During winter many fashion trends come out with long socks. Not only do they look good worn in different ways but they’re practical too. Especially during the winter times. Many sports also use them as they cover skin guards and make the uniform look good too.
So, if you want to wear them but don’t know where to start, it’s best to start here. There are different styles, types, and ways to wear long socks. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Stockings for winter, Christmas socks, Military shoes, Converse Shoes, wildcraft shoes, Quechua Shoes, Loafer Shoes, High Ankle shoes, Crocs sandals for Women, white sneakers for Women, Bata shoes for women, Sparx running shoes, running shoes, Adidas running shoes, Under Armour Shoes, Sega running shoes, Puma Running Shoes, Nike shoes, Lotto shoes for men, Lee Cooper shoes, Bata shoes, Metro Shoes, Lotto Shoes, Stockings for Winter, winter shoes, Boots for Men, HRX Shoes, Mochi Shoes, Skate Shoes, Bata slippers, slippers for girls, Nike slippers, Ladies chappals, Military shoes, Metro Shoes, & Mochi Shoes, etc.
Top 10 Best Long Socks for Women in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Long Socks for Women
The most important feature of any long sock is its height.
- Unlike other socks, these go quite high, with them being around your knee.
- One type does go slightly over your knee while the other is just below the knee.
- Another common feature of long socks is their warmth.
- Many use these socks during winter and so many lands up being thick and warm.
- They’re used by many as extra insulation for their winter boots and are worn under pants to keep the legs warm.
Types of Long Socks for Women
There are two main types of long socks – above the knee and just under the knee.
- The first comes over your knee, sometimes going four fingers above the knee.
- These socks are also the ones that many use as an alternative to wearing stockings when they wear a skirt or dress.
- As for the latter, it comes up slightly below your knee, two to four fingers below.
- They’re mostly used by athletes playing sports as it helps to easily cover their skin guards.
- Some girls’ school uniforms also allow them for girls who wear skirts for winter/summer and don’t want to wear stockings.
Buyer’s Guide for Long Socks for Women
- When buying a pair of long socks, it’s best to decide what you want them for.
- If it’s to wear for causal events, then going for over-the-knee long socks is best.
- Especially if you plan to wear a lot of dresses and skirts.
- If sports are the direction you’re going, getting below the knee-long socks is best.
- Try to also get them in your team’s color, if you play a team sport.
- If you’re just going to use them for the gym, try getting socks that match your gym pants.
How to Use Long Socks?
There are many ways to wear long socks fashionably.
- The first is to wear them with your skirts and dresses.
- It’s best to choose mid-thigh / above-the-knee dresses and skirts when you wear these socks.
- It’s also important to choose the right shoes to go with the outfit.
- Boots and boots with heels are best but you can also wear sneakers to give a more casual look.
- Another way to wear them is when you’re doing sports.
- You can either put them under or over your pants.
- They’re also great for when you’re playing a sport like hockey and a basketball as it covers your skin guards.
- There are many other ways to wear long socks, but the two ways above are the common ways you can wear them.
List of Top 10 Best Long Socks for Women in India-Buyers Guide
1. CHALIER Women’s Long Socks
These long socks come in 3 pairs. The colors range from grey to black, with three stripes across the top of the sock.
- Also, Wash in the washing machine
- Material is stretchable and comfortable to wear
- Sweat absorbing material
- Cannot be tumble dried
- Doesn’t have a specific size
2. TOCONFFON Over the Knee Socks
These women’s socks come in 2 different pairs. One is white and the other black, both solid colors with no patterns on the sock.
- The material is breathable and sweat absorbing
- Uses high-quality cotton
- They stay up easily
- Size may not fit everyone
- May only just come over your knee and go over some of your thighs
3. XS AND OS Women’s Knee Socks
These socks come with one pair. They’re black with three white stripes at the top.
- Made of cotton and spandex, so that they stretch
- Highly elastic and durable
- Material is breathable
- Are a bit pricy
- Must hand wash these socks
4. BONJOUR Women’s Knee Socks
These black socks are over-the-knee long socks. The color is solid with no patterns.
- Uses high-quality materials
- Is comfortable to wear
- Material is lightweight
- Not completely made of cotton
- May not stay up completely
5. HEELIUM BAMBOO Sports Socks
These below-the-knee socks are for people who play sports. They are for both men and women and come in five different colors – blue, black, grey, red, and white.
- Grips the skin guard and helps in holding it in place
- Anti-odour and anti-slip
- Blister protection
- Only for people with a shoe size of 7 to 11 (UK size)
- Doesn’t give cleaning specifications
6. DADDY G Women’s Knee-High Socks
These socks come in one pair and are over-the-knee socks. They come in three different colors – black, white and cream.
- Great for school uniforms
- Stretches and is durable
- Stays up well
- Not made from cotton
- Has specific cleaning instructions and you have to wash it by hand
7. SKUDGEAR Compression Socks
These unisex socks come in three pairs. They’re skin color and have no patterns on them.
- Material stretches to make wearing the sock more comfortable
- Fabric is breathable
- Helps to promote blood circulation
- Only comes in L and XL sizes
- Is more expensive compared to other long socks
8. RC. ROYAL CLASS Women’s Knee-High Socks
Below the knee socks come in four different pairs. They’re multicolored and come in different patterns and styles.
- Best for cosplay and stage shows
- Uses high-quality materials
- Material is lightweight and durable
- You need to hand wash them
- Designed more for younger people, around 16-25
9. SUPERSOX Women’s Knee Socks
These socks come in a pack of three. Each pair is a different color with the three colors being black, white, and skin color.
- Sweat-absorbing material used
- Is elastic and stretches without the socks being damaged
- Great for indoor and outdoor activities
- It will only fit women with shoe sizes between 5 and 9 (UK size)
- Has no washing specifications mentioned, whether you can machine wash it or not
10 – SIO Women’s Long Socks
These socks are over-the-knee socks and come in a pack of three. They’re white in color and have no patterns on them.
- Stay up quite well
- Fits well around your foot and leg
- Uses high-quality materials
- Is the free size and may not be your size
- Doesn’t give any cleaning specifications
Overall, long socks are a great item to have in your wardrobe. You can add it with many different fashion styles or even as extra insulation for those cold days. They’re great for all seasons, whether it is summer or winter.
They’re also great for athletes too. The socks not only look stylish with their uniform but cover their skin guards. Also, keeping them in place is super important.
1 – What are women’s long socks called?
They are normally known as knee-high or knee-length socks, depending on the brand. This is because they reach and sometimes go over your knee.
2 – How do you wear long socks fashionably?
One way is to wear them under your boots, as extra insulation from the harsh winter. They also work best with dresses and skirts. If you plan to wear a skirt or dress, mid-thigh to above-the-knee skirts and dresses are best.
It’s also best to match the color and pattern of the socks with your dress or skirt. As for what shoes to wear with me, boots, sneakers, and heels work great.
3 – What is the price of the long socks for women?
The price depends on a few factors. The brand, style, and color of the socks can change their price. Some socks also come in a pack of 3 or 4 typically.