Garbanzo beans, chickpeas, or Kabuli Chana are round, light beige-colored legumes having a smooth coat on them. As it is included in the legumes family so it is a rich source of protein. It also contains other minerals and vitamins. It contains a little amount of calcium, potassium, zinc, and many other nutrients and a high amount of dietary fiber.
Kabuli chana contains zero cholesterol so is good food for people on diet or having high cholesterol issues. People use them in their salads but people love to make different dishes with Kabuli chana. They love eating masala cholay, pulao, chaat, and many other dishes. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best spices like black cardamom, Black Peppercorn, Pepper Powder, Laung & Dalchini Sticks in India.
Top 10 Best Kabuli Chana in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Kabuli Chana
- 1 cup of Kabuli Channa contains about 12.5 grams of fiber that is good for diabetic people.
- It contains a good amount of calcium and iron that is good for osteoporosis.
- 1 serving of chickpeas contains about 470 milligrams of potassium that is good to prevent high blood pressure. To avoid the blood pressure problem, a person should take less than 4700mg potassium a day. More intake of potassium is not good for health.
- It contains fibers, vitamin B complex, selenium, and magnesium that are good for heart health.
Types of Kabuli Channa
Chickpeas are of two types.
- They are small in size and are darker in shade.
- They contain hard and rough coating.
- They are originated from Kabul.
- These are larger, light beige colors, and have a smooth coating on them.
Both types have the same nutritional value, the difference will be in the taste and time of cooking.
- When you go to buy Kabuli Chana, just keep a few things in mind.
- Buy one whose grains’ size is big.
- Small chana will be hard and will take time to cook and also, will not increase its size.
- Check the packet properly and observe well.
- The grains should not have holes in them because holes indicate the presence of small insects.
- If you buy from the market, then go to a trustworthy person and check the chana well.
- But if are buying it online, you cannot examine it with your eyes.
- In that case, go with a re-known brand and check the product reviews.
How to use Kabuli Chana?
- Chickpea is hard legumes and takes time to cook.
- You have to soak them overnight or at least 6 hours in water.
- They will absorb water and become larger in size.
- Drain it’s extra water. Now, you have to boil them in a pressure cooker to make them soft.
- They will take different times to become tender depending on the type of seed.
- Once it is boiled, you can use them in your favorite dishes.
- You can take them in boil form in salads.
- If you want to make curry, you can cook them in spices of your choice to make them delicious.
List of Top 10 Best Kabuli Chana in India-Buyers Guide
1. Natureland Organics Kabuli Channa
Nature Land provides the best quality Kabuli Channa taken from Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. It is one of the best brands that is selling very good cholay in India. It comes in different packing sizes.
- They maintain hygiene and cleanliness by machine-cleaning the chickpeas.
- The quality of the Chana is also good.
- It contains some chemical smell.
- Some customers got rotten Chana having small holes.
2. 3S Pulses – Kabuli Chana
This brand provides fresh and good quality, Kabuli Channa, at your doorstep.
- The taste of this Chana is good.
- It also has a nutty and fresh taste.
- It contains a kerosene-like smell.
3. Amazon Brand – Vedaka Popular Kabuli Chana
Vedaka pulses also have the best quality pulses in India. Their Kabul Channa is also very good and competitive on Amazon. They clean the pulses and provide stone and contaminants-free pulses to their customers. Vedaka Kabuli Chana doesn’t contain any chemicals or preservatives. The brand passes its lentils from 70 tests to assure their quality level.
- Its packaging is very good.
- The quality and the taste of Chana are very good.
- They provide clean and dust-free Chana.
- Their chickpeas are of small size.
- Some customers got old chickpeas having bugs in the packet.
4. Tata Sampann Kabuli Channa
Tata Sampann Kabuli Channa is an unpolished, premium quality Kabuli Channa that is rich in protein. The Chana is unpolished and unprocessed so rich in nutrients. They are providing the best quality Chana at a reasonable price.
- The Chana is of very good quality and increases the size to double.
- After cooking they are very soft and delicious.
- Some of the customers found cholay with some insects in the pack.
5. Pro Nature 100% Organic Kabuli Channa
Pro Nature channa is purely organic, natural, and non-GMO Kabuli Channa that you can find on Amazon. The company is providing a certified product that is gluten-free and has a good-sized grain. Pro Nature brand is the first brand to clean the pulses by machines using high precision sortex technology.
- The quality of the product is great.
- It is good in taste.
- The price is slightly higher.
6. 24 Mantra Organic Kabuli Chana Organic
The gluten-free organic, and natural Kabuli Channa from 24 Mantra is another option for you to buy. They provide non-GMO, chemical, and pesticide-free Kabuli Chana that is grown in a natural way to its customers. They are natural and free from preservatives so they contain a rich amount of fibers and nutrients.
- The chickpea size is big and is full of flavor.
- These are easily digestible chickpeas.
- The package can be improved.
7. More Kabuli Chana
They are selling loose Kabuli Channa that you can order according to your need. They are also providing a good quality chickpea. When you order the chickpea from them, they will pack it in a good quality recyclable LDPE pouch. The Chana is rich in nutrients and free from preservatives.
- The quality of the chickpea is very good.
- Their customer service is good and the delivery is quick.
- Some customers find insects in their pouch.
8. Elworld Agro & Organic Food Products Kabuli Chana
Elworld Agro believes in transparency and makes it sure to provide healthy products to the customers. They are certified in selling good quality and pure products. The Kabuli Chana from this brand is harvested and cultivated in a traditional way to make it pure and natural. No pesticides or GMOs are used in harvesting them.
- The taste of the chickpeas is very real and delicious.
- Its vacuum packing makes it sure to keep it fresh.
- Some customers got old chickpeas having small insects.
9. Swabhiman33 Organic Kabuli Chana
Another brand that is selling pure organic Kabuli Chana. Their products are developed naturally by tribal and low-scale farmers of the nation. They force the farmers to grow organic products by their 33 promises. They pay a good amount to their farmers to motivate them to harvest good quality chickpeas.
- You can easily trace the farmer by scanning the QR code present on the packet.
- It is one of the best Kabuli Chana quality-wise and taste-wise.
- Its price is also reasonable.
- The quality should be checked before the delivery of the product.
10. Organic Tattva Kabuli Chana
Organic Tattva Kabuli channa is a 100 percent vegan product that is additives and gluten-free. These Kabuli Chana are processed on the standards of NPOP India and EC regulation. The fields of chickpeas are grown traditionally without the addition of chemical fertilizers.
- These Kabuli Chana take less time for cooking.
- This brand provides clean, big, and good-quality chickpeas.
- They are a little expensive.
It is all about chickpeas from us. Choose the best Kabuli Chana from our list and enjoy your favorite recipe of Kabuli Chana with your family.
Is Kabuli chana good for health?
They are a rich source of protein and dietary fibers. Kabuli Chana contains zero cholesterol and are full of nutrients so is very good for health.
What is the cost of Kabuli Chana?
Different brands sell it at different prices. The price starts from 80 rupees per kg.
Which is the best Kabuli chana?
To get the answer to this question, you can view the “top 10 list” of this article. You will find a lot of best products there.