Putting the joy that is Indian cuisine and mixing it with one of the world’s favourite nuts will give you kaju katli. This delicious dessert can either be a great gift for friends or family, or a nice snack for some extra protein.
Indian dishes range from sweet to savoury and they are some of the tastiest foods out in the world. Rich in flavours and spices, this nation has always been a favourite for many people worldwide. Also check the buyers guide for Best Dry fruits, Best Kaju Brands in India.
People love cashews as well and they use these nuts in many dishes and situations. It can be quite expensive food which is why you want to ensure that you are not wasting your money. That is what this great buyer’s guide is for.
Top 7 Best Kaju Katli Brands in India
Buyers Guide – Kaju Katli
Spending your hard-earned money on something that is as pricey as it is means you want to get what you paid for. What you pay for is good quality and tasty product that you can use for what you intend it for.
- The first thing you want to consider is the packaging.
- If you are planning on giving it as a gift, you will want it to be pretty.
- Some products come in boxes similar to the ones you use for chocolate assortments.
- Others might come in more of a tray like style that is probably better for personal consumption.
- Next, you want to look at the ingredients and additives that are in the dish.
- Some are more homemade and use fewer preservatives, making them healthier to eat.
- These have dried fruit in them as well as nuts.
- Some contain milk products and others might not which is something else that you might want to consider.
- Your budget is important because if you want a higher quality dish, you will need to spend some more money.
The ratings of products may also be important because they come from people who buy the product and know exactly what it entails.
Features of Kaju Katli
- Kaju katli has all of the great benefits that you will find in cashew nuts.
- These literally translates into cashew slice which suggests that it consists primarily of cashews.
- Besides having a great taste, this sweet can help you manage your blood pressure.
- This is because they are low in sodium which can’t be said for salted cashew nuts.
- Kaju Barfi is pretty similar to Kaju barfi with the only difference being that milk is used to produce it.
- This means that it is also good at controlling blood pressure and has the same benefits as Kaju barfi.
- They both also have properties that help reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
Types of Kaju Barfi
- There are not really any types of this dessert because it in itself is a way to use cashew nuts.
- The only other type is Kaju barfi which is just made using a different procedure.
- There are different types of the grade of cashew nut that can be used. Obviously higher quality materials will leave you with a high-quality dessert.
- The colour of the nuts will determine the general colour of the finished dish.
- If the nuts are darker the dish will be more on the yellow side.
- Lighter nuts will give you a creamier coloured dish.
- It can also be decorated using foil that is edible giving them a shiny finish, but this isn’t a requirement.
How to make Kaju Barfi?
- Kaju katli is made using saffron, sugar, and cashew nuts.
- You can also add dried fruit for different flavours of the sweet.
- The nuts are left to soak in water for a very long time which in most cases is overnight.
- After this, they are soft enough to be made into a paste.
- Sugar is then boiled down with water to create a thick syrup.
- Once the syrup can make a single thread when pressed between the fingers, it is ready.
- The paste and sugar mixture is combined along with other ingredients.
- These ingredients can be saffron or even different types of dried fruit.
- You flatten the sugary paste and leave it to dry for several hours after which you cut it into diamonds.
- You can cover them with shiny, edible foil but you can also leave them just like that mostly, they are served and eaten during Diwali.
List of Top 7 Kaju Katli Brands in India
1. Haldiram’s Nagpur Kaju Katli
This product comes in a 500g box and has a light creamy colour. It is 100% vegetarian and has a creamy taste.
- 1-month shelf life
- 100% vegetarian
- Few slices for the weight
2. Ghasitaram Gifts Pure Kaju Katli
400g of this delicious sweet is a great gift for any cashew lover. It comes in a box and is decorated with edible foil.
- Nice packaging
- Good taste
- Less quantity than the picture
3. Dezire LG Natural Sugar Free Kaju Katli
This sugar free product comes in a 200g box. There are no additives making it a healthy one to choose.
- Suitable for diabetics
- Sugar free
- Not soft enough
4. Delight Foods Kaju Katli Barfi
This product is made using milk and comes in a beautiful 500g box. It is hygienically prepared and packed in a reusable container.
- Reusable container
- Hygienically prepared
- Not suitable for vegans
5. Laxmu Misthan Bhandar Kaju Katli
It is obvious by the short shelf life of this 400g dish that it has no added preservatives.
- No added preservatives
- Short shelf life
6. Lal Sweets Kaju Barfi or Katli
400g of this premium quality sweet is a good gift or even personal treat.
- 90-day shelf life
- Premium quality
- No edible foil
7. MEETHADABBA Kaju Katli
A tasty snack coming in at 100g for every occasion.
- Vegetarian friendly
- Unappealing packaging
Obviously, there is a lot to consider before spending your money. Getting the best quality kaju katli is your primary goal and they are a good gift to give. Take time in deciding which one you want, the ones in the list above are the best on the market.
Is kaju katli healthy?
It has all the benefits of cashews such as promoting heart health. They can be unhealthy if you eat top many of them though because they are calorie rich.
What is the difference between kaju katli and kaju barfi?
The main difference between the two is that you use milk to make kaju barfi whereas with kaju katli you don’t.
Why is kaju katli expensive?
The time it takes to prepare and decorate the dish add to the cost. Cashews themselves are also expensive which adds to the price.
Can you keep kaju katli in the fridge?
Yes, storing this dish in the fridge in a container that is airtight can keep it fresh for a long time.