Lego blocks are ideal for developing children’s creativity. Through the use of the Lego sets, you can also develop the kid’s problem-solving skills. That is because while trying to build various things using the blocks, they are bound to often encounter challenges. In resolving those challenges, the kids get a chance to develop problem-solving and creativity skills. Of course, on top of all those things, the Lego sets also provide great entertainment for kids. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Dancing Robots, Teddy Bear, Kitchen set for Kids, Doctor Sets in India.
List of Top 10 Best Lego Blocks in India
Features of Lego Blocks
- One of the most attractive features of the Lego blocks is their versatility.
- They can be used to build a wide variety of things.
- This means that kids don’t get bored with them easily.
- Another attractive feature of the Lego blocks is their great aesthetic appeal.
- On account of this, kids are likely to love them greatly.
- That is important because whenever you are buying kids something, you always worry whether the kids will actually love it.
- Yet another attractive feature of the Lego blocks is the detailed instruction manuals they come with.
- This means that even people who don’t have much experience with Lego games can use them with ease.
Types of Lego Blocks
- There are Lego blocks that come with holes for wheels.
- Then we have the actual wheel blocks.
- There are blocks that come in the form of plates.
- Then we have others that come in the form of cylinders.
- There are lettered Lego blocks.
- Then there are those that are beveled.
How to use Lego Blocks?
- The first step upon getting your Lego blocks is to open the packaging.
- Then go through the manual instructions, to understand what you can build using the blocks.
- Make a decision on the specific character, building, or vehicle you wish to create using the blocks.
- Then select the blocks necessary to create that particular model.
- Thereafter, put the blocks together, to get the character, building, or vehicle you desire.
- Remember, in doing this, you will be solving a puzzle.
- Therefore expect to encounter (and find ways of overcoming) challenges in the process.
Buying guide for Lego Blocks
- There are 3 key issues you need to consider before buying Lego blocks.
- Firstly, you need to consider whether or not they are authentic Lego blocks.
- Secondly, you need to consider whether they are appropriate for the age of the child.
- That is, for the age of the child you are buying them for.
- Thirdly, you need to consider how many/which types of models you can create using the blocks.
List of Top 10 Best Lego Blocks in India-Buyers Guide
1. LEGO 10696 (Classic) Medium Creative Brick Box
The pack has 484 pieces. Ideal for kids, teens, and adults.
- Very colorful and aesthetically appealing
- The instructions manual is well detailed
- The storage box is of high quality
- Some may find the price to be slightly high
- Several of the pieces have somewhat sharp edges (requiring careful handling)
2. LEGO 10715 Classic Bricks
These come on a roll construction set. The pack has 422 pieces.
- Allows for multiple levels of complexity
- Comes with age-appropriate usage instructions (for various kids’ ages)
- The blocks are colorful and attractive to kids
- Some of the pieces are quite small and hence easy to lose
- Kids may initially find some of the puzzles too challenging to resolve
3. LEGO Disney Pixar’s Toy Story & RC 10766 Building Kit
What you get here is a 69 piece set. Ideal for use by kids from 4 years upwards.
- This is one of the more affordable Lego sets
- Offers great mental stimulation
- Ideal for helping kids develop confidence in their abilities
- There is a limit to the number of things you can build using this (16-piece) set
- Younger kids may require close supervision while using the blocks
4. LEGO 10913 DUPLO (Classic) Brick Box Building Set
Suitable for use even by toddlers (of 1.5+ years of age). The material used in making the blocks is plastic.
- Comes with easy building ideas (suitable even for 18-month toddlers)
- Includes 1-2-3 number learning bricks
- Includes captivating colors and shapes
- This 16-piece set can only construct a few things
- Older kids may find this set un-stimulating
5. LEGO Classic Basic Building Blocks for Kids 11002
What you get here are 300 blocks/pieces. Ideal for creating the classic Lego models for which the brand is popular.
- Allows for open-ended play
- Comes with three levels of complexity to choose from
- Bright and colorful (hence very attractive to kids)
- Some may find the price somewhat high
- Some of the parts are rather too small (hence easy to lose)
6. LEGO 31111 Creator (3 in 1) Cyber Drone Building Set
Ideal for six-year-old kids. The material from which the blocks are made in plastic.
- It features three models in one
- Very mentally stimulating
- Includes rotating adjusters and poseable elevators
- It may take a while for kids to learn how to use the block set properly
- Some may find the end product’s size slightly underwhelming
7. LEGO 11007 (Classic) Creative Green Bricks
This is actually a learning starter set. Ideal for kids who are 4 years and above.
- The blocks are toddler friendly
- The packaging box is of good quality
- Price is on the lower side
- Color is mainly only green
- There is a limit to what you can build using this set
8. LEGO 11009 (Classic) Bricks and Lights Shadow Puppet Theater Set
Ideal for kids of five years and above age. Suitable for use in building some 12 distinct toys.
- The bricks connect and pull apart with ease
- Exciting toys can be built with these blocks
- Also ideal for puppet theater storytelling
- The price may be beyond the reach of some
- The lights may require a bit of careful handling
9. LEGO 10692 Classic Creative Bricks
This set has 221 pieces. Comes with a high-quality storage box.
- It is colorful (with 29 different colors)
- Using this set, you can build many models
- The pieces are not easily broken
- Some of the pieces are very tiny (and hence quite easily lost)
- The kids may find some of the models too challenging to build initially
10. LEGO 10713 Classic Creative Building Bricks for Kids with Suitcase
What you get here is a total of 213 puzzle pieces. Ideal for kids four years old and above.
- The pieces are colorful, hence very appealing to kids
- Portable ‘suitcase’ packaging
- Numerous things can be built using this set
- Some may find the price slightly higher
- The younger kids may require close supervision while handling these blocks
Through the use of Lego blocks, you can stimulate your kids’ creativity while also giving them fun and entertainment. This guide can help you in selecting and using the best set of Lego blocks for your kids’ needs.
What are Lego blocks called?
They are also called Lego bricks.
What are the best Lego blocks?
The best are those that are easy to connect and pull apart as the need arises.
What is the price of the Lego block?
It mostly ranges from 500 to 5,000 Indian rupees, depending on the number of pieces, complexity, and so on.