The kokum fruit is a small, exotic fruit that grows during summer. It is delicious, and reach in antioxidants and vitamins. The great thing about it is that you can eat it raw or dried, as a juice, or in different dishes. It usually grows in the Goa and Konkan region and it’s called “grandma’s cure to acidity”. Let’s discover together the wonders of this delicious fruit!
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Best Green Cardamom, Black Cardamoms, Cardamom powders, Long Pepper, Black peppercorns, White peppercorns, pepper powder, Jeera powder, coriander powder, Kasuri methi Leaves, Turmeric powder, Cloves, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Kala namak, Khus Khus, Dry Dates, Dryfruits, Walnuts, Mamra Badam, Kaju, Kesar in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Dried Kokum Fruits in India-Buyers Guide
Types of Kokum Fruits
- Kokum fruit can be dried using different methods, one particular way is sun-drying it to keep its nutritional components.
- Some dried kokum fruits can be sweetened, while others are simply packed as they are. You may need to look into the area of provenience of kokum fruits before buying a bag. It can come from different areas, so, if you have a preference, chose the best for you.
How to use Kokum Fruit?
- You can use kokum fruit in multiple ways. First, you can add it to juices. Or, if you fancy an exotic salad, you can add the fruit there.
- Furthermore, kokum fruit can also be used as a spice, in various dishes.
- Remember to store it in a cold, away from the sun, place and add it to your meals whenever it feels right.
Features & Buyer’s Guide for Kokum Fruit
- First of all, if you decided to purchase kokum fruits, you need to know that it has multiple health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, so it’s natural medicine.
- If you can try it fresh, we advise you to do so. If not, you have a great variety of dried kokum fruit ready to be purchased.
- Refresh your meals by adding kokum fruits to them, you won’t regret it!
- As mentioned before, you can find kokum fruits fresh or dried.
- Of course, to purchase it online, it has to be dried.
- You can buy different packages of dried kokum fruit, with many ways of preparing it before commercializing it.
- Usually, the packages come with the sign that kokum fruits are vegetarian or vegan, and, of course, with the nutritional values written on the bag.
List of Top 10 Best Kokum Fruits in India Buyers Guide
1. Urban Platter Dried Kokum
Urban Platter offers you a jar full of dried kokum Rinds fruit, perfect to be added to your next meal. It has 500g, so you can use it multiple times.
- Locals said this kokum’s taste is authentic;
- It’s stored in a zip sealed package, which will help it stay fresh longer;
- It isn’t completely dried, making it taste great.
- One of the clients received the package a bit dirty;
- For 295 Rs, it’s a bit pricier than other brands;
2. Dried Fruit Hub Kokum
This 400 grams bag of dried kokum can bring some chill to a hot summer. Try it and enjoy its antibacterial properties!
- Same as before, it comes in a safe zip-lock bag;
- It’s great for making kokum juice;
- The taste is also good.
- Some clients weren’t happy with the product;
- It can’t be used as a spice.
3. Omkar Products Kokam Fruits
The dried kokum from Omkar comes in two bags, in an amount of 500g, and at 316 Rs.
- It has only two ingredients: kokum and salt;
- Just like the first one, it has an authentic taste;
- Great packaging and taste.
- The shipping charges are pretty high;
- Some clients didn’t appreciate its moist texture.
4. Conscious Foods Dried Kokum
This dried kokum fruit is great for preparing Kokum Sharbat, the best drink for you to sip on during hot summer days,
- Just like the others, it’s rich in antioxidants;
- It’s clean and without impurities;
- Good packaging and fast delivery.
- At 302 Rs for 400g, it is a bit pricy;
- The package is smaller than other options.
5. Sainik Dried Kokum Fruits
The dried kokum fruit from Sainik comes in a 100 grams bag and it’s waiting for you to give it a try.
- It has zero cholesterol;
- The producer says it’s high in dietary fiber;
- Some clients find the taste great.
- It’s a little bit soggy;
- Some clients said the taste is not that great.
6. Fast Seed Dried Kokum Fruit
As per the producer, if you choose to buy this product, you will enjoy a kokum fruit 100 percent natural.
- It’s good for acidity;
- Just like before, you can choose how much you buy;
- It’s great to use in coconut-based curries.
- The product hasn’t got many reviews
- It is a bit pricy.
7. The kokum fruits from Sainik
Sainik is back again, this time with a 400 grams bag of dried kokum fruit. Give it a go for a great addition to your food and beverages.
- The producer says it boosts the metabolism;
- It can help you with weight loss;
- The taste is great.
- At a price of over 300 Rs, it is a bit more expensive than some other products;
- The bag is not that easy to seal back.
8. Dry Fruit Wala Kokum Fruits
This kokum fruit grew in Sindhudurg and didn’t go through any chemical process. It’s a great choice for your exotic dishes.
- It has a 1 kg package;
- You can add it to your curry;
- It’s 100% natural.
- There aren’t any pictures on the package of this product;
- This product has no reviews on Amazon.
9. Go Pure Dried Kokum Fruit
Just like the ones before, this dried kokum fruit didn’t go through any chemical process. It is also a vegetarian product.
- It can last up to a year;
- This kokum fruit has an agreeable sweet taste;
- It is a natural product.
- It comes in a 400 grams bag, but you can purchase a bigger one;
- This kokum fruit can be a little dry.
10. Farmory Dried Kokum Fruits
This kokum fruit is great for your energy level and can be added to a variety of foods and beverages.
- You can choose how much you buy;
- The biggest bag has 5 kg;
- It’s rich in antioxidants.
- One client says the quality of this product isn’t great;
- It’s a bit dry.
If you want to be healthier and enjoy multiple benefits, try and add kokum fruit to your dishes. You won’t regret it if you love exotic spices.
What is kokum good for?
Kokum is great for digestion and weight loss management.
How do you eat kokum fruit?
You can eat it in juices, curries, salads, or sweet beverages.
What is the price of the kokum fruit?
The price varies from 150 Rs to 999 Rs for a big 5 kg bag.