Makita is one of the most respected power tools brands. The power tools in question are mostly those that run on electric motors. Anyone who has tried working with a manual (as opposed to power) tool knows how tiring it can be. Power tools help in conserving energy. They make otherwise tiresome tasks to be very easy. They also hasten tasks that would be otherwise very time-consuming.
Take, For instance, a task that would have required 7 hours manually. The same can get completed within an hour using a power tool. Power tools – including those from Makita — may cost slightly more than manual tools. But they help you save a great deal of energy and time. Therefore the slight extra expenditure on power tools is almost always worthwhile.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws & Pole saws.
Top 11 Best Makita Power Tools in India
Features of Makita Power Tools
- One of the most important features of almost all Makita power tools is energy efficiency.
- So you find that these are tools that don’t require a lot of electrical power to perform various tasks.
- Another important feature in most Makita power tools is lightweight.
- This means that one doesn’t tire too much while holding the tools as they perform various tasks.
- Yet another important feature in Makita power tools is mobility.
- Most of them come with designs that make them easily movable from one location to another as you work.
- Many of the Makita power tools are designed in such a manner that repairing them is quite easy.
- They are not the sorts of tools that have to be discarded when they experience technical difficulties.
- They are quite easy to repair, in most cases.
Types of Makita Power Tools
- Makita power tools differ in function.
- There are, for instance, Makita drilling power tools.
- Then there are Makita hammering power tools.
- Further on, there are Makita screw-driving power tools.
- And we also have some designed for cutting and demolition functions.
- Makita power tools also differ in terms of how they are powered.
- There are those that only take power through mains electricity sockets.
- That is corded electricity.
- Then there are those (few) that are capable of taking power through batteries.
- Another way in which Makita power tools differ is in terms of mobility.
- There are those that are capable of being constantly moved from place to place.
- But there are also a few that can only operate from a fixed location.
Buyer’s guide for Makita Power Tools
- The most important thing is to ensure that what you ultimately buy is a truly genuine Makita power tool.
- There may be some unscrupulous people who sell counterfeit Makita power tools.
- So genuineness becomes an important consideration.
- It is highly unlikely that a counterfeit tool would be proper for any application.
- Another important consideration is appropriateness.
- So the Makita power tool you buy needs to be appropriate for the task you have at hand.
- In most cases, you don’t have to force/improvise a Makita power tool for a purpose it wasn’t designed for.
- After all, Makita has power tools for almost all imaginable applications.
- All you need to do is identify the most ideal Makita power tool for the task at hand.
- Then acquire it. It is important to ensure that the Makita power tool you buy is not overpriced.
- So try to get value for your money.
- It helps if the Makita power tool you buy has a good warranty attached to it.
- You have the choice between buying a Makita power tool online or at a traditional tools store.
- Online prices for Makita power tools tend to be lower.
- But traditional stores also have a small advantage: that you get to actually inspect and test the tool before buying.
How to use Makita Power Tools?
- Many of the Makita power tools serve to ease various construction, joinery, and home maintenance tasks.
- Most of these tools have power cords through which they connect to mains electricity lines.
- So you first connect the tool to an electricity socket.
- Then you switch it on. Upon doing so, an electric motor in the machine starts to run.
- The electric motor in turn causes the tools’ moving parts to start running. It is those moving parts – or cogs that connect to them — which ultimately perform the task at hand.
- The task at hand may be drilling or cutting.
- It may be demolishing or smoothing…
- Whatever it is, you only have to get the electric motor running, in order to complete it.
- There are a few Makita power tools that can run even without connecting directly to mains electricity sockets.
- These are the Makita power tools with batteries.
- The batteries store electricity power, which is then used to run the motors in those tools.
- The motors in turn activate the tools’ moving parts, thus getting the tools to perform the various tasks.
List of Top 11 Best Makita Power Tools in India-Buyers Guide
1. Makita M0801BX2 16mm Heavy Duty Hammer Drill Machine
Makita Drill machine comes with reverse and forward modes. It is suitable for both (light duty and medium duty) drilling as well as screw driving functions.
- Allows for variable working speeds
- Not too heavy (thus operator-friendly)
- Drill Machine Comes with a good 6-month warranty
- Only works with corded electric source
- May struggle with very hard concrete drilling tasks
2. Makita M9513B 850W Angle Grinder, 100mm
Makita Grinder machine comes with good safety features to prevent injury. It is also user-friendly, as it is ergonomically designed.
