is one of the best options for pain relief.
- Wakefit Mattress gives you sound sleep.
- Breathable fabric.
- Protect the body from pain.
- They are heavy.
- It is expensive.
2. Sleepx double comfort mattress (78×73×5 inches, King size, orange)
If you want to enjoy both hard and soft mattresses in a single one, then you should opt for this dual surface mattress.
- Each side has a covering of premium quality quilted fabric.
- Sleepx mattresses give great support.
- It has advanced Neem Fresche technology for better sleep
- The softer side may get damaged faster.
- May cause body pain.
3. Duroflex LiveIn memory form and roll pack mattress (78×48×6 inches, double size, white and grey)
Duroflex memory form mattress is a good option for those who want good support with enough bounce.
- Duroflex mattress gives superior comfort.
- Highly resilient.
- Made up of anti-microbial fabric.
- Does not absorb heat.
- It does not give good support.
4. SleepyCat plus elegance orthopedic gel mattress (75×72×8 inches, King size, white)
Sleepycat mattress is a luxurious mattress with proper comfort.
- It has gel memory foam for plushness.
- It comes with a washable cover.
- High-density foam for durability.
- It has a chemical smell.
- The cooling effect is not long-lasting.
5. Flo Ergo average firm memory foam and gel mattress (78×60×6 inches, white)
This Flo Ergo mattress is specially designed for those who want softer ergonomic support.
- It has improved pressure relief capability.
- This is reversible.
- It comes with an aloe vera gel-infused cover.
- It may give back pain because of softness.
- Retains body heat.
6. Wakeup comfort sleep orthopaedic memory foam mattress (78×72×8 inches, King size, white)
This wakeup mattress is great for contouring the body in shape.
- Wakeup mattress gives temperature control.
- This mattress gives the perfect medium-firm experience.
- It is perfect for belly and back sleepers.
- The surface fabric is slippery.
- It has sinking nature because of the memory foam.
7. Centuary sleepables softness resting multi-layered pocket spring mattress (75×72×6 inches, King size, multicolour)
If you have a tossing and turning partner then this is the best mattress for you to get a sound sleep.
- Century Mattresses ensures no motion transfer.
- The enhanced air flow technology maintains the mattress hygiene.
- It has good edge support.
- The spring coils may wear out faster.
- They can be noisy.
8. Sleepwell cocoon adjustable 2-in-1 peaceful mattress (78×72×6 inches, light grey)
This is India’s first customizable mattress for partners with different choices.
- You get both gentle and firm sides on a single surface.
- Sleepwell Mattress is self-adjustable.
- It is triple tier mattress with unmatched support.
- It is not pocket friendly.
- It does not have a firm edge so avoid sitting on the edges.
9. Peps Springkoil Bonnell pain relief spring mattress (78×60×6 inches, Queen size, dark blue)
This is made up of interconnected Bonnell springs to give the right support to the body.
- It can be used from both sides and give the same comfort
- The upper layer with ruffled, woven fabric makes it thick and durable.
- It has border wire to keep the springs aligned and maintain the shape of the mattress.
- Placing it on an uneven surface me damage it.
- It requires regular exposure to air to maintain hygiene.
10. Kurl-on relish stress-free sleep innerspring mattress (72×60×6 inches, Queen size, multicolor)
This mattress is elegant looking provides sufficient support to maintain posture.
- Provides comfortable sleep to variable-weighted people.
- Thermal bond encased springs prevent rupturing of the mattress.
- It has a knitted tapestry that is both aesthetic and comfortable.
- It is not easier to turn or flip due to heavy weight.
- There is a possibility of dust mites due to the wool or foam layer.
The selection of the right and the best mattress is very vital for your physical as well as mental health. A good supportive mattress lets you sleep well which helps in releasing your tension and helps in joint relief. So, choose the right one for yourself that gives you adequate sleep to live a healthy and stress-free life.
What is the most comfortable mattress in the market?
The most comfortable and best mattress is the one that provides great support, prevents body pain and also gives you plenty of comfortable sleep.
Which type of mattress is best?
There are two types of mattresses that are good for you and maintain your health. The one is orthopaedic that is widely considered best and also recommended by doctors because they provide pressure relief and motion isolation. Another one is Coir based mattresses as they are made up of the outer fibre of coconut. Their organic nature makes them perfect for those who are allergic to other mattress materials.
What is the price of the mattress?
The price can range from the lowest of Rs.5999 to the highest of Rs.49999 depending on the quality of the mattress.