An inverter bulb is designed to be capable of remaining on even when there are power outages. Therefore it serves as an emergency bulb in case of power cuts. Usually, the bulb has some sort of battery that is inbuilt. This battery that is inbuilt into the bulb charges when there is a mains power supply. Meanwhile, as long as there is the main power supply, the bulb works just like any other (using the grid/AC power). But once there is a power outage, the bulb detects this. Then it starts drawing on the (DC) power it had stored in its inbuilt battery. It is therefore able to remain on, as an automatic emergency light, even when there are power cuts.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best LED Tube lights, LED Bulbs, Decorative Lights, Wall Lamps, Night Bulbs, Pendant Lights, Garden Lights, Hanging Lights, LED Torch lights, Chandelier Lights, Rechargeable emergency lights, Study lamp lights, aquarium lights, solar street lights, Car LED Lights, best solar inverters online, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Livfast Batteries, Livguard batteries, Exide Batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, Exide car batteries,
Exide inverter Batteries, Car Inverters, Amaron Bike Batteries, inverter batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best Inverter Bulbs in India
Features of Inverter Bulb
- One key feature of an inverter bulb is the light color. This tells us how friendly to the eyes the light coming from the bulb will be. It also tells us how appropriate the bulb will be for use in various circumstances.
- Another important feature of an inverter bulb is the wattage rating.
- From this, you can get insight into the bulb’s power input and output.
- Yet another key feature in an inverter bulb is the voltage rating.
- This can tell you whether the bulb will be compatible with your local grid or not.
- Further, in these bulbs, the luminous flux is an important feature.
- From this, you get to figure out how bright the light from the bulb will be.
Types of Inverter Bulbs
- There are inverter bulbs that produce white light. Then some produce light in colors other than white.
- There are 9-watt inverter bulbs. Then there are 10-watt inverter bulbs.
- We also have 12-watt and 14-watt inverter bulbs.
- We have inverter bulbs that offer long backups: as many as 4 hours.
- Then we have those that offer shorter backups: sometimes even less than one hour.
- There are fast-charging inverter bulbs. Then some tend to charge at slower paces.
Buying Guide for Inverter Bulb
- Firstly, ensure that the inverter bulb you buy is capable of producing good-quality light. In this regard, consider things like the light color of the inverter LED bulb and its brightness.
- Secondly, see to it that the bulb you buy has proper basic safety features.
- At the very least, only buy a bulb with overcharge protection. Also, buy one that has overheating protection.
- Thirdly, consider how easy to install the bulb you buy is.
- Go for a bulb that is compatible with the mains power grid supply system you operate under and only go for one with good-quality connectors.
- Fourthly, consider the inverter bulb price. Only buy a bulb in which there is good value for money: considering the price against the bulb’s overall quality.
How Does It use Inverter Bulb?
- The inverter bulb provides light both when there is mains grid power, and when there are power cuts/interruptions. What makes it capable of remaining alight in the event of power cuts is the inbuilt battery in it.
- When there is a mains grid power supply, the bulb provides light using that (AC) power. But at the same time, it keeps on charging the inbuilt battery, as long as the main power supply is available.
- Now inside the bulb is a circuit that detects when there is a mains power supply cut or interruption. Once it detects this, the bulb instantly starts obtaining the power to remain alight from its inbuilt battery. So it switches from the mode of running on AC mains power, to running on DC battery power. This is what makes it an ‘inverter bulb’.
- If the mains power supply is restored, the bulb detects this too. Then it switches back to drawing power from the mains grid. And it then also starts recharging, storing power for the next outage.
List of Top 10 Best Inverter Bulbs in India- Buyers Guide
1. RSCT 9 Watt Inverter LED Bulb
RSCT LED Bulb is a 9 Watt inverter best for places with power cut/outage issues. It emits a cool-day Light of temperature color.
