An Induction stove is an electrical cooking device that heats the cooking pot without following any fundamental heat transfer process. Modern problems require modern solutions. And an induction stove has provided us with solutions to many of these modern problems.
Cooking with electricity is the new trend. If you think using fire is too dangerous or the use of gas is too harmful to the environment, then an induction stove is perfect for you. An induction cooktop is not only convenient but is also eco-friendly and safe to use. They are also stylish and very easy to use. That is why it has earned its popularity across the globe. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Electric Gas Stove & Glasstop Gas Stoves in India.
Top 10 Best Induction Stove Brands in India
Features of Induction Stoves
- An induction stove provides so many convenient features that it may almost seem like a magic cooker.
- Let’s talk about some of the most common and basic features of an induction stove.
- Most of the features are automated.
- You just have to dial the numbers.
- Controlling the temperature is way easier than a gas stove.
- Remember how many times you turned off your gas stove mistakenly in an attempt to dim the heat? Well, with an induction stove, those days are gone.
- An Induction cooktop cooks or warms food quickly.
- And there is less chance of burning.
- An induction cooktop is also very easy to clean and maintain, and it does less harm to the cookware as there is no direct contact with fire.
- And not that an induction cooktop does not require any gas, very little electricity is needed to get it functioned.
Types of Induction Stoves
Induction stoves can be categorized into 4 types to cover all sorts of Induction stoves.
1. Induction Cooktops
2. Slide-in Induction Stoves
3. Freestanding Range Induction stoves
4. portable induction stoves
Induction Cooktops are non-portable induction stoves that remain fixed on top of the kitchen countertop. This kind of stoves can be a single element or multi-elements. By element here, we are referring to how much cookware can be used at a time on the stove.
Slide-in Induction Stove and Freestanding Range Induction Stoves
Both of the Induction stoves come with additional oven components. The only difference is the control panel location. Both of the stoves are non-portable and they are installed between two base cabinets.
Portable Induction Stoves
These stoves are the most simple induction stoves. They are also small, light and you can carry them anywhere you want.
Buyer’s Guide – Induction Stoves
- Induction stove prices are a little higher than a gas stove.
- First of all, you need to decide which kind of induction cooktop you need.
- If you live in a permanent residence and don’t have any plans to move somewhere else in the near future, Slide-in and Freestanding Range Induction cooktop might be good for you. If you already have an oven or OTG, you should buy a cooktop rather.
- Cooktops are very stylish in design.
- For students living in hostels, or people who need to move frequently, a portable induction cooktop will be your wise choice.
- The induction cooktop is available in electrical shops.
- You can also find them in cookware shops.
- And you can always buy them from the online market, your induction cooktop is just a click away.
- Amazon, Daraz, and Alibaba have enough induction cooktops for you to choose from.
How to use Induction Stove?
- As an induction stove does not use gas or fire, it does not transfer heat via conduction, convection, or radiation.
- An induction cooktop has a coil of copper under its cooking surface.
- Using electricity produces electro-magnetic energy which passes through the cooking pot.
- As a result, the only bottom of the cooking pot heats up almost instantly and the rest of the surface remains cool.
List of Top 10 Best Induction Stove Brands in India
1. Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop with Push button (Black)
A portable induction stove with a rating Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 1200W. This stove also comes with Indian option menus.
- This stove is light and small.
- It has an Aerodynamic cooling system.
- Saves power.
- Only works with induction base cookware.
2. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
The cooking surface of Philips Viva induction is glass made. This stove also comes with a one-year warranty.
- Easy to use and clean.
- The control panel is touch-sensitive.
- It can bear up to 8kg cook-weight.
- The requirement of the cookware bottom can not be more than 10 cm.
3. iBELL Hold The World. Digitally! 2000 W with Auto Shut Off and Overheat Protection, BIS Certified Induction Cooktop, Black
iBELL 2000W Induction stove is very fashionable looking and what’s more, the cooktop is crystal glass made.
