It is possible to replace your laptop keyboard. In other words, if your laptop keyboard stops working properly, you don’t have to throw the entire machine away. All you need to do is replace the keyboard, and continue using the machine – possibly for years. This may be good news to people who mistakenly think that keyboard failure is the end of a laptop’s life. The truth of the matter is different.
You only need to find a keyboard that is compatible with your laptop. Then you remove the old/damaged keyboard and replace it with the new one. After that, you can continue using your laptop the way you had always been using it.
Also, check the buyers guide for Wireless Keyboard & Mouse sets, HP Laptop Batteries, Laptop Cleaning Kit, Laptop Bags, Laptop Cooling Pads, Laptop Stands, Laptop Power Banks, Gaming Laptop Under 60000, Gaming Laptop Under 50,000, Laptop under 40000, Gaming Laptops under 50000, Gaming Laptops under 60000, Gaming laptops under 70000, Laptops under 70000, 512GB SSD, & 1TB SSD
Top 10 Best Laptop Keyboards in India
Features of Laptop Keyboard
- One of the most important features of a laptop keyboard is compatibility. One has to ensure that the keyboard they buy is one that is compatible with the intended machine.
- Another important feature of a laptop keyboard is ‘smoothness’.
- So we find that some laptop keyboards are smooth to work with, whereas others aren’t.
- Smoothness is usually a function of key softness.
- Keyboards with hard (non-soft) keys can be very unpleasant to work with.
- Yet another key feature in a keyboard laptop is durability.
- In this regard, we find that the best laptop keyboards are capable of working for long, without malfunctioning.
- This is in contrast to those that ‘lose’ certain keys with the passage of time.
- Most laptop keyboards nowadays come with internal aluminum protective sheets.
- But there are a few that don’t — yet it is a very important feature.
Types of Laptop Keyboards
- There are branded laptop keyboards.
- Then there are generic laptop keyboards.
- The generic laptop keyboard isn’t necessarily inferior to the branded ones.
- On the other hand, there are brand new laptop keyboards.
- Then there are second-hand refurbished laptop keyboards.
- There are even some that are second-hand non-refurbished.
- The latter tend to be the cheapest, though one is not assured of their longevity.
- There are some laptop keyboards that are very easy to install.
- Those are the sorts of laptop keyboards that even non-experts can install.
- On the other hand, there are laptop keyboards that are quite hard to install.
- These require expert help to install.
Buyer’s guide for Laptop Keyboard
- The most important thing to check is whether the keyboard you wish to buy actually fits into your laptop.
- You have to remember that laptops differ in size.
- Consequently, laptop keyboards also differ in size.
- The keyboard that may fit into one laptop may not fit into another.
- So compatibility is the most important consideration.
- It is similarly important to ensure that the laptop keyboard you buy doesn’t have a bend.
- Then you need to look at the laptop keyboard price.
- Do you wish to buy a costlier keyboard? Then it better has superb features to justify the higher price.
- Another important consideration is the warranty.
- Laptop keyboards don’t usually come with very long warranties.
- But any keyboard with less than three months’ warranty should raise suspicion.
- You may also want to consider how hard it will be to install the laptop keyboard after buying it.
- That is unless you have very advanced tech skills hence capable of installing any keyboard without struggling too much.
How to use Laptop Keyboard?
- The laptop keyboard makes it possible for you to type on the machine.
- When you press a key on a laptop keyboard, it, in turn, activates a switch underneath: completing a circuit.
- That reflects in the laptop’s ROM (Read Only Memory) character map.
- The signal is subsequently passed onto the laptop’s processor, resulting in the desired outcome.
- Let’s say you were typing on a word processing application.
- You press the character ‘A’ on your keyboard.
- That should ultimately lead to the letter ‘A’ appearing on the laptop’s screen.
- Almost all laptop keyboards have a tendency to experience wear and tear with time.
- This ultimately necessitates the replacement of the keyboards.
- The actual replacement usually entails first unscrewing the old/worn-out keyboard.
- Once it is unscrewed, it is removed – carefully in order to avoid damaging other delicate parts inside.
- After that, the replacement keyboard is fitted into the slot and screwed to secure it.
List of Top 10 Best Laptop Keyboard Price in India Buyers Guide
1. Compatible for HP 2000 242 G4 430 431 435 630 631 635 636 450 455 650 655. Pavilion G4 G6 COMPAQ CQ43 CQ43-100 Laptop Keyboard
This keyboard is compatible with very many laptop brands. It is also lightweight and potentially durable.