- These are waterproof lights, suitable for outdoor use
- They come with 8 lighting modes on the controller
- Not prone to overheating (as the circuit material is 100% copper)
- The stars in these lights come in two different sizes
- Setting up these lights may call for some skills
2. Halonix Prime Cool Day Light Inverter Led Bulb
What you get here is a 9w bulb, which continues being alight even when there are power cuts. Suitable for use in residential homes, retail shops, and hospitals, among other settings.
- This is a very highly energy-efficient bulb
- It gives up to 4 hours of backup after loss of mains grid power supply
- The light it produces is quite friendly to the eyes
- The inbuilt battery takes as long as 8 to 10 hours to fully charge
- In backup mode, brightness may go down a bit
3. Philips B22 LED Inverter Bulb
Produces crystal white light. The wattage rating is 10w.
- This bulb has glare reduction property
- The crystal white light given out by this bulb has a relaxing effect
- This is a reasonably long-lasting bulb
- The price for this bulb is not exactly on the cheap side
- This is a somewhat heavy bulb
4. Wipro B22D Inverter Led Bulb
What you get here is a two bulbs pack. These are 9-watt bulbs.
- The voltage range for this bulb is quite wide (hence it is not affected much by surges)
- Backup from the bulb’s inbuilt battery is up to 4 hours
- The LED lighting from this bulb does not produce much heat
- The total price for the 2 bulbs pack may be a bit too high for some
- Like most others, this is quite a delicate bulb
5. Bajaj B22D Led Inverter Lamp
Comes with the standard 900-lumen luminous flux. Includes inbuilt durable Li-ion battery.
- The warranty for this bulb is for one full year
- The price for this bulb is lower compared to others of a similar type
- Its inbuilt battery has great overcharge protection
- In backup mode, brightness is only 300 lumen
- It seems to charge a bit slowly at times
6. Orient Electric Inverter LED Light Bulb
The wattage rating for this bulb is 9w. it gives out cool day white light.
- The light output is eye-friendly
- Backup mode time is up to 4 hours
- This is an easy-to-fit bulb
- If there is no mains power supply, the brightness goes down by 50%
- The price for this bulb may appear high to some
7. Murphy Inverter Bulb (LED)
Available as a two-bulb pack. Comes with 4 free Eveready batteries.
- This is a dimmable bulb
- Energy efficiency for this bulb is appreciably good
- The bulb comes with one year warranty
- While in backup mode, the light may take a while to go off are you switch it off
- The combined two-bulb pack price may be beyond reach for some
8. Gesto Inverter Led (B22D) Bulb
This is a 12 watts inverter bulb. Suitable both for usage in homes and offices.
- In both normal and backup modes, this bulb uses power efficiently
- The price for this bulb is reasonably low
- It recharges fast: in as little as 4 to 6 hours
- Some may find it a bit dim at times
- There may be a slight flicker effect in the backup mode initially
9. EcoLink B22 LED Inverter Bulb
What you get here is a bulb whose output is cool daylight bright light. The wattage rating for this bulb is 14 watts.
- The bulb does not heat much
- Inside the bulb is a powerful Li-ion battery
- The charging speed for the bulb is relatively high
- The pack has 2 bulbs (yet some may only require one)
- This bulb requires keen handling as it is a bit delicate
10. Titano B22 LED Cool White Inverter Emergency Bulb
In this pack is a single, energy-efficient bulb. The bulb is best for office, home, and business premises usage.
- It switches to battery mode automatically in case of a power outage (no need to switch manually)
- The lifespan for this bulb tends to be quite long
- The price for this bulb is relatively low
- Backup is only 3 hours at most
- Brightness is around 800 lumens in normal mode, and even slightly less under backup mode
A good quality inverter bulb can give you great convenience even when there are power interruptions. While shopping for such good quality inverter bulbs, the info in this guide can come in handy.
How does an emergency inverter bulb work?
By storing charge in its inbuilt battery, then using that power to remain on when there are power outages.
What is the use of an inverter bulb?
To give lighting backup even when there is no mains grid power supply.
What is the life of an inverter bulb?
Its lifespan is typically at least 4 to 6 years.