- Matika Angle Grinder is a Very powerful tool
- Reasonably priced for its quality
- Versatile (works well for light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty applications)
- The instruction manual may sound too technical
- The warranty has quite a few limitations
3. Makita Drill Machine (Blue, 10 mm)
Makita Drill Machine is one of the most affordable Makita power tools. Its low weight also makes it very user-friendly.
- Very nice pricing
- Packaging inspires confidence
- Doesn’t require too much training to start using
- Limited to light-duty and medium-duty drilling applications
- Switches seem to be somewhat delicate
4. Makita 18V Li-ion Cordless 13 mm (1/2″) Driver Drill DF457DWE (G Series)
Makita cordless driver drill is one of those unique, battery-powered power tools. Though somewhat pricey, it has enough features to justify what you pay for it.
- Comes with a long (full year) warranty
- Battery-powered (for mobility)
- Elegantly and efficiently designed
- Somewhat costly
- Full battery charging may require more than an hour
5. Makita TD0101 Impact Driver
Here are another one of those very easy-to-handle Makita power tools. More critically, it eases drilling tasks – as it does away with the need to come up with ‘pilot holes’.
- Quite a power-efficient
- Easy to repair
- Relatively lightweight
- Packaging is too plain for some buyers
- Quite a bit of vibration at some points
6. Makita M1902B Plastic Power Planer 82mm (Blue and Black, Set of 1)
Makita Power Planer is one of those planers that come with resharpenable blades. It is also quite reasonably priced, given its relatively high quality.
- Comes with a hex wrench (which you would otherwise have had to buy separately)
- The blades are multiple-use (resharpenable)
- Easy to assemble and start using
- Some may consider it too weighty
- Consumes quite a bit of power (as one would expect of a plane)
7. Makita 9237C Car Polisher 7 inch 1200W 3200 RPM (Blue and Black, 1 Piece)
Here is one of the most powerful tools from Makita. It allows the user a great deal of control over car polishing and sanding applications.
- Professional design
- Quite energy-efficient
- Easy to move around (at around 3.4 kg)
- Slightly expensive for some buyers
- A few may find it to be a bit noisy
8. Makita 5 inch Straight Grinder GS5000
MakitaGrinder is one of those grinders whose wheels are very easy to change. It is also quite durable, given that its body protects it from accumulating debris.
- Easy to service
- User-friendly, given the rubberized handle
- Very energy efficient (lower electricity bills on its account)
- Limited to straight grinding only
- Quite hefty (at 5.2 kg)
9. Makita TL065DWYE Cordless Angle Impact Wrench 3/8 12V
Makita Angle Impact Wrench is a powerful machine, capable of even 2,000 impacts per minute. It is also relatively quiet for its operational capacity.
- Reasonable lightweight (at about 1.6 kg)
- Efficient operation (given its design)
- Comes with a belt clip
- Requires a bit of upfront investment
- Assembling and starting to use it requires some skill
10. Makita Plastic AT1216AZ Stapler 6-16mm 21 Ga (Silver and Black)
Makita Plastic stapler is a powerful and versatile staple gun. It is elegantly designed and user-friendly.
- Quite affordable
- Sturdy design for durability
- Lightweight (at only 1 kg)
- Only 6-month warranty
- Serves only a single function (of applying staples)
11. Digital Craft 5KG DEMOLITION HI FLEX HAMMER MACHINE
A digital craft is a tool designed to make demolition tasks less energy and time-consuming. It is very cost-effective and quite easy to use.
- Versatile for many demolition applications
- Consumes electricity efficiently
- Easy to connect and start using
- Quite heavy (at 5 kg)
- Can only be operated using mains corded electricity
Makita power tools are among the best for functions like cutting, drilling, screw-driving, planning, polishing, and demolishing. With the information in this guide, shopping for appropriate Makita power tools should be much easier.
What is the best Makita power tool?
The best Makita power tools are those that use little electricity and are not tiresome to operate. They are also those that are best suited for the various functions without having to resort to improvisation. Further, the best Makita tools are those that are genuine (not counterfeits) and easy to repair.
What is the price range of the Makita power tool?
The price range of the Makita power tool is broad. There is some Makita power tool going for as little as 2,000 Indian rupees. On the other end, there is a Makita power tool going for as much as 17,000 or even 18,000 Indian rupees. The price depends on the respective tools’ complexity. It is also determined by the functions meant to be served by the various power tools.