- Very reasonably priced
- Relatively easy to install
- Smooth and easy to work with
- Only a 3-month warranty (which is, however, the accepted average)
- Somewhat drab packaging
2. Generic Replacement Laptop Keyboard for LENOVO G50-70 59427097
Generic Replacement Laptop Keyboard is one of the most elegant keyboards on the market. Its keys are also soft, making it smooth to operate.
- Comes with a warranty
- Quiet to work with
- Well assembled for durability
- Some may find it slightly heavy
- Compatible with a relatively small number of laptops
3. AMZT Keyboard for Dell Inspiron 15 3000 5000 3541 3542 3543 3551. 3558 5542 5545 5547 5558 5559 Series Laptop
AMZT Keyboard is another of those keyboards that fit into numerous laptop models. Its vendors say that it is very thoroughly tested.
- Efficient to work with (thanks to soft keys)
- High quality for a relatively low price
- Fits nicely into all compatible keyboard slots
- Slightly hard to install
- Packaging is very basic
4. Generic Keyboard for Dell Inspiron 15 3000 5000 3541 3542 3543 3551. 3558 5542 5545 5547 5558 5559 Series Laptop
This is a very light keyboard: one that won’t add a lot of weight to your laptop. It is compatible with numerous Dell laptops.
- Quite durable
- Easy to install with the right tools
- Very nicely packed – inspiring confidence
- non-backlit keyboard
- Generic as opposed to original (which some people have issues with)
5. Generic Laptop Keyboard Compatible for dell Inspiron 15 (3521) 15 (3537) 15R (5521) 15R (5537) 15R (I5535). 15V-1316 15VR-1106 M511R M531R Latitude 3540 Vostro 2521
This is one of the cheapest replacement keyboards in the market. Keys are uniquely arranged for efficient typing.
- Compatible with many laptops
- Very nice to work with – due to soft keys
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Some may feel that it is slightly heavy
- Installation can be tricky without the right skills and tools
6. Swiztek Laptop Keyboard for G700 G500 G710 G505 G510 Black
Swiztek Laptop Keyboard is one of those laptop keyboards that come with proper warranties. It seems to be designed for durability.
- Fits nicely into appropriate keyboards’ slots
- Relatively easy to install
- Soft keys for efficient typing
- Compatible with relatively few laptops
- Quite costly
7. LAPSTAR* Laptop Keyboard for Lenovo IdeaPad 110-14 110-14ibr 110-14isk 310-14 310S-14 510-14 510S-14 E41-15 TN Govt Laptop
LAPSTAR Laptop Keyboard is one of the most versatile keyboards, in terms of laptop compatibility. It is also of decent quality and can last for long with proper care.
- Comes with a frame for better durability
- Quite easy to install
- Very reasonably priced
- Non-backlit keyboard
- Keys may feel hard for some
8. Generic Laptop Keyboard Compatible for Asus EEEPC 1015 1015B 1015BX 1015CX 1015P 1015PE 1015PN 1015PD
This is one of the few available generic keyboards for Asus laptops. Keys are nicely arranged for smooth typing.
- Doesn’t take too much effort to install
- Designed for durability
- Reasonably priced (given the quality)
- Packaging is somewhat basic
- May not fit perfectly into certain models
9. ACETRONIX Laptop Keyboard for Toshiba Sattelite C600 C640 L640 L645 L730 L740 L600 L645
This is one of the lightest laptop keyboards in the market. It is also very elegant when installed.
- Keys don’t make much noise while typing
- Sturdy keys (hence durable)
- Comes with longer than average warranty
- Installation requires some skill
- Warranty (while remarkably long) is also limited in scope
10. Lapgrade Replacement Laptop Keyboard for Sale, HP Pavilion, 15ac-NSK-CWASCHp 250 G4 255 G4 256 G4 (Black)
Lapgrade Laptop Keyboard is one of those keyboards that come with an adjustable armrest. It is a very well-designed, high-quality keyboard.
- Very good quality keys
- Adjustable armrest
- Compatible with many laptop models
- Relatively costly
- Requires skill to install
You don’t have to throw your laptop away just because its keyboard stopped working! The information given here should help you make a better choice of a replacement laptop keyboard.