HP is an American technology company. Hewlett and Packard established it in 1939. Its headquarters is in California, U.S.A. However, they operate in more than 170 countries. They are a leading PC manufacturer. In addition, they rank second in the world concerning PC sales. The HP company was split into Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and HP Inc. in 2015. Since then, HP Inc. manufactures printers, laptops, desktops, etc. On the contrary, HPE produces network-related equipment, servers, and many more.
Currently, HP is among the top three laptop brands in India. They offer phenomenal customer support. So, they topped the market share at 28.2% in 2020. As mentioned earlier, they make various models of all products and not just laptops. Moreover, various features suit different users. Most of the new laptops are coming with SSD Memory.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Asus Laptops, Toshiba Laptops, Laptops under 50000, HP Laptops, Lenovo Laptops, i5 Laptops, and Gaming laptops in India.
Top 10 Best HP Laptops in India-Buyers Guide
Features of an HP Laptops
- HP laptops have ample features. All the users may not need all the features, though. So, it is a little tedious to choose the best suitable laptop. As you can expect, each laptop has its pros and cons.
- It is important to look into the features before buying a laptop.
- Firstly, the performance of the laptop is a significant factor.
- RAM, processor, and storage capacity determine the performance.
- In addition, display quality and battery life are important.
- There are the latest versions of internal parts.
- For example, Thunderbolt 4 ports enable the fast transfer of data.
- However, it is not available in all models.
- The SD card reader is not available for all models.
- It’s the same with fingerprint readers.
- The sound clarity and ports are essential.
- They differ from model to model.
Types of HP Laptops
- HP PCs can be classified into six types.
- Firstly, there are laptops for everyday use.
- Then, comes the business desktops.
- Thirdly, on the list is the premium laptop.
- Fourth, comes the business laptops.
- In addition, there are gaming laptops, and finally comes Z workstations.
- Pavilion series of laptops are good for everyday use.
- Business desktops come in 5 different series.
- For example, Elite desktops and Z Desktops fall in this type.
- Similarly, there are 4 series in the premium laptop type.
- For instance, Envy and Spectre are popular premium laptops.
- Similar to business desktops, business laptops also are available in five series.
- Elite, Z, and Pro are examples of this type.
- Omen is the only series of gaming laptops from HP. Similarly, there is no series for Z laptops.
Buyers’ Guide for HP Laptops
There are few ways to deciding which laptop to buy.
- Firstly, if you are buying online, it is relatively easy. Filter the laptops based on high ratings. Then, filter the budget range. In addition, add filters for specific features, based on your need. Also, go through various user reviews. Finally, you will be able to choose the best laptop for you.
- The second approach is for customers to have a budget as their first priority. Initially, choose a laptop with the least price. It will certainly miss some features. So, go for the next higher-priced laptop on the list. Similarly, keep moving ahead till your maximum budget. Thus, you would have chosen the laptop ideal for you.
- However, if you can afford any budget, select the laptop with the highest price. Consider the laptop in the category, you like to use, though. Gaming laptops are the costliest. So, if you need a high-end laptop for everyday use, the highest price alone is the wrong filter.
- If you plan to purchase business laptops, there are many decisive factors. The needed software, number of laptops, overall budget, and so forth vary according to business.
- Finally, if you are a gamer, you are not spoilt for choices. There are only a couple of laptops in the Omen series.
How to use an HP Laptops
- It is exciting to buy a new laptop. Some issues can disappoint you initially, though.
- Usually, charging the battery takes longer for first use. There is nothing to worry about this long duration. It is advisable to fully charge it before use.
- Usually, the laptop companies install OS themselves in many models. However, if not, then you should install it first. Secondly, you should install at least one antivirus. Then, set a password for the laptop. These actions certainly help to keep your laptop secure.
- Everyone would buy a laptop for a specific purpose. It determines the software which should be installed. Install all of them, one after another. There is an important point to remember, though. Ensure that the date and time are correct, to avoid some software installation failures.
- Any laptop should be rightly maintained. It primarily includes applying OS patches. Secondly, update the antivirus definitions whenever there is one available. It’s is also a good practice to remove any unused software. Thus, the laptop performance would not degrade over time.
List of Top 10 Best HP Laptops in India- Buyers Guide
1. HP 14 Ultra 14s-cf3074TU Laptop
HP launched this ultra-thin model in September 2020. It is powered by an Intel i3-1005G1 processor. Windows 10 Home and MS Office are installed by default in this model.
- It is compact. Further, it weighs only 1.47 kilograms.
- The laptop is affordably priced for its features.
- A user-friendly design of the keyboard is a big plus.
- The track pad may not last long if used regularly. As an alternative, you could buy a mouse.
- The display quality can be improved.
2. HP 15 15s-fq2535TU Laptop
HP launched this new model in February 2021. The 11th Gen of Intel Core i5 processor powers this laptop. Windows 10 with MS Office are pre-installed.
