The best brand & the best features of the maternity pad you want to use that will keep you comfortable throughout your postpartum bleeding. Giving birth can be one of the greatest experiences in a woman’s life.
It is something very special that will be remembered forever. Although having a baby is great, it also comes with a lot of struggles and pain during and after childbirth.
After giving birth, women experience heavy bleeding during the postpartum period. Ordinary sanitary pads would not do the job because there will be heavy bleeding in the following weeks after giving birth. Also, check the buyers guide for Best Maternity Pillows in India.
Therefore, women opt for maternity pads which are more efficient and will do the job of keeping new mothers sanitized and feeling comfortable well. These pads are usually only used during the first week after giving birth and for the following weeks, the mother won’t require that much support.
Top 10 Best Maternity Pads in India
Buyers Guide – Maternity Pads
You might be wondering why choosing the right kind of pads is so important? The answer is, it is all about comfort and hygiene especially at a time when you will be particularly vulnerable.
- If after giving birth you won’t have to move much, maternity pads without wings are a good option because they already secure as is.
- But if you think you will be moving often and are scared you might stain your clothes or furniture, the ones with wings are the better option for your comfort and security.
- Also using reusable pads is a great way to lessen your carbon footprint, but the drawback is you will need to wash them often and change them regularly.
- It all depends on what you are most comfortable with.
- There is no right or wrong answer, only what you think is best for you.
- Doing your research before purchasing will greatly help with your decision making.
- So and you will avoid spending unnecessarily if you are not that sure about what to get.
Features of Maternity Pads
Maternity pads are longer, thicker and more absorbent compared to ordinary pads. They hold more liquid or substance and will not irritate the user.
- Buying the right maternity pad could be confusing because there are a variety of maternity pads available in the market today.
- They all are made of different materials and some have other special features to offer their consumers.
- Most pads have aloe vera that soothes skin irritations
- And helps in moisturizing the area making wearing them more comfortable when the bleeding is heavy.
- Other pads have wings, which are flaps that you could stick onto your underwear for more secure use.
Types of Maternity Pads
There are two types:
Cotton Maternity Pads
- These pads are disposable and good for only one use.
- Also, these pads are again divided into two types: one without wings and one with wings.
- The wings are more secure because the wings attach the pad to the panty securely
- And will not move, especially if you have an active lifestyle.
- These are made of reusable cloth.
- If you are conscious about your waste and the products you use
- And want to opt for a more environmentally-friendly pad, then these pads are perfect for you.
How do Maternity Pads work?
You need to have maternity pads as soon as you are done with delivery. Bleeding will last up to 4 weeks but the heaviest bleeding will occur the first week after giving birth.
These are used just like sanitary pads but they are typically bigger and can hold a lot more liquid than regular pads.
Here is how maternity pads work:
- First of all, you should buy your desired maternity pads.
- A pack usually contain 8-10 pieces.
- Make sure you bring this with you when you are about to give birth.
- Just like any sanitary pads, open your maternity pad and use it just how you use any other sanitary pads.
- Change the pad every 2-3 hours, even when it is not fully used.
- This is for sanitary purposes because you could get an infection if you do not regularly change your pads.
List of Top 10 Best Maternity Pads in India
1. Newmom Disposable Maternity Pads
Newmom pads are made of soft cotton that gives new mothers comfort even during postpartum bleeding.
- Super absorbent
- Holds up to 450 ml of liquid
- Great for sensitive skin
- Because it could hold high volumes of liquid, it could be uncomfortable in the long run
- Could get bulky when it absorbs a lot of blood
- Some might be uncomfortable with the size
2. Dynamic New Mom Maternity Pads
This maternity pad is exceptionally comfortable due to the softness of the materials used to make the pads. It can hold up to 850 ml of liquid so you can use them for longer periods.
- This pad comes in a pack of 20 pcs
- Highly absorbent so you needn’t worry about leakage
- Can be uncomfortable after using for a few hours, especially if you are experiencing heavy bleeding
- It could get bulky, so even if it absorbs a lot of liquid it is still advisable to change every few hours
3. Abena Premium Maternity Pad, Super Absorption
This pad design is intended for mothers to not experience any leakage and have the peace of mind they need.
- This is highly absorbent without being uncomfortable
- It has inlet channels that act as barriers to ensure that there is no leakage while using the pads
- Great for sensitive skin
- Because of the high demand for this product, it is mostly out of stock
4. Newmom Disposable Disposable Pad Fixator
This pad fixator is ideal for new mothers who are uncomfortable wearing maternity pads and need extra support for the pad’s security.
- The materials used for the fixator are high quality and comfortable
- It is breathable even when you have a lot of layers to wear
- This is stretchable and will not leave any marks on your body
- It is a bit pricey and is not a necessity for most moms
5. Maternity Pad, 10 Pads by Natracare
The manufacturer uses organic cotton for the pads so it is more environmentally friendly.
- This is comfortable to wear because of the cotton used in the pads
- It does not have a plastic film so it is biodegradable and will not add damage to the environment
- It does not hold its shape like other brands – it folds and moves around and could lead to leakage
- This is quite expensive compared to other
6. Profiklen Maternity Pad
The design of the pad is shaped perfectly to fit any woman going through postpartum bleeding.
- This pad has antibacterial properties
- It is comfortable to wear for long hours
- It is highly expensive for one pack
7. COVIDIEN Curity Maternity Pad Bag
These pads are designed to give the highest level of comfort and absorption to any new mom looking for a maternity pad.
- This is super-soft and very comfortable to wear
- It has a moisture barrier that prevents skin irritation
- Relatively expensive for a disposable product
8. Dignity Mom Maternity Pads
These pads are made with a super absorbent polymer that leaves you feeling dry even after long periods of using them.
- The pads convert the liquid into gel to avoid any leakage
- It can eliminate odour and leave you comfortable throughout the day
- They are thick and can be bulky
9. Pee Safe Disposable Maternity Bladder Control Incontinence Pad
Compared to regular sanitary pads, Pee Safe pads last longer and holds more liquid to ensure there are no leakages during postpartum bleeding.
- These are very absorbent
- They are longer compared to other pads
- These pads are very thick and can be uncomfortable especially for moms who have stitches
- The more it absorbs the bulkier it gets
10. Sirona Natural Biodegradable Ultra Soft Maternity Pads Super Pads
These single-use pads are especially great because they are environment friendly.
- This pad is breathable and soft
- Also, this is great for sensitive skin
- It absorbs moisture quickly to prevent skin irritation
- The glue does not hold it down properly and is uncomfortable to wear
- It is quite long and some may find that irritating
Planning ahead will give you a lot of time to decide on what maternity pad to get. You have nine months to think about the best brand and the best features of the maternity pad you want to use that will keep you comfortable throughout your postpartum bleeding.
What are maternity pads?
Maternity pads are bigger and highly absorbent sanitary pads usually used by mothers after giving birth.
They are different from sanitary pads and their main purpose is to give comfort and security to new moms experiencing postpartum bleeding.
Why use maternity pads?
Maternity pads are different from sanitary pads. Postpartum bleeding is heavier and longer and will require a stronger pad that could hold high volumes of liquid without leakage and is yet comfortable to wear.
What are the types of maternity pads?
There are two main types: disposable and reusable maternity pads.
Is it good to use maternity pads?
It is best to use maternity pads because they will perform better than ordinary sanitary pads. Remember that postpartum bleeding is different from your regular monthly periods.
So you will need a different kind of pad to help you with postpartum bleeding.