High ankle shoes are a type of shoe. They come under apparel and are for clothing and fashionable purposes. These types of shoes have a length that approximately reaches the ankle of the person wearing them. They envelop the wearer’s ankle. A common athletic shoe, especially for basketball, is high ankle boots. They are easy to mix up with the shorter mid-top shoes, which usually don’t go past the wearer’s ankle.
High ankle shoes come in a variety of styles and ways to wear. For instance, some have laces, while others are simple slip-on. Although high ankle boots with laces are more comfortable, they grip the ankle with more certainty than other types of shoes. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Crocs sandals for Women, white sneakers for Women, Bata shoes for women, Sparx running shoes, running shoes, Puma Running Shoes, Nike shoes, Lotto shoes for men, Lee Cooper shoes, Bata shoes, Metro Shoes, Lotto Shoes, Stockings for Winter, winter shoes, Boots for Men, HRX Shoes & Mochi Shoes, etc.
High ankle shoes are not quite as formal as brogues, but it’s still a step up from a sneaker. The high ankle allows a great deal of adaptability. These boots use Suede or leather as the manufacturing material. The texture is very classy and adds a touch of elegance and interest when added to a casual look. Darker shades of the boots add elegance, whereas a lighter shade may be preferred for a casual look.
When talking about ankle boots, there are lots of different types of boots to wear. Depending on the type, they can add a bit of sophistication or rebellious ruggedness to your look.
Top 10 Best High Ankle Shoes in India-Buyers Guide
Features of High Ankle Shoes
There are many features of ankle-high boots. Fashion is one of them, but it is not the only one.
- The sole of the shoe is the part that takes the most abuse daily. Any synthetic material such as rubber or leather comes into use to make the sole. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
- It is up to the person to decide which sole is best and most comfortable for the person.
- There are many features of the sole, that people should look out for. The breathability of the sole is important to the health of the feet. Sustainability is also an important feature as consideration of the environment is important.
- The sole is essential in deciding the time period the shoes are worn. Hence, a comfortable sole is important.
- Welt is also an important feature of an ankle-length shoe. A welt is where the outsole attaches to the rest of the boot. All shoes have welts but differ in construction.
- For instance, some welts run along the length of the shoe on the perimeter. Other types of welts bend upwards and around the sole, creating a seal.
- An important feature of the shoe is the manufacturing material of the shoe. Boots mostly use high-quality leather which is sturdy and durable. However, over time wrinkles can appear on the shoe due to the leather.
- Full-grain leather is a common choice for leather ankle boots. However, top-grain, genuine, and bonding also come into use.
Types of High Ankle Shoes
- Fashionable ankle boots are just that. For fashion and style. They put the most amount of concentration into the details of the boot on the outer side so that they look good.
- Shoes are a fall must-have since they go with everything. They are worn with a scarf around your neck, jeans, and coats. They look great with any casual wear including, button-ups, and cardigan-and-tee combos. When you’re heading out to dinner with pals, wear them with a pair of jeans.
- Classic rain boots are more made for functionality, than fashion. An immense amount of attention is paid to the material of the boots and the stitching. This is done to make sure they are water-resistant and protect feet from the rain.
- Rain boots are being reinvented with fashionable accents. They go well with denim jeans. When the weather is damp, layer them over jeans and accessorize them with a favorite coat. They also go well with black outfits.
- Rugged hiking boots are a very good option when hiking or trekking. They are designed with rough usage in mind and because of this reason, they last very long. They are very durable and are made to deal with tough conditions and unpredictable weather.
Buyer’s guide for High Ankle Shoes
There are a few important things to consider when looking to buy ankle-length boots.
- Consider the style of the shoe. Ankle-length boots for men are a highly lucrative type of shoe and are mostly known for the style and elegance that they add to an outfit. So it doesn’t matter if the boots are of very high quality if they aren’t appealing to the eyes.
- To avoid falling into a too generic style, always go for timeless classic pieces.
- Consider the material of the shoe. Most known is the leather material, however, leather is of many types.
- Consider real leather rather than synthetic ones. Real leather lasts longer, whereas synthetic wear out faster and reduces the shoe’s breathability.
- The sole of the shoe is another important matter to consider. Rubber soles, although water-resistant can be hard and uncomfortable for long day wear.
