Jaggery powder is widely used all around the world. Out of many properties of jaggery powder, one is its deliciously sweet taste. In India, almost everyone loves jaggery powder. It is used to substitute ordinary sugar in various dishes to attain a more delicious taste. Moreover, It offers numerous health benefits as compared to normal sugar. To name a few, jaggery powder aids in digestion, helps in blood detoxification, provides energy, and strengthens the immune system. Jaggery powder gives a slightly pleasant burning smell. And it has a warm, sweet, intense taste. However, the taste is not too harsh and the jaggery powder can be eaten alone.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Quality Mishri, Ginger Powder, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Walnut, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, Black Raisins, Cardamom, Khus Khus, Black Pepper Powder, White Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Cardamom Powders, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, ginger powder, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, Cumin powder, and Long Peppercorns online in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Jaggery Powder in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Jaggery Powder
- Talking about the features of jaggery, the first thing of importance is that it is obtained directly through the sap of sugarcane. Hence it is purely organic. As a result, it provides health many health benefits.
- Jiggery powder helps in improving digestion and keeps the gut healthy. Also, it reduces constipation.
- Another significance of jaggery powder is that it helps the liver to detoxify the blood. It means that it plays an important role in removing harmful substances from the body.
- Studies have shown that eating sweet things aids in keeping stress at bay. As they tend to improve your mood. Being rich in sugars, jaggery powder is a good source of energy. If you are feeling tired, eating some amount of jaggery powder will make you feel energetic.
- Recent studies reveal that jaggery powder contains a substance that prevents cancer.
- Another feature of this magical powder is its unique taste which is sweet and intense and at the same time with a hint of warmth. As jaggery powder is made from manual cooking it exhibits a burning smell fragrance.
Types of Jaggery Powders
- Jaggery can be obtained through different sources. Examples, sugarcane jaggery, coconut jaggery, date palm jaggery, and many more.
- Jiggery is available in two forms.
As the name indicates, this type has a powdered texture. It contains less amount of water. Hence the lifetime of jaggery powder is more with greater stable.
On the other hand, jaggery solids contain more moisture and have a shorter shelf life.
Buyers Guide for Jaggery Powder
Before buying jaggery powder, check the following
- Natural jaggery is dark brown whereas the yellow color indicates the addition of chemicals. Therefore, look for the color of the powder.
- Prefer powder that does not contain artificial flavors or preservatives as it can lessen the health benefits of the substance.
- In addition, look for the expiry date of the package as older powders will not provide the characteristic taste and fragrance of jaggery. Not to mention the health benefits!
How to Use Jaggery Powder?
- Jaggery is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different ways. It can satisfy the craving for sweets after meals.
- For improving digestion, add jaggery powder to hot water in the morning and drink.
- In addition, jaggery powder can be used as an alternative to sugar in many desserts and tea.
- Make sure to keep the powder in a cool place away from direct heat and sunlight.
- After opening, keep the powder in a dry place in an airtight jar.
- Also, do not insert a wet spoon into the packet.
List of Top 10 Best Jaggery Powders in India-Buyers Guide
1. Nutriorg Organic Jaggery Powder
Nutriorg is employing deserving women and helping underprivileged people. The brand also emphasizes and promotes the idea of sustainability. The jaggery by the brand is also an example of their pure and natural products.
- Offers the unique taste of jaggery that is rich in sweetness
- Provides various health benefits
- Can be used in many ways
- Some may find it expensive
- If you do not like sugarcane jaggery, this product is not for you
2. Truefarm Organic Jaggery Powder
Truefarm provides 100% organic products. Their products do not contain any added flavors, colors, and preservatives. Hence, they transfer the original taste and benefits of jaggery to the consumers.
- Free from preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors
- Rich in minerals and hence is good for health
- A healthy substitute for sugar in many recipes
- If you like other than sugarcane jaggery then it is not suitable for you
3. Vayam Jaggery Powder
Vayam jaggery is also rich in natural taste. It is finely ground since there is no need to filter the powder. The product contains many minerals and antioxidants to keep you healthy.
- Easy to use in tea, coffee, juices, and desserts
- Free from artificial flavoring, synthetic colors, and preservatives
- Adds a combination of sweetness and warmth
- Some may find the product expensive
- Keep in an airtight jar after opening
4. Thanjai Natural Jaggery Powder
This jaggery powder is made from palm sugar. Which is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It supplies the body with energy without increasing the blood glucose level.
- Free from any impurities or added ingredients
- Good for health
- Adds a sweet taste and smells nice
- Not suitable for those who like sugarcane jaggery
- Some do not like the taste
5. Orgrain India Jaggery Powder
Orgrain India brings the finest quality jaggery powder that is a healthy alternative to refined sugar. It is unique from other brands of jaggery powder as it is a combination of sugarcane jaggery and date palm jaggery.
- Provides health benefits
- Brings a sweet taste and can be used regularly
- No preservatives or artificial flavoring
- Plastic packaging is not sustainable
- Some people complain that the color of jaggery is not dark brown
6. 24 Mantra Jaggery Powder
It is a well-known brand that produces more than 200 grocery items. They believe in farm to fork approach and monitoring all the in-between steps.
- Being rich in iron, it can helpful for anemics
- Suitable to be used in beverages, main courses, or desserts
- Brings a sweet and warm taste
- Plastic packaging
- Little expensive
7. Natureland Organics Jaggery
This jaggery is easy to use and is good for your health. It maintains body temperature and improves blood flow. Hence, maintains the overall health
- Tastes good
- Rich in antioxidants
- Free from chemicals
- Some people do not like the quality the of product
- Some think the product is worth the price
8. Nature Vit Jaggery
Nature Vit jaggery has its used in many recipes from beverages and desserts. Jiggery powder contains minerals and vitamins and offers health benefits.
- Adds a sweet taste to anything
- A healthy alternative to refined sugar
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Keep away from sunlight and heat
- After opening store in an airtight jar
9. Organic Tattva Jaggery
It keeps the body healthy and fit. As it increases the detoxification process of the body and also maintains body temperature. In addition, it also aids in digestion.
- Rich source of minerals and vitamins
- Free from added chemicals
- Strengthens the immune system
- Keep at a dry place
- Keep away from direct heat
10. Pitambari Ruchiyana Jaggery
This product improves overall health. It is naturally processed and does not contain artificial flavoring and coloring.
- Easy to use
- Suitable for a variety of recipes
- Free from chemicals
- Keep away from moisture
- Do not insert a wet spoon
The benefits of jaggery powder are numerous. From unique taste to the pleasant smell. Above is a list of some of the best jaggery powders available in India.
What is jaggery powder?
Jiggery powder is a natural sweetener. It is extracted from the juice of sugarcane. This brings a sweet taste and has a burning smell. It is also very beneficial for health as it is a natural ingredient.
What is jaggery powder made of?
Jiggery powder can be made from different sources. Some of the common jaggeries are made from sugarcane, date palms, coconut palms, etc.
Is jaggery the same as sugar?
Sugar is the refined and chemically processed version of jaggery. That means jaggery is more natural and hence healthier.