- It has a great performance.
- Weighing 1.69 kilograms, it is easy to carry.
- The sound quality is admirable.
- A fingerprint scanner is not available to unlock the laptop.
- The keyboard is not backlit.
3. HP 14 DK0093AU Laptop
This is a relatively old model as it was launched in 2019 itself. AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor drives this laptop. Similar to the previous model, Windows 10 and MS Office are loaded by default.
- It boots very fast in four to six seconds.
- The display and build quality are notable.
- An 8GB RAM enables a seamless performance. Further, it is expandable.
- Similar to the previous model, a fingerprint scanner is not provided.
- The camera quality is average.
4. Pavilion x360 14-dh1178tu Laptop
This is a 2020 model. It comes with the 10th gen of Intel Core i3 processor. MS Office and Windows 10 are installed by default.
- It has a sleek design and so, it looks elegant. Further, it weighs only 1.58 kilograms.
- You need not worry about charging the battery for up to 5 hours of use.
- The fingerprint scanner is impressive.
- An inking pen is not provided though it is mentioned as available.
- Considering that it has an i3 processor only, the cost is high.
5. Pavilion 14-dv0054TU Laptop
HP launched this model in February 2021 only. It has the 11th gen of Intel Core i5 processor. In addition, the laptop is installed with Windows 10 Home OS and MS Office 2019 by default.
- The configuration is great for its price.
- It has an accurate and fast fingerprint reader.
- The quality of sound and keyboard is very good.
- The fan makes a noise at times. Further, you can observe the laptop getting heated when used for a long time.
- It has an average display quality.
6. Chromebook 14a-na0003TU
Priced relatively low, this is a 2020 model. This laptop uses an Intel Celeron N4020 processor. It comes with a pre-installed Chrome OS. However, it doesn’t have MS Office installed.
- This weighs just 1.46 kilograms. Hence, this laptop is a featherlight model.
- The battery charges quickly and discharges slowly.
- As mentioned earlier, it has Chrome OS. So, the start-up time is very low.
- The storage capacity is very low at 64GB. However, it is possible to expand it to 256GB.
- The quality of the web camera is not that good.
7. HP 15s-fr2006TU
HP launched this model also in February 2021. It comes with the 11th Gen of Intel Core i3 processor. Moreover, this laptop comes with Windows 10 and MS Office.
- The booting time and processing speeds are excellent.
- Five hours is the duration of the battery if used continuously.
- The display looks superb.
- The keyboard is not backlit.
- The build quality could have been better.
8. HP 15s-gr0011AU
HP launched this laptop in January 2021. Unlike previous models, it comes with AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor. Further, Windows 10 Home and MS Office 2019 are also pre-loaded.
- This is an apt choice for office work. Also, it suits students.
- The display quality is remarkable.
- The 1TB hard disk ensures enough storage.
- It takes a long time to boot up.
- There are chances of the laptop hanging if multiple applications are running at once.
9. HP 15s-gr0012AU
Similar to the above model, HP launched this model in January 2021, but at a different price. AMD Ryzen 3 3250U is the processor for this laptop. It comes with both Windows 10 and MS Office installed.
- A 1TB storage capacity is notable.
- The performance speeds are good.
- The camera is of fantastic quality.
- Backlighting the keyboard would have been a nice feature to add to this model.
- Though the performance is good, it is better not used for gaming. This is because the laptop gets heated.
10. HP Chromebook x360 12b-ca0010TU
This model was launched in 2020. Intel Celeron N4020 is the processor of the laptop. The laptop is pre-installed with Chrome OS. However, it misses MS Office.
- Similar to the Chromebook that was mentioned as the third one on the list, it is affordable.
- The touch screen is of wonderful quality.
- It suits anyone using it for basic purposes.
- The screen may flicker at times when watching videos.
- Similar to other models, a web camera is available but not great.
In a competitive market, HP is trying hard to maintain its eminence. HP unveiled new laptops in 2021. Similarly, they are likely to launch more products in the coming years. You can choose the best one in our top 10 list depending on what is a priority for you. It could be your budget, the laptop quality, the weight of the laptop, etc.
Is HP an Indian brand?
No, it is an American laptop brand. However, HP makes some of its products in India.
Which model is best for students?
Chromebook 14a-na0003TU would work well for students. It is on the assumption that they use only basic applications. Alternatively, students can buy Chromebook x360 12b-ca0010TU.
Do HP laptops come with any warranty and can it be extended?
Yes, HP laptops do have a warranty. However, the warranty period can be different for each model. In addition, there are options to extend the warranty. However, you would need to pay extra charges.
What is the price range of HP laptops?
The cheapest of the HP laptops is 26,890 INR. On the contrary, the costliest model costs 3,85,600 INR.