A lancet needle is a tool used to prick the skin, in order to obtain blood samples for testing purposes. It is very ideal for use in tests that require just one or two blood drops samples. One such test is for blood glucose levels, which people with diabetes concerns often need. Normally, people use the lancet needle hand in hand with a pen-like lancing tool. Using the lancing pen’s trigger mechanism, one releases the needle, which punctures the skin slightly, drawing blood.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Glucometers, Glucometer strips, Blood Pressure Machines, ECG Machines, Exercise cycles, Portable Oxygen Cylinders, Oxygen Concentrator machines, Liquid Oxygen supplements, pulse oxymeters, infrared Thermometers, and UV Sterilizers in India.
Top 10 Best Lancet Needles in India
Features of Lancet Needle
- One key feature of a lancet needle is its gauge. This tells us how thick/fine the needle is and that in turn tells us how the needle penetrates upon puncturing the skin. It can also affect the pain level.
- Another key feature of a lancet needle is the endpoint shape. This may have some impact on how painful the needle is to use.
- Compatibility with the various lancing pens is an important feature too.
Types of Lancet Needles
- There are lancet needles with round endpoints. Then there are other lancet needles with flat endpoints.
- There are 30-gauge lancet needles.
- Then there are 28 gauge lancet needles.
- Note that the 28 gauge lancet needle tends to be larger than the 30 gauge lancet needle.
- There are lancet needles that are designed for use with specific lancing pens. Then we have those that are universally compatible with (almost) all lancing pens.
Buying Guide for Lancet Needle
- Ideally, you should buy a lancet needle that won’t be too painful to use. To that end, check the needle gauge, as well as its endpoint shape.
- Only buy lancet needles that are hygienically packed.
- Further, ensure that the lancet needles you buy are compatible with the lancing pens you normally use.
- Consider the lancet needle price against the number of individual needles in the pack. Go for a pack in which the price per needle is reasonable.
How To Use Lancet Needle?
- Firstly, you need to clean the finger from which you will be drawing the blood sample. Then dry it well.
- Thereafter, you need to wear gloves, if you are drawing the blood sample from someone else.
- The next step is to fit the lancet needle into the lancing pen. Then select the finger from which you will be drawing the blood sample. Position the lancing pen (now with the needle inside it) appropriately. Then release the trigger, for it to puncture the skin, and draw a blood sample.
- Consider washing or applying some spirit on the lanced finger, for hygiene and safety purposes.
- Dispose of the used lancet needle responsibly.
List of Top 10 Best Lancet Needles in India-Buyers Guide
1. Ganatra Round Glucometer Blood Lancet
What you get here are 100 round lancets. Ideal for use in blood sugar testing.
- These lancet needles in this pack are designed to minimize pain
- The price for the 100 lancets pack is quite low
- These lancets are easy to use
- The endpoints may not look entirely round to some (but rather, slightly flat)
- The shape of the plastic lancing pens may make them look a bit scary to young patients
2. AmbiTech (100 Pcs) Lancet Needle
What you get here are flat-ended lancet needles. They come with safety seals that are tamper-resistant.
- These lancets come already sterilized
- The packaging is highly hygienic
- The tip is extremely thin (hence minimal pain)
- These are flat lancet needles (some people prefer round ones)
- For some individual users, 100 lancet needles may be too many
3. SMARTCARE Glucometer Adjustable Lancet Pen (with 100 Needle Pcs)
Available here is one lancing pen tool, with 100 needles to use with it. The needles are of 30 gauge thickness.
- The needles have very fine round endpoints (hence less pain)
- Being 30 gauge needles means that they don’t draw unnecessarily much blood
- These are multipurpose lancets
- Not compatible with Softclix lancing pens
- In this package, to get the 100 needles, you also have to buy the one lancing pen sold alongside them
4. Control D Glucometer Lancets Pack
What you get here are 1,000 lancets in total. Very ideal for institution or hospital use.
- The 1000 lancets in this pack can last long before running out (even in a hospital setting)
- The price is rather low for 1000 lancets
- The needles are electro polished
- Packaging is quite basic (but still hygienic)
- These are 30 gauge needles (whereas some people may prefer 28 gauge needles)
5. MEDITIVE Lancet Needles (Pack of 100 Pcs)
These are sterile lancets, of the 30 gauge variety. Ideal for all tests that require capillary blood samples.
- The needles draw adequate blood samples without causing undue pain
- They come already sterile, ready for use immediate use
- The price per needle works out to a reasonably low figure
- Not compatible with Accucheck lancing tools
- Proper disposal of these needles may present some individual users with a challenge
6. OneTouch Delica Plus Lancets (100 Pcs)
These are virtually pain-free OneTouch lancets. Ideal for use in routine sugar tests.
- These lancets have silicon coating (which makes their glide into the skin smoother)
- The endpoints are fine (these being 30 gauge needles)
- They come in remarkably hygienic packaging
- The price for these lancets may look a bit costly for some
- For institutional use, 100 lancets may prove too few
7. MedUp Round Lancets With DR MOREPEN Test Strips
In this pack are 100 round MedUp lancets. These come alongside some 50 test strips.
- Compatible with most lancing pens
- For these lancets, the safety profile is decent
- This combo gives the user both the lancets and test strips
- The buyer has to purchase the glucometer separately
- These lancets do elicit some (slight) pain
8. Niscomed Lancing Device With Round Glucometer Lancets
The number of lancets in this pack is 100. Ideal for drawing capillary blood samples for routine blood sugar tests.
- These are minimally painful round end-point lancets
- The packaging is as hygienic as it can be
- For the lancets, the design is universal (allowing for compatibility with most lancing pens)
- For people who need just one lancet, the 100 units in this pack may be too many
- Since these are 30 gauge lancets, those who prefer 28 gauge may not find them very ideal
9. Ultra Sterile Single – Use Safety Lancets (100 Pieces)
What you get here are highly sophisticated lancets. The needles are beveled, which minimizes user discomfort.
- These are gamma ray sterilized lancets
- The lancets come ready for instant immediate use
- For these lancets the needles retract automatically (hence better safety)
- The price is relatively high, compared to other 100-piece lancet packs
- For some people, these lancets may be too sophisticated
10. Madison Flat Lancet Needles (for Use With Accucheck Glucometer)
In this pack are 100 needles. All these are rather thin 30-gauge needles.
- These needles are very convenient to use
- Due to the thin needle tip, they only make tiny, almost pain-free pricks
- The price is quite low for 100 needles
- These needles won’t fit into round lancing pens (being flat)
- There is a limit to these lancing needles’ shelf life
For minimally painful and safe blood sugar testing, good-quality lancet needles are necessary. This guide has the info to help you find and buy the best lancet needles in India.
What is a lancet needle used for?
It is for pricking the skin, to obtain capillary blood samples.
How many times can you use a lancet needle?
It is usually a single-use tool.
What is the price of the lancet needle?
Lancet needle price normally ranges from 200 to 700 Indian rupees for a pack of 100.