- It offers wide voltage adaptability.
- It has many convenient functions like auto-shutoff safety and overheats protection.
- The coils are of very high quality.
- The control panel may be too complex for some people.
4. Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
Usha Cook Joy is a Chinese-made induction stove that has pan sensor technology. It also provides a Manual setting to customize cooking.
- It is a power-saving device.
- It is resistant to voltage fluctuation.
- Comes with a flexible and long power cord.
- The control panel is a push button.
- Only induction base utensils can be used.
5. Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 1900-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
Bajaj Majesty cooktop induction stove as a rating of Power: 1900 watts. Working Voltage Range-130V TO 260V AC. The control panel is push buttons.
- This stove has a total of 8 preset menus.
- This stove also has features like keep warm and auto shut-off.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Costlier than other similar products.
6. V-Guard VIC-15 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
This particular induction stove comes with several Indian menu options like Dosa, chapathi, and idli. This stove also has a 4 digit LED display and digital timing option.
- It has features like spill-proof and automatic switch-off.
- Fast heating and keep warm functions.
- Very light in weight.
- Only flat bottom cookware can be used.
- Do not save power.
7. Havells Insta Cook RT 1400 watts Induction Cooktop
Havells Insta Cooktop comes with 4 cooking options and soft-touch operations.
- It offers a valuable power control panel.
- It has a Digital LED indication which makes the operations very easy.
- Very easy to carry.
- Only 2-hour preset timer.
- The maximum loading capacity is only 5kg.
8. Preethi Trendy Plus 116 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black)
This one-touch menu induction stove is made in Singapore. The power rating is 1600 watts; Operating Voltage: 230 volts and includes an induction cooktop.
- Highly efficient and comes with a long power cord.
- It can accommodate cookware with a larger diameter.
- Vessels without an induction base can not be used.
9. Glen 3081 Induction Cooker 2000 watt with Touch Sensor Control (Black)
Glen 3081 model induction stove comes with two advanced coils. Also, the surface is made with glass material.
- It a total of 9 cooking functions.
- This stove also has a touch sensor control panel.
- It offers 2 years of warranty.
- There might be some problems while fitting the device.
10. Sowbaghya Slim Induction Stove (Touch Model) 2000Watts
Sowbaghya brand offers you the slimmest induction stove ever. It also has a strong Firepoint of 2000W Strong Firepower.
- This induction stove has a total 6 key functions— pressure cooker, deep fry, boil, keep warm, manual, and child lock
- It has a slide model to control temperature/
- Costlier than other similar products.
Induction stoves are one of the recent products of technology using electro-magnate. Sure, at first, an induction stove may seem more expensive than a normal gas stove. But if you look at the bigger picture, you will only see privileges. So, if you have decided to buy an induction stove, congratulations! Because you have made a very modern and wise decision.
What is the life period of an Induction stove?
The lifespan of induction stoves is generally counted in hours and not by years. The induction cooktop that is used in households generally has a life period of a total of 10,000 operating hours. And the commercial induction cooktops, which are used in restaurants and such normally last for 30,000 operating hours. That is the same as 10 hours of daily operating time for 8 years.
Why is an induction stove preferred nowadays?
Well, there are many various reasons behind it. Firstly, it does not need any gas and there is no use for fire. So it is very safe. An induction cooktops uses a small amount of electricity which makes it cheaper than maintaining a gas stove. The temperature control process is very easy. And the design of induction cookers is very fashionable. These stoves heat up foods very fast and cook food very quickly. So it saves both your time and energy. As no fire is used, you do not have to worry about any burning. Most importantly, as using an induction cooktop reduces the use of gas, it’s very green for the environment.
What is the price of an induction stove?
A portable induction cooktop price normally starts from 120 USD and onwards. The kitchen Counter cooktop price range is 200 USD from onwards. Slide-in induction cooktops and freestanding inductions stoves are very expensive, as they are non-portable and have additional components. The price range starts from around 3,500 USD and onwards.