Kishmish, also called the Kismis, is basically a dried grape. This is a popular, produced around the world. People eat it raw as well as use for baking, cooking, and brewing. Around the world, “raisin” is the name given to the dried large grape.
“Sultana” is the name for the golden-colored dried grape. Currant is also a type of Kishmish, which is a black Corinth seedless grape. It is an affordable dried fruit, which offers a great many benefits to the users. Also check the buyers guide for Best Dry fruits, Best Mamra badam brands, Best khus khus & Best walnut brands, Dry Dates, Best Badam brands, Best Kaju Brands, Kalonji seeds in India.
Kishmish contains the richness of potassium, iron, and antioxidants. It is the best source of fiber, which reduces blood pressure. This helps with hypertension, cancer as well as nourishes bones. It is also good for the protection of the eyes.
Top 10 Best Kishmish Brands in India
Buyers Guide – Kishmish
If you are going to purchase the Kishmish, keep the following things in mind:
Types of Kishmish
There are various types
- They include sultana, black raisins, Muscat raisins, seedless munakka, currants, natural raisins, etc.
- You may buy one of them that would be beneficial for your health.
Quality of Kishmish
- So, there are low-quality, medium-quality, and high-quality Kishmish.
- You may purchase the Kishmish that suits your budget.
- If you buy the high-quality, it would be valuable for the money.
Pure, Natural, and Fresh
- It should be natural, fresh, and pure.
- If you compromise on these qualities, you will be buying useless and tasteless raisins.
- You may only purchase the raisin that is organically grown.
- Organic produce is non-toxic and chemical-free.
Premium-Quality and Long
- If you are intending to use the Kishmish for culinary purposes you may only consider buying premium-quality raisin.
- It is usually long.
Brand of Kishmish
- To confirm the quality serviced by the brand, you should go through the reviews.
- If there are positive and appreciative reviews, you may go for it.
- Otherwise, you may shun the idea of buying from the brand.
- Without proper search, you should never settle down for a particular brand.
Features of Kishmish
There are many features of the Kishmish that makes it one of the most beneficial dried fruits. It effectively reduces the cancer risk, cures hypertension, protects the eyes, and reduces blood pressure, and more.
- Kishmish offers a good many health benefits.
- There are different brands offering the raisins at different price points.
- Organic Kishmish is chemical-free and harmless. 100 grams of kismis contains 299 calories.
- Manufacturers clean it thoroughly before packing it.
- It comes packed in food-grade packaging. It is dried fruit.
- Also, it reduces the fatness of the waistline.
- There are different types & every type has its own unique taste, flavor, aroma, and benefit.
Types of Kishmish
There are different types of Kishmish.
They are below
- They are the golden-colored Kishmish, rich in taste and flavor.
- These are the seedless black raisins.
- In North America, Australia, and New Zealand, “raisin” is a specific term for “currants”.
- They are tart and tangy.
- This is the black raisin, which is seedless.
- Munakka black grapes are its source.
- They are long, fruity, and greenish-gold raisins.
- These are the sun-dried sweet and seedless raisins.
Flame Seedless Raisins
- These are other top-quality raisins, which are seedless.
- They are long, extra sweet, and dark red.
How to use & eat Kishmish?
People use Kishmish dried fruit for a good many things. Most people use it for cooking and baking. It is a common ingredient for cakes. This is great for the digestive system.
Eating it raw has its own benefits. But if you soak it overnight and then eat it empty stomach in the morning, it does wonders for you.
- Kishmish is high in calories so, only a handful of Kishmish is eaten every day.
- You must never eat an excessive amount of Kishmish. Otherwise, it can cause quick weight gain.
- It improves your overall health, adding the digesting system, removing acidity, fighting constipation, and keeps the indigestion issues away.
- There are different types some are sour & some are tart while others are sweet.
- Depending on the type of dish being cooked, you may choose a type of raisins.
- Then, you can add it to your dish and enjoy its heavenly taste.
List of Top 10 Best Kishmish Brands in India
1. Amazon Brand Vedaka Popular Raisins 500g:
Amazon Brand offers the top-quality sultana Kishmish, tested in the laboratory rigorously so as to determine its safety.
- They are packed in a hygienic polybag.
- It tastes sweet and soft.
- The product is cleaned thoroughly before the packaging process.
- Users have complained that these Kishmish were below average quality.
2. Tulsi Indian Kishmish 500g:
Tulsi offers authentic Indian and 100% natural raisins.
- Raisins are rich in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
- It has natural sugars.
- It boosts digestion.
- Reviewers have complained that this is a poor quality product.
3. Ziofit Indian Long Raisins, 200g Buy 1 Get 1 Free:
It is an excellent quality product. This is a reasonably priced raisin.
- Ziofit Kishmish improves the overall health of the consumer.
- This is a gluten-free and zero-cholesterol product.
- The raisins are filled with the richness of antioxidants.
- Users said that they received very small raisins.
4. SFT Raisins Golden Organic Seedless Dry Grapes 1 Kg:
Packaged in the food-grade material, SFT raisins offer top-notch quality clean and pure sultana Kishmish.
- The manufacturer sources the raisins from the farmers directly.
- They are pure, natural, and fresh Kishmish.
- It helps in regularizing the bowel movements.
- Users said that the raisins had normal quality.
5. Happilo Premium Seedless Raisins 500g Value Pack:
This is the best-quality seedless raisins pack, which has lots of great benefits of the raisins.
- It contains zero anti-oxidants.
- The pack is filled with the richness of iron.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- Users have complained that it has the worst taste.
6. Miltop Kishmish-Raisin,250g:
Miltop packs the best-quality raisin in the box. If you do not like it, you can replace it.
- It is a pack of fresh and clean raisins.
- The 250 pack of raisins has a reasonable price.
- It has a good-quality taste.
- Users have said that the raisins had poor quality.
7. Berries and Nuts Premium Naturally Dried Green Raisin:
Berries and Nuts have offered the premium-quality green Kishmish.
- This has no artificial colors or flavors.
- You get the fresh taste delivered to your doorstep.
- It has the richness of fiber and iron.
- These are the dry raisins.
8. Natureland Organics Raisins 250 Gm – Organic Raisins:
Natureland offers top-quality organic raisins, which are long and premium-quality.
- The raisins are rich in vitamin B, iron, and potassium.
- It serves as the best source of carbohydrates.
- This is an affordable product.
- It is a low-quality product.
9. Nutty Gritties Long Raisins – 200g:
This is a jumbo size pack of the handpicked raisins, which are natural and fresh.
- These are the long green raisins.
- It has natural flavor nuts.
- Also, it is a hygienic product.
- It is a costly product.
10. Nutraj Special Raisin 500g (Round):
This is an excellent quality product, which has an amazing unique taste.
- This has an authentic Indian taste.
- It has a natural aroma and flavor.
- This is a good quality product.
- Users have said that they found harmful powder in the raisins.
Kishmish is dried fruit, which is high in calories. People use it for cooking, baking, and culinary purposes. It is packed with the richness of potassium, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins.
It offers a great many health benefits. You can go through the above products, and buy one that suits your requirements.
What are the benefits of Kishmish?
There are many benefits of Kishmish. They aid the digestive tract, remove the acidity, reduce cancer, protect the eyes, improve blood flow, and add to the health of bones.
Is Kishmish good for high blood pressure?
Yes. Kishmis has potassium, which lowers blood pressure.
What is Kishmis called in English?
Raisin is the English word for Kishmis.
How many raisins should we eat daily?
Raisins are high in calories. So, you can eat only a handful of raisins on a daily basis.
Are black or yellow raisins better?
Black raisins are better than yellow raisins.