Karaoke is a music technique that was introduced by the Japanese in which the listener sings along with the recorded music. A karaoke system is a device that helps you in singing and enjoying karaoke music. It is very common in many parts of the world where karaoke parties are popular.
A karaoke system will have all the components that are required to listen and sing the song. It contains a mic for singing, a speaker, a monitor to display lyrics, and connectivity to play the music. Also, check the buyer’s guide for Best Karaoke Mics, Ahuja Speakers & Best Wireless Microphones.
A special karaoke system is needed because it is designed to control the sound, its quality, and the echo. This article shares with you all the details about a karaoke system.
Top 10 Best Karaoke Systems online in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a karaoke system
A karaoke system will have these common features.
- The microphone is present in a karaoke system for singing the song. Some systems have wireless mics but some have wired ones. Some systems also have space for 2 to 3 mics for group or duet performances.
- As the person cannot memorize the entire lyrics of the song, so these systems have an LED display on which written lyrics are present. Some systems don’t have a display, but they can be connected to TVs.
- Many good karaoke systems have vocal effects to adjust the setting of microphones and music. They even have a special feature to cancel the singer’s voice and just play the music.
- A key-changer feature is also present in a karaoke system to change the pitch of the song.
- Many karaoke systems have LED lights that resemble club lights to give a party look.
- It has connectivity with different devices for playing the music of the user’s choice. Some also have a built-in music library.
- Most of the karaoke systems are wireless and are operated by lithium-ion batteries.
- Many systems have the voice recording feature to record the song.
Types of karaoke systems
Karaoke systems are of six types including all-in-one systems, TV monitor systems, built-in microphone karaoke, MP3 system, personal, and professional karaoke systems.
All-in-one karaoke system
These systems contain all the components required for karaoke music. They have a mic for singing, speakers, a CD player for playing music, and an LED screen to show the lyrics. They don’t have their own installed music and you have to play it on the CD.
You can also install software on your laptop and connect it with your karaoke system to play songs. If you don’t want to spend more money and you already have a good CD library, then go for them.
TV monitor system
These systems will only have CD players and speakers. They will not have any display screen, so you have to connect them to a TV. These systems can also be attached to a stereo system.
New designs are small in size but you will always need a TV with it to display the lyrics. If you want to increase the sound, then you can add extra speakers with a TV or stereo system.
Built-in karaoke system
These systems have a built-in music library and microphone with it. You can also connect them to a stereo system and TV. These systems also have built-in TV monitor systems.
Portable karaoke machines
These systems contain a video screen, amplifier, a microphone set, and speakers. You can easily carry these systems to different places as they are plug-in systems.
These systems can easily be connected to the stereo system and home theatre system. It is difficult to set this system because if one component stops working, the whole system will need to be replaced.
Home karaoke machine
These systems are very easy to use, just plug-in and enjoy the music. They have one microphone or some have two microphones for duet performance. They have a built-in monitor screen but if it is not present you can easily connect it to a TV.
You can connect these systems to TV and stereo system via Bluetooth and AUX cables, and to USBs, CD/DVDs. These systems also have recording features to record your performance.
Professional karaoke system
These systems are complex and have more components. These systems are used in bars or banquet halls. You can also use them at home if you have a big party. These systems have mics, good-quality speakers, mixers, and screens. These systems don’t need amplifiers.
Buyers Guide for Karaoke System
Consider the following factors while buying a karaoke system.
- The power and output of the system are very important to check. Power is usually indicated by watts and it determines the power and volume of the system.
- The lesser the wattage, the lower will be the volume. For the domestic karaoke system choose at least a 90watts karaoke system. But if it is for personal use, then you can go with a below 90watts system.
- Check the connectivity and format of the system because it is also important. Different formats of input are present including MP3 player, DVD, VCD, etc. Check for them. It is also important to check if it is connectable with different devices including TV, laptop, Android devices, iOS devices, USB, and SD card. Buy the device having maximum connectivity.
- The functions of the system are also important. What built-in systems are present, how to use them, how to change the volume and pitch, etc. It must hide the voice of the original singer, display lyrics, and keep the music playing to allow you to sing.
- Check the size, weight, and portability of the system. If you need it for a specific room then the heavy system will be ok for you, otherwise, go for a lightweight and portable system.
- Check the level of the system. As we have discussed different types of karaoke systems, choose the most suitable. There are different systems for adults and children. So, don’t buy a children’s system for yourself because it will have fewer features.
- Check the type of mic available with it, whether it is wired or wireless. Some brands do not provide mics in the package. Avoid buying those because you will have to buy the mics separately.
- Many systems have LED lights that will give a party look to the place. This extra feature is also very good to consider. If the system has a recording feature in it, go with it.
List of Top 10 Best karaoke systems in India-Buyers Guide
1. Zoook Rocker Thunder XL 50 watts Trolley Karaoke Bluetooth Party Speaker
This is a party speaker that comes with a remote and a mic. It has 2 lithium-ion batteries that perform for 6 hours on a full charge. The system also has a 1-click recording option. The echo in the sound can be controlled by the echo knob. It has a powerful speaker that has a high-power output and it also has DJ lights. It also has a built-in FM receiver in it.
