A jockey vest is a sleeveless innerwear piece of garment that covers the upper part of the body. They are usually made of cotton, which makes them light and comfortable. Men’s fashion and dressing trends have changed drastically over the years. These worn for decades as an undergarment pieces by men. Whether it is retro vintage fashion or modern casual street fashion, there is one thing that is worn in common, vests.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Jockey Boxers, Jockey Panties, Jockey Shorts, Jockey Thermal wear, Jockey T-Shirts, Jockey Track Pants, Jockey Underwear for Men, Men’s Underwear, Push-up Bras, Ziwame Bras, Underwire Bras, Clovia Bras, Lace Bras, bra & panty sets, bikini sets, breast pads, feeding Bras, T-shirt Bra, Sexy Nightdress for Women, Short Nighty, Cotton Nighty, Night Dress for Girls, Night Suit for Women, Swimsuit for Women, Boxer Briefs, Honeymoon Dresses in India.
Although as an innerwear, a Jockey vest is not visible under a shirt, it still adds a lot to your dressing. Regardless if you wear a classic suit with a tie or a casual shirt, a Jockey vest is essential as it complements the fitting of the shirt you wear on top.
Top 10 Best Jockey Vests in India
Buyers Guide – Jockey Vest
Most people would just consider the price and material and opt for the product, ignoring other key factors that are equally important. Some people deliberately buy bigger size vests assuming either they will shrink after washing or then that they will probably grow into them in future.
However, if the factors we have mentioned below are ignored, you might not pick a suitable vest for your body and appearance.
- It is very important to select a size and style that fits perfectly on your upper body.
- Wearing a vest that is too tight can cause discomfort, suffocation, and possibly physical pain.
- Whereas, if you wear a vest that is too loose, you will be able to prevent deodorant and sweat stains, however, it will affect the appearance of the upper shirt.
- You should buy Jockey vests that fit your upper body perfectly without bagging or binding.
- Vests are worn as inner and upper wear garments.
- In either case, the appearance should be considered.
- When worn as innerwear, make sure you choose a vest that does not cause lines and bumps on the shirt worn outside.
- The material of the Jockey vest is the most important factor to consider before anything else.
- Various materials that have different properties are used for the manufacturing of vests.
- If your main purpose of buying a vest is to prevent sweat or sweat stains on your upper wear, you should opt for vests that are made of materials with higher absorption properties.
- The best material with such properties is cotton.
Features of a Jockey Vest
Wearing a Jockey serves many purposes and has many advantages for the person wearing it. The primary reason for wearing a vest is to absorb sweat and prevent deodorant and sweat stains from appearing on the shirt worn on top of it.
- The material used for a Jockey vest is mainly cotton, which makes it feel gentle on the skin and light on the body.
- It increases the life of dress shirts since it allows them to remain cleaner for a longer time.
- Also, it makes the upper shirt look flat and neater.
- A vest is used underneath shirts to prevent transparency from exposing your chest hair and nipples.
- Moreover, a vest also is worn as a piece of garment on its own, especially in the summers when you can wear them in public too.
Types of Jockey Vests
- There is a wide range of vests available in the market that differ based on the shape, quality, and material.
- Normal sleeveless vests are the standard type of vest commonly worn by men.
- They are worn for multiple reasons such as absorbing sweat, preventing transparency, and shaping the body to appear fit.
- It is commonly worn with formal attires under a dress shirt, for indoors and outdoors when the weather is hot, and also for sporting activities.
- Square-neck vests are not any different except they have a deeper neck design and straps over the shoulders that give them a more stylish look.
- They are commonly worn as an outer layer during the hot season and also during sports activities.
Why get a Jockey Vest?
A Jockey vest is a sleeveless innerwear piece of garment for men that covers the upper part of the body. They are usually made of 100% cotton, which has the properties of being highly moisture (sweat) absorbent, light in weight, and gentle on the skin.
- The primary reason for wearing a vest is to absorb sweat and prevent sweat and deodorant stains from appearing on the shirt worn on top of it.
- It expands the life of dress shirts since it permits them to remain cleaner for a longer time.
- It also makes the upper shirt look flat and neater with the provision of an extra layer.
- A vest can also be used underneath shirts to prevent transparency from exposing your upper body parts.
- Cotton is a material known for properties such as the ability to retain moisture, being lightweight, gentle on the skin, and heat resistance.
- Also, it is highly alkali resistant which helps in giving the vest a longer life.
List of Top 10 Best Jockey Vests in India Buyers Guide
1. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest Pack of 3 in Modern Classic:
This product comes in a pack of 3 items. These are finely knitted and weaved from 100% combed cotton fabric which makes them highly moisture absorbent and light in weight. The vests have a deep round neck shape, contoured armhole, and double shoulder straps that make them fit perfectly on the upper body.
