A heat sealing machine is used to close up space between two layers of packaging material. With this, no one can open the package without causing damage. It also provides protection and security for a product because nothing can go out or in through the sealed part. As long as the seal is intact, contaminants and foreign substances can not enter the package.
The prerequisites of a good seal are heat, pressure, and the quality of the packaging material. Without one of these, the seal would turn out poor. In the machine, the packaging material receives heat and pressure to form a seal.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Lamination Machines, Printers, Paper shredders, Staple Pins, staple guns, Tape Dispensers in India.
Top 10 Best Heat Sealing Machines in India
Features of Heat Sealing Machine
It consists of different features and parts that make them efficient.
- There are however three prerequisites for having a perfect seal; the quality of the packaging material, heat, and pressure.
- Heat and pressure are the components of a heat sealing machines.
- The portion of the material to be sealed is placed on the sealing bar or wire in the sealing machine; sealing bar for the constant heat type and sealing wire for impulse type.
- The machine is then closed and left for some seconds.
- Heat and pressure are applied to produce a seal at this point.
- The length of time in which the packaging material is left is dependent on its thickness.
- That is, the thicker the packaging material, the more time it would spend in the machine and vice versa.
Types of Heat Sealing Machine
There are two types of sealing machines: impulse and constant.
- It works in impulses.
- They work with a sealing wire that heats up for a period, stops, and heats up again.
- This is because it uses a low voltage heating wire which heats up momentarily.
- This means that it doesn’t use up energy continuously.
- It works like an electric iron which also performs like that.
- The wire heats for certain seconds and then cools off.
- As the wire cools, the pressure remains on the part of the packaging material to be sealed and a seal is formed.
- With an impulse sealer, you can only make flat seals that close up the product and prevent leakage.
- It works differently from the impulse type.
- Right after its warm-up for virtually eight minutes, the machine is ready for use.
- It works with sealing bars that are continually heated, therefore, it uses energy continuously.
- It has temperature controls that enable you to choose from a range of temperatures as is required for the kind of packaging material.
- You can make flat seals and additionally, ridged seals that are more adherent against contaminants.
- The choice of your sealing machine and seal is dependent on the kind and size of the packaging material and the product involved.
Buyers Guide for Heat Sealing Machine
- Sealing machines are present in different sizes, colours, and types.
- The first thing you need to note is the type of packaging material you need.
- The next thing to note is the type of heat sealing machines you need.
- There are two types: impulse & constant.
- They work exactly as their name indicates.
- The impulse heat sealing machines work and heat up momentarily.
- This is because they use low-voltage heating wires that allow you to get the desired temperature for sealing.
- As the wire cools, the machine maintains the pressure to form the seal.
- The constant sealing machine heats up continuously.
- It is more manually controlled than an impulse sealing machine which usually only has ‘on and off buttons’.
- With constant heat sealers, you control the temperature and hold on to the seal for as long as is necessary.
- Constant heat sealers are better for thicker sealing because the temperature can be manipulated as required by the packaging material.
- The next thing to note is the size of the sealer you need. Select a sealing machine whose width is 20- 50 mm broader than the packaging.
- This ensures that the packaging fits and isn’t extending over the machine.
- Lastly, the sealing machine price.
- Sealing machine price varies depending on the brand, size, and quality.
- Make sure to choose quality and affordability.
How to use the Sealing Machine?
- Sealing machines use pressure and heat to close up space between two layers of packaging material.
- They protect the integrity of the product so that the package can not be opened without damaging the seal.
- They also protect the product during transport and conserve it.
- This is why ‘if the seal is broken, do not buy’ is usually written on the precaution of some products.
- Sealing machines have a sealing bar or wire which heats up.
- At the point of the sealing bar or wire, the packaging is placed into the machine and it is closed.
- The length of time in which the package stays in the machine is dependent on the kind of packaging material.
- That is, if the packaging material is a thick one, it would spend a long time in the machine than a thinner one.
List of Top 10 Heat Sealing Machine in India
Below are the top 10 sealing machines
1. JUNKYARD 8″ inches Hand Heat Sealing Packaging Machine Impulse Sealer
This red heat sealing machine is basic and simple to use.
1.Is affordable and easily accessible.
2.Is easy to use.
1.Metal casing may cause electric shock.
2. Ekavir 8″ Inches Hand sealing machine for Plastic pouch packing Table Top Heat Sealer (8 inches 200 mm)
This sealing machine is standard and affordable.
1.Easy to use
1.It lacks a proper guide on how to use the machine.
3. JD9 12 inches Premium Range Metal Heavy Duty Heat Sealer Machine
This off-white machine is easily accessible.
1.Is simple and easy to use.
2.Various kinds of plastic bags can be sealed with them.
1.It can use improvement.
4. TRADEMATIC Enterprise Premium 12 inches Heavy-Duty Heat Sealer
This machine is off-white and easy to use.
- Is made of good plastic.
2. Is easy to use.
- A pressing bar lock is absent.
- Beep or buzz to signify the end of sealing is absent.
5. Zegel Hand Operated Sealing Machine 12 Inch
This hand-operated sealing machine is easy to use.
1.Is simple to navigate and use.
1.It needs quality improvement.
6. TECHTEST Corslet Heat Sealing Machines for Plastic Bag
This machine is simple and may come in different colours.
1.Is easy to use
1.It needs all-around improvement.
7. Galaxy Sealing Machine 12 Inch Hand Hald Heat Sealer for Plastic Packing(300Mm), Plastic Body with Repair Kit
This appliance is easy to find and also easy to use.
1.Is accessible and handy
1.Requires an improved heater element.
8. Corslet Hand Table Top Pouch Plastic Packaging Machines Sealing Machine Heat Sealer (8 Inch, Blue)
This device is easy to use and is affordable.
1.Is easy to utilize.
1.It requires an enhanced quality for it to last longer.
9. Sepack Delta V2 Hand Held Heat Sealer 