- Its sound is great for a hall accommodating 100 people
- It has good battery timing
- The mic is not very good
- Echo control knobs are bad
2. Detel High Power Audio System with Karaoke Mic (Tashan)
This is another good product in our top list that has the output of 15W and comes with a mic and a remote. It has lights that give a nightclub feel. You can connect USB, SD card, Bluetooth, and AUX cable to it to listen to music from your collection.
- The battery backup is good
- It is a lightweight speaker and the DJ lights are very good
- The bass quality is not good
- The remote doesn’t control the volume
3. Zoook Rocker Thunder plus 40 watts Karaoke Bluetooth Party Speaker
It is a party speaker having a power output of 40W. The system has DJ lights and karaoke speakers. The Bluetooth connectivity frequency of the speaker is 60 hertz to 16 kilohertz and it can connect up to 10-meters in distance. It works on a lithium-ion battery that is 4000mAh. The package contains a remote and a wireless mic that has an on/off button.
- The battery has a backup time of almost 5 hours
- It has a feature of voice recording
- It has good sound quality and is very good for small parties
- There is no indicator for showing the battery percentage
- There is no antenna for FM
4. Tronica Bluetooth Rechargeable Multimedia Digital Display Speaker with Karaoke Mic
This is an awesome karaoke system that you can connect with your mobile through AUX cable and enjoy the music. The amplifier is 12W and the speaker is powerful and produces a loud sound. Tronica works on a 1800mAh battery having a backup time of 3 to 4 hours. It also has sockets for a USB pen drive, DVD/CD, and mp3 player. It has a compact size and the sound quality is very good.
- The mic quality is good
- Bluetooth connectivity is very good
- The sound quality is bad at some pitches of music
5. Takara T-7106 a Karaoke Speaker
This is a 6.5-inch speaker with a built-in MP3 player and USB. This can also be connected via Bluetooth to laptops and mobile phones to increase the choice of music. The package contains two wireless mics but there is also additional space for connecting a wired microphone to it. The mics also have volume and echo control features to assure good quality sound. The voice recording feature is also available.
- The good thing is that you can connect 3 mics to it
- It is very good for indoor parties and has a lot of connectivity options
- Buttons are hard and difficult to press
- Mics are delicate
6. Persang Karaoke A-1231 Trolley Portable Speaker with 2 Wireless Microphone Music System
This is a trolley karaoke system that has speakers and two wireless mics. The output of the speakers is 600watts and has a good battery of 6AA with a playtime of 5 hours. Its body is very good quality and the amplifier is made of the metal heatsink.
- It is a very good product for home parties
- The speaker has a paper lining that is a problem at high volumes
7. Wizzit Karaoke Bluetooth PA system
This is an outdoor karaoke system with all the advanced functions of Bluetooth connectivity, FM radio, AUX, and card input. The microphone has two unique features of magnifying the voice of the mic and reducing the sound of music. The power outputs are 50Watt RMS and the battery is 440mAH having a backup time of 4 hours.
- The manufacturer is providing 6 months warranty
- The sound produced by the system is of good quality
- The speaker is not long-lasting
- The backup timing is less
8. T-Series TR-S6 (Black 2.0 Channel)
This is a strong karaoke system that produces excellent voice quality. It has a 2200mAh battery with a good backup time. You can connect it to a mobile phone through AUX or Bluetooth. It also has ports to connect with cards and a USB. The system also has a built-in FM radio.
- It is a good portable party music system
- Synchronizing the mic with the music is difficult
9. Digitek Multimedia Speaker (DBS 300)
This is another trolley speaker suitable for parties, schools, weddings, and karaoke singing. It is a remote-control system with a wireless mic. The woofer size is 8 inches and has V5.0 Bluetooth. It has a hard-hitting bass that allows the user to play his or her favorite tunes. The plus point in this speaker is that it has connectivity will all laptops, car speakers, Android, iOS, home theatres, and smart TVs, and also has connectivity with TF card, Bluetooth, and FM.
- It is a very lightweight speaker having excellent sound quality
- The supplier is giving a 1-year warranty
- No negative reviews by existing customers
10. Jack Martin Z 12 Outdoor Karaoke Speaker
This is a professional wireless and trolley speaker. It is a small-sized speaker that has 2 wireless mics. The working power of the speaker is 5 hours.
The system has connectivity with Bluetooth, SD, USB pen drive, and has a built-in radio. The size of the speaker is 8 inches and has an outstanding output of 85W. It also has another amazing feature of mic recording.
- The quality of the speaker is very good
- It is a high-performance speaker having control over mic and echo
- The price is very high
We have collected all the details about a karaoke system and compiled it in this article. Hope it will help you make an informed decision if you are searching online for a karaoke system. We hope you will like the article and find it useful.
What is a karaoke system?
It is a system or a device that plays a song without the voice of the original singer allowing the user to sing in the mic. It also has a screen to display lyrics and speakers to let people enjoy the music.
Where is this karaoke system used?
This system is used in schools, parties, home parties, restaurants, bars, and clubs.
Why is a karaoke system popular these days?
It is popular because the user can sing his or her favorite songs along with the high-quality music of the original song. People love to show their singing talent to their friends and family.