- This Jockey Vest made with 100% cotton material
- The pack is available in sizes – S, M, L, XL, and 2XL.
- This is available in three assorted colours.
- The size guide might be misleading for some
2. Jockey Men’s Cotton Racer Back Vest in Modern Classic:
This is a 100% cotton jockey vest for men. The vest is available in five different colours – black, blue, navy blue, grey, and charcoal melange. The vests were bought in sizes – small, medium, large, and extra-large. These are finely knitted and weaved from 100% super combed cotton magic rib fabric so it is light in weight and highly absorbent.
- Jockey Vest made with 100% combed cotton rib fabric material
- It has a modern fit design with broad shoulder blades, ribbed neck & wide armholes.
- Available in assorted colours and sizes
- The length of the vest is a little longer than standard
3. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest:
This is available in 5 different colours and neon neck back border. It features a back neck border of neon colours adding a trendy look to it. These vests are uniquely knitted and have contoured armholes to give a perfect shape and modern fit for comfort and easy movement.
- This is a 100% cotton vest for men that is suitable to be worn for sports, innerwear & loungewear.
- Also, bought in sizes – S, M, L, and XL.
- Might be tight on the ribs for some
4. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest:
These are only available in white colour and sizes XS, XL, 2XL, and 3XL. The vests are fashion jerseys made of combed cotton fabric. It comes with a square neck style, wider shoulder straps, contoured armholes, and a longer length.
- This is a 100% cotton (Fashion Jersey) by the Jockey for men.
- It is designed for perfect body fit, easy to move and comfortable to wear
- Only available in a single colour (white)
5. Jockey Men’s Cotton Square Neck Vest:
The vest is available in eight different colours and six different sizes. These vests are knitted and weaved from 100% super combed cotton rib fabric material. This has a racerback and square neck style. The product is very light and gentle on the body.
- These Jockey vests for men are made of 100% high-quality cotton.
- It comes with a design of a square neck, racerback style, and wide armholes.
- 8 different colours and 6 different sizes to choose from
- Longer length
6. Jockey Cotton Men’s Vest:
This is a 100% cotton vest made by Jockey for men. It is available in assorted colours and sizes. The vest has a square neck design with contrast piping and binding colours. It is ideal for innerwear, loungewear, and sports.
- Jockey Vest made with 100% super combed cotton magic rib fabric
- It is available in assorted colours and sizes
- The product is extremely light in weight and effective in absorbing moisture.
- Longer length
7. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest Color Combinations May Vary:
This is a 100% cotton vest made by Jockey for men. The vest is available in assorted colours and sizes. The vest has a square neck design with contrast piping and binding colours. It is ideal for innerwear, loungewear, and sports.
- Inexpensive compared to other Jockey vest suppliers
- It is extremely light in weight and effective in absorbing moisture.
- Not suitable to wear under formal attire
8. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest:
The vest is available in assorted sizes and contrasting colours. The vest has a square neck design with contrasting colours of the neck borders and the overall vest. It is commonly used for loungewear, outdoors, and sports activities.
- These sleeveless vests for men are a product of Jockey and are made of 100% cotton.
- The product is light and efficient in absorbing moisture.
- Comes with vibrant contrasting colours
- Contrasting colours make it unsuitable for innerwear with formal attire
9. Jockey Men’s Plain Vest:
This vest is only available in white colour and sizes S, M, L, and XL. It has a round ribbed neck made of 100% combed cotton that makes it comfortable to wear. It is best for innerwear.
- This product is a plain classic half-sleeve vest for men made of 100% cotton by Jockey.
- The product is highly suitable as innerwear under formal shirts.
- The sleeve length is too short and rolls up
10. Jockey Men’s Cotton Vest 8820 Pack of 3:
This vest is made of 100% combed cotton fabric with a deep round neck, wide armholes, and long length. The bundles are available in sizes, S, M, L, and XL.
- This Jockey Vest is a 100% cotton vest for men available in a pack of 3.
- Also, the vest is available in only white colour.
- Long length requires tucking in
- Only available in white colour
The primary reason for wearing a vest is to absorb sweat and prevent deodorant and sweat stains from appearing on the shirt worn on top of it.
A vest is worn as a piece of garment on its own, especially in the summers. The material used in Jockey vests is mainly cotton which makes it feel gentle on the skin and light on the body.
Is the Jockey vest the best?
Jockey is one of the leading brands for innerwear garments, especially thermal wear and light wear garments. Jockey products are widely used and easily available in the market. The majority of their vests are made of 100% high-quality cotton at a reasonable price.
What are the varieties available in Jockey vests?
Jockey offers a wide range of vests that differ in style and design. They offer deep round neck and square neck vests with contoured armholes. These are available in half sleeves and sleeveless designs with a wide range of colours to choose from.