A highlighter pen is actually a variant of a felt-tip pen generally containing a water-based ink which is mainly used for marking a text. It generally uses a translucent color that is quite vivid and makes the text look bright and stand out, helping the reader to read such parts easily. Truly a highlighter pen is really popular with students as it makes the process of learning quite easier. Also, check the buyers guide for Oil Pastels, Glass paints, Spray paints, Makeup kits, Makeup Brush sets, Full-Length Mirrors, Foundation creams, Liquid Highlighter brands in India
Top 10 Best Highlighter Pens in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Highlighter Pen
- Highlighters generally come with smear-proof properties and dry up quite easily.
- It comes in different colors like orange, red, purple, blue, and green, helping to differentiate.
- This becomes refillable in certain cases.
- It does help to make information much more systematic, organized and readable.
- Today highlighters are available in various types, including a retractable felt tip or eraser at the opposite end.
- It comes with a proper casing that is clickable or with caps preventing it from drying.
- A proper highlighter also ensures zero shadows thereby making your text look neat and systematic.
Types of Highlighter Pens
Dry Pen Highlighter
- These have an applicator that applies a thin strip of highlighter tape instead of a felt tip.
- They are different from other highlighters as they are erasable.
Gel Pen Highlighter
- They contain a gel stick which is different from a felt tip.
- The gel used in such highlighters does not bleed on the paper, unlike other highlighter inks.
Liquid Pen Highlighter
- This comes in a range of colors, and they generally put more ink making words stand out than their other counterparts.
Wax Pen Highlighter
- These are very similar to crayons.
- However, they create an effect that resembles something in between ink as well as gel types.
- They dry up very fast and do not bleed well.
- They also possess the property that they can be sharpened once the edges are dulled out.
How to Use Highlighter Pen?
- First you need to choose a proper highlighter pen.
- A proper highlighter pen is really important, so when you make a choice, do make sure that you choose one which has proper smear-proof properties, the right tip, and the color that you prefer.
- It is always advisable that you limit your color palette.
- The second step is to pick up a topic or document you want to highlight.
- When you are first going through a topic, everything will seem to you important hence it is advisable that you use a highlighter when you are re-reading the topic.
- This will help you understand the most important points and help you highlight them accordingly.
- The third most important thing to remember is to try to always limit your color palette.
- We tend to use pen highlighters for various purposes.
- In some cases, we highlight essays, research papers, or a textbook in general.
- As long as you are highlighting a text for more than one reason, you should use different colors.
Buyer’s Guide for Highlighter Pen
- When you are choosing a highlighter a very important thing to consider is tip options.
- There are three types of highlighter pen tips, i.e., chisel, window as well as the bullet.
- The most common top is the chisel which has a flat edge and creates a fine line.
- Window tips are quite clear as you can literally see through them when your highlight them.
- The bullet tips, on the other hand, are rounded.
- So, choose one properly. Another important consideration is to consider the type of highlighter ink.
- There are four main types of highlighter inks: alcohol-based, gel-based, wax-based, and water-based.
- Among these, the most popular is the water-based highlighter pen.
- Also, make sure that the highlighter you choose is within your budget so that the price you pay is justifiable.
List of Top 10 Best Highlighter Pens in India-Buyers Guide
1. The Swing Cool Highlighter Pen Pastel-STABILO
It comes in a pack of six assorted colors and provides 4 hours of dry-out protection.
- The Highlighter Pen highlights text in fancy pastel colors
- It uses water-based ink and has a 4-hours dry out
- It is a pocket-sized highlighter hence easy to carry
- A major con is that they are not erasable
- Also, it does not work on a light board
2. Liquid Highlighters Chisel Tip-Sharpie
It comes in a range of 10 assorted colors and provides visible ink supply alerts
- It possesses a versatile loop, ensuring that you never lose it.
- It comes with a chisel tip that helps you to highlight and underline.
- The ink supply is visible, so you never run out of supply.
- The price is a bit on the higher side
- The ink sometimes causes a bit of smudging.
3. NC5 Midliner- Zebra Highlighter
It is a mild highlighter and comes in a calm mild 5 color set.
- Proper for bullet journaling
- Calligraphy made easy
- Possess double-sided feature is available
- Bleed sometimes if you use it over the same text two times.
- It is a bit pigmented
4. Pastel Job Highlighter Pen- Schneider
It comes in a range of 6 assorted colors, chisel tip and possess waterproof capabilities
- Possess fade and light resistant properties
- It has a longer shelf life
- Bit Expensive than local highlighters
5. Soft Color Erasable Highlighter- Pilot Frixion
It comes in a range of 6 erasable highlighter pen sets and possesses smear-proof properties.
- Erasable highlighter with a special rubber end so as to rub the sensitive ink
- It comes in a diverse and wide range of colors like Pink, Violet, Blue, and Orange
- If highlighting an already highlighted script may smudge
- Dryer than normal highlighter pen hence may dry up quickly
6. Text liner Pastel Highlighter Pen- Faber Castell
It includes 2 yellow and 6 pastel color highlighter and contains water based universal ink
- Set of unique and cute pastel colors
- Smooth and glides on paper very well
- It can be used on 3-line widths: 1mm, 2mm, and 5mm
- Bleeds through if highlighted portions are re-highlighted
7. Classic Highlighter Pen Set- Staedtler
It has large ink reservoir possessing the ability for extra long highlighting performance and has an ultra-soft chisel tip
- High-capacity ink reservoir so your pen gives you long performance
- Very fast drying
- Unique colors
- Does bleed and smears to a very minimal context
- May dry up a bit faster
8. Mini Highlighter Pen Set- Edding
It comes in a set of 4 colors and is ideal for travel purposes. Uses water based ink thereby preventing smudging.
- Travel size
- Bright neon colors
- It can be used for both highlighting and underlining
- It can be difficult to take the caps off
- It is a bit small; hence the longevity is less
9. Double-Sided Highlighter Pen-Uni Propus
It is a double sided highlighter pen and comes in a range of 5 soft color set.
- Unique colors
- Dual tip for a greater number of uses
- A see-through window on nib to see what is being highlighted
- It might not be noticeable sometimes due to its light color
- Sometimes streaks may be visible if it’s used continuously.
10. Assorted Highlighter Pen- ColourHide My Designer
It comes in a pack of six colors and possess 4 hours anti-dry time with a proper chiseled tip.
- Cap fits perfectly on the back of the pen, so you won’t lose it
- The body design makes grip easy and comfortable
- Can keep the cap off for 4 hours without worrying for it to dry
- Tip quality is not as good as other highlighters.
- Sometimes have a tendency to smear
A proper highlighter comes up with smear-proof properties and will help you underline and mark your text with ease. Hence when you are shopping for a good quality highlighter, you would definitely find the information in the guide quite useful.
Which highlighter pen is best?
A highlighter pen that is smear-proof, has higher longevity and comes in a wide range of colors.
How does a highlighter pen work?
Highlighter pens can be used just like normal pens. If it’s a retractable highlighter pen, you open the cap or click a button to activate it, then glide it over the text you wish to highlight. You can use it for highlighting important documents, essays and research topics.
What is the cost of 1 highlighter?
The cost of one highlighter generally starts from Rs 20 per piece and the price of a packet of Five ranges from 2000 to 1000 rupees