Hi-Watt (HW) is one of the topmost battery brands in India. People use the HW battery in many devices, including transistor radios, LED lights, smoke sensors and toys. Other common uses for the HW battery are in lab equipment, clocks, and certain weighing scale types. The most popular HW batteries are arguably the rectangular ones, with 9 volts of power. Those mostly function as outer batteries, with connector clips for connecting them with devices.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Livfast Batteries, Livguard batteries, Exide Batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, Exide car batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Solar inverters, Car Inverters, Amaron Bike Batteries, inverter batteries, Amco Batteries, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best HW Batteries in India
Features of HW Battery
- One key feature in an HW battery is the nominal voltage. For the rectangular zinc carbon ones, this is normally stated as 9 volts.
- Another key feature in an HW battery is the discharge resistance. This has a bearing on the battery’s efficiency.
- Yet another important feature is cut-off voltage. For the 9-volt zinc carbon batteries, this is normally stated as 5.4 volts.
- Further, there is a range for operating temperature (upper and lower limits) as a key feature in HW batteries.
Types of HW Batteries
- Under the HW brand, there are zinc carbon batteries.
- Then there are alkaline batteries.
- We also have Ni-CD and Ni-MH Hi-Watt batteries.
- There are HW batteries that come in packs of 2. Then we have others that come in packs of 5. We also have HW batteries that come in packs of 10.
- There are specialized HW batteries that are ideal for some specific devices. Then there are general-use HW batteries, with which you may power many kinds of devices.
Buying Guide for HW Battery
- Firstly, ensure that what you purchase at the end is an authentic HW battery.
- Check the branding carefully, to avoid falling for fakes with names that are somewhat similar to ‘Hi-Watt’.
- Consider the device to which you intend to supply power with the HW battery.
- Check whether it has a proper mechanism for connecting with this sort of battery.
- Further, consider the number of HW battery cells you are getting in the given pack.
- Consider this against the HW battery price your vendors ask for.
How To Use HW Battery?
- You may use the HW battery in things like a smoke sensor, transistor radio, LED lights, or some weighing scales.
- It may also be suitable for use on some types of lab equipment, walkie-talkies, toys, and so on.
- You have to use the HW battery alongside its specific snap (or clip).
- Ensure that this connection is firm, and won’t slip off when the device tapping the battery’s power is in use.
- By all means, avoid shorting the HW battery. This may damage the device you are connecting.
List of Top 10 Best HW Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. Generic Hi-Watt Long Life Zinc Carbon Battery
This is a pack of 5 HW battery cells. Ideal for use in toys, radios and other devices.
- This HW battery comes in ready to use state
- It offers a reliable 9-volt power supply
- The price for the entire package of 5 is quite low
- People who only need one battery cell may find this pack of 5 overwhelming
- Connecting the battery to the device (with the required specific battery clip) can at first be a challenge for some
2. AVS COMPONENTS Hi-Watt Battery
What you get here is a combo pack of 10 battery cells and their clip connectors. For each battery, the voltage is the standard 9 volts.
- These are usually long-service batteries
- Each unit in this pack comes with a clip connector for easy usage
- There is almost no risk of leaking and other spill hazards (thanks to its metal jacket)
- You only get to use this battery once (it can’t recharge)
- The connector clip may require delicate handling
3. Core Technologies Hi-Watt Long Life Battery
This is a solid rectangular high-capacity battery. The chemical inside it is mainly zinc carbon.
- Works with many electronic devices (as their source of power)
- It comes with a good and sturdy outer casing
- The battery discharges in a highly stable manner
- Responsible disposal after complete usage may not be easy
- Some may find the 4 HW batteries in this set too few
4. Samest 9v Hi-Watt Battery
These are 100% original batteries. They come in a pack of 10.
- This is a genuinely long-life battery
- The 10 cells you get in this pack can keep you going for a long amount of time
- These are highly versatile general-purpose batteries
- The total price for this 10 HW battery pack may be beyond some
- You have to use the batteries with a certain type of connecting snap only
5. Lab Junction 9 Volt Hi-Watt Battery
Available here are some 10 HW battery cells, sold as a set. Each has zinc carbon as the main chemical inside.
- The capacity for this battery is remarkably high
- A 10-battery pack like this can keep you going for a while, without needing to shop again
- These are easy to handle standard size HW batteries
- You can’t get to recharge this battery
- Disposal of used cells may amount to an environmental hazard
6. Pieces 9V Hi-Watt Battery with the Clip Connector
What you can expect to receive here is a set of 5 battery cells. The batteries come with a cap for connecting.
- Suitable for use even in projects that require quite a lot of battery power
- When you receive the battery, it is ready for immediate use
- Terminals have clear labels for easy connection
- Some may find this sort of (rectangular) battery too bulky
- The clip connector has a limited sturdiness
7. SunRobotics HW 9 Volt General Purpose Batteries
These are long-life HW batteries. What you receive here is a set of 10 cells.
- These are highly stable zinc carbon batteries
- They have a long shelf life (so that you receive them with still much power)
- The price is not too bad for a 10 HW batteries set
- Connecting (with the required clip) can at first be quite a challenge
- Discharge resistance (at 620 ohms) is quite high
8. MILLETS Zinc Carbon HW 9 volt Battery
This is a big set of 10 HW battery cells. Ideal for use in multi-meters, walkie-talkies, cordless mics and so on.
- Each battery has a strong metal jacket (which retains its utility)
- It takes a long to deplete each of these batteries if you use them normally
- The batteries keep on working well, even with huge temperature changes (different seasons)
- The batteries come in a rather basic box package
- You can’t use them unless you have a connector clip
9. AVS COMPONENT HW 9 Volt Battery Set
These are batteries in which the charge is stored in zinc-carbon. The set has 10 HW batteries.
- They are standard 9-volt batteries, which you can connect to power a wide array of devices
- They don’t give up any noxious emissions (being zinc carbon batteries)
- The 10 cells in this set should be enough even for people with higher needs
- Proper disposal (once the charge in these HW batteries runs out) can prove to be a slight challenge
- Exposure of these zinc carbon batteries to fire may lead to explosion hazards
10. HW Battery (with Battery Snapper)
In this package of HW batteries, you find some 5 cells. The potential difference for each of these HW batteries is 9 volts.
- They come ready for instant use (with a clip for connecting)
- The batteries have metal jackets, which make them quite sturdy
- These HW batteries come in packaging which meets basic standards
- Connecting with the provided snapper takes a bit of time
- Some may find the 5 pieces in this set too few for their longer-term needs
A proper HW battery can be a good, long-lasting source of electric current. This guide has the info to help you pick and purchase such a proper HW battery.
Which is the best HW battery?
One that is easy to connect to devices that require power from it, and has a good reliability rating.
What type of battery is HW battery?
It is a 9-volt zinc-carbon battery.
What is the cost of 1 HW battery?
HW battery price per unit should be about 33 Indian rupees, as a 10 unit pack averagely costs 329 Rupees.