List of Top 10 Best High Ankle Shoes in India-Buyers Guide
1. Tiger Men’s High Ankle Leopard Steel Toe Safety Shoes
Black synthetic, grain leather High Ankle safety shoes. The high-quality leather and classic design of the shoes make them good for everyday use.
- The shoes are comfortable
- It is a good product
- It is well-built and durable
- Quality is not long-lasting
- Shoe size may differ
2. Neosafe Helix, High Ankle Black Safety Shoes
Heat and acid-resistant black shoes for industrial workers. It is made from Grain Leather with breathable functionality.
- Comfortable shoes
- They are lightweight
- Good for rough use like carpentry and use for public transport.
- They are very hard, maybe heavy for some people
- Because of hardness, not very comfortable
3. Flooristo Funky Ankle-High Neck Sneakers Casual Boots
Shock absorbing, rubber-soled shoes with padding for comfort and long-wear properties. The shoes are high-neck sneakers weighing about 820 grams.
- Worth the money
- Has good quality
- Excellent sneakers at the current price point
- Color may be a bit bright than shown.
- The shoe restricts ankle movement
4. Agarson Dual DensityAnkle Gum Boots
The base is made of PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) which has a round toe on the front and smooth finishing to give a sleek look to the shoe. It has a fabric lining.
- It is water-proof.
- Due to the sole, the shoe does not skid.
- The shoe is heavy and stable.
- Size could differ according to person.
- It is not long-lasting.
5. Freacksters Men’s Chelsea Boots
Contemporary classy pair of boots made for comfort and style. Featuring leather as the inside material and Suede as the outside, the boots are for ease of use and a classic vibe.
- Made to look good.
- Resistant to rain
- They are comfortable
- It is not durable, not long-lasting
- Size differs according to each person
6. Shoe Island Men’s Dance Boot
Angle-length, white lightweight sneakers with a streak of gold across the side for a normal, casual day in the sun.
- Good quality shoes
- Made for a casual look.
- Has a good fit, according to each person.
- Not for everyday use
- It is not resistant to water or acid.
7. Liberty Warrior Combat Military Men’s Boots
Polyurethane sole, Shock Absorbing, Acid Resistant, black combat boots with excellent qualities and durable in every weather.
- Lightweight, especially with so many features.
- Good style, fashionable.
- Value for money
- Permanent loops make it more time-consuming to tie up laces.
- Not made for daily use
8. Red Tape Men’s Leather Outdoor Boots
Lace leather black boots, with 90 days of warranty and a (thermoplastic rubber) sole. This pair of shoes is made for elegance and style.
- Good quality shoes
- The shoes are very sturdy
- They are nice and stylish
- Shoe gets wrinkles after some time as they are made of leather.
- Quiet difficult to break into new shoes.
9. Allen Cooper High Ankle Leather Boots
Zip and lace, stylish, brown boots for elegant wear. The leather boots are durable and non-slip for comfort and style.
- Good for people with broad toes.
- Has excellent stitching, tough good quality stitches.
- Quality is good, long-lasting
- Makes squeaking sounds on the polished floor.
- Colour of the shoes is different from what is shown.
10. Bogg Man Shop Men’s Suede Leather Lace-up High Ankle Casual Sneaker
Ankle-length shoes for men, made of polyvinyl chloride sole which does not slip and adds many desirable qualities to the shoe.
- Shoe has a good finishing
- Reasonable price for a good design
- The shoes are very comfortable.
- The shoe is not heavy, so not steady.
- Quality is not long-lasting, so is not made for everyday use.
High ankle shoes come in a variety of styles. A lot of reasons foster these differences between shoes. When looking for a High ankle shoe, this guide may prove to be very helpful.
What are high ankle shoes called?
High ankle sneakers are known as High tops. High ankle boots are known as Gumboots. Other known varieties are Chelsea boots, paddock boots, and rain boots.
Which is the best High ankle shoe?
One cannot narrow down the best kind of ankle shoe, as they depend on the preference of the individual. A variety of factors can influence the best type, for instance, the material used (leather is high quality), the sole, comfort, and style.
What is the price of the high ankle shoe?
The price of ankle shoes varies according to the type of manufacturing. The price is 3000 rupees, for high-quality ankle shoes. A simple ankle shoe is in the price range of 500 to 1000 rupees.