Luminous batteries are mostly meant for use in inverters. They help in keeping the inverters (which turn DC power into AC power) working correctly. People use these batteries in homes, offices, and other business places. They come in handy in solar power systems. In such a system, a need to store power and turn it from DC to AC often arises. So the Luminous battery stores the power. Further, it keeps the inverter (which turns the DC into AC) working. Another common use of the Luminous battery is in power backup systems. Thus you may find it as part of a UPS. If you are in a place where power outages happen often, a Luminous battery may help you in many ways. Note that in this context, Luminous is a brand. Thus the ‘Luminous battery’ comes from this brand line.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Nippo batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, Solar inverters, UPS for PCs, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best Luminous Batteries in India
Features of Luminous Battery
- Luminous batteries are liked because of their balanced plate design. This helps with things like better charging and discharge, as well as recovery.
- Another feature that makes a Luminous battery ideal is its typically tight sealing (and anti-spill gel). This means that they are not prone to spills, which can be very nasty in some other types of batteries.
- Yet another feature that makes the Luminous battery ideal is its general reliability. These batteries tend to have decent power holding, and quite long working lives.
- It helps too that Luminous batteries are typically not very prone to corrosion. Moreover, the batteries come with many major safety features.
- Since the Luminous batteries are often quite heavy, some of them come with trolleys as additional features. These help in moving them from place to place with ease.
Types of Luminous Batteries
- There are 150 Ah Luminous batteries. Then some come with 220 Ah capacity. You may also find some with 135 Ah and 100 Ah capacities.
- There are Luminous batteries that are ideal for use in general-purpose UPS inverters. Then some are ideal for use in solar power systems.
- There are Luminous batteries that come with trolleys. Then some come with no trolleys.
- We have Luminous batteries that are ideal for use in domestic settings. Then we have those that are most ideal for use in commercial or industrial settings.
Buying Guide for Luminous Battery
- You first need to consider how much power (in terms of ampere-hours (Ah)) you need. Then go for a Luminous battery that offers that much capacity. Do skimp in this regard. For instance, you may be best served by a 220 Ah battery, yet you buy a 150 Ah one. Then there may be challenges. It is thus best to go for one that gives as much current as you need, without skimping.
- If you are buying the Luminous battery for use in an inverter or solar power system, ensure proper compatibility. Check through the inverter’s user manual, to see what sort of battery best works with it. Then ensure that the one you end up buying fully aligns with that.
- Look at the Luminous battery price keenly. If possible, compare what various vendors are asking for. Then select the one with the best Luminous battery price. But don’t just go for the lowest cost. Rather, go for the best value for money.
- Check the warranty for the Luminous battery you wish to buy keenly too. Have clarity on how long it runs and what exactly it covers.
How To Use Luminous Battery?
- You may use the Luminous battery as part of a general-purpose power backup (UPS) inverter. Or you may use it as part of a solar power system’s inverter.
- Usually, the Luminous battery will come with connectors, which you use to attach to the inverter. What you need to know is which connector goes where. Take care to create firm connections which won’t come off and cause disruptions.
- Put the battery and the inverter in pow power a place where there are no major disturbances.
- If you are using a lead acid battery, remember to be checking its water level quite often. And if you find the water level low, remember to be adding it. For that purpose, see to it that you only use battery water. Not ordinary water.
List of Top 10 Best Luminous Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Luminous Zelio 1100 Tubular Battery
What you get here is a 150 Ah battery. It comes complete with a trolley.
- This is a sturdy battery, which may quite easily serve you for a very long
- Easy to move about, thanks to the trolley
- The battery gives quite a reliable current
- Fitting this type of battery may require some level of skill
- The price may look a little high to some buyers
2. Luminous Solar Tall Tubular Battery
Offers 150 Ah current. Comes with a 60 warranty.
- Quite easy to set up
- This solar battery has a good safety profile
- The price for the battery is quite good given its quality
- This battery requires water topping (since it is a lead acid battery)
- It may not fit onto some types of inverters
3. Luminous RC 16000 Battery
This is a unique 135 Ah battery. Ideal for a small home or business use.
- This batter has the potential to last longer if well cared for
- The price is not too high
- It has good sealing and hence doesn’t easily leak
- Some may find its 135 Ah power too little
- The water level indicator could be better
4. Luminous InverGel IGSTJ 18000 Battery
Offers 150 Ah current. Can give backup for as many as 3 hours.
- It has a gel to prevent spillage
- Easy to set up and easy to maintain
- Has in place a mechanism to prevent bad emissions while in use
- Repair this sort of battery can be a huge challenge (should the need for it come up)
- Connecting the battery may require some time
5. Luminous Inverlast Battery for Home or Office
What you get here is a tall tubular battery. It gives 220 Ah power.
- It is suitable for use on a wide range of systems
- Quite easy to fit
- Comes with 60 month’s warranty
- Some may find this battery unduly heavy
- The connectors for the battery are a bit delicate
6. Luminous ExtraCharge Tubular Battery
This is a reliable 150 Ah battery. It promises extra-long backup time.
- Luminous Batteries tends to charge very nicely
- Has a 1250+ cycles lifespan
- The battery is not very prone to corrosion
- Moving from place to place can be tricky (thanks to its huge weight)
- Requires water top-ups quite often
7. Luminous 150Ah Solar Battery
What you get here is a tall tubular battery. Ideal for use in solar power system inverters.
- Luminous Batteries have long cycles (up to 1,500)
- This is a low-maintenance battery
- It has good AH and WH efficiency ratings
- It May be quite tricky to fit at first
- The battery may produce some modest fumes
8. Luminous Sc12054 Battery
The power rating here is 110 Ah. It comes with 54 month warranty.
- This is a sturdy long-lasting battery
- Works with a wide range of power systems
- The price is not too high
- Requires professional fitting
- Some may find the 110 Ah power rating too little
9. Luminous Inverlast 100 Ah (Tubular) Battery
This is a lead-acid battery. Ideal for use both in homes and offices.
- It has decent safety features
- Does not take too much effort to maintain
- Can fit well onto many power systems
- Power rating is only 100 Ah
- The electrolyte may lose its potency with time
10. LUMINOUS Inverlast Jumbo Battery
Ideal for use in many types of inverter systems. It gives 150 Ah current.
- It has some corrosion resistance
- Comes with a long (48 months) warranty
- Usually has a long service life
- It is quite heavy, at 80 kgs
- It May does not work well if you miss water toppings
A good Luminous battery can help you with reliable power backup and inverter operation at all times. This guide has the info you need to make a decent choice while shopping for the best Luminous battery.
Which is the best Luminous battery?
One that fits well onto a given power backup system, has good capacity and works stably.
What is the price of a Luminous battery?
Luminous battery price mostly ranges from 13,000 to 21,000 Indian rupees.
How long Luminous battery works?
It may usually work for 7 to 10 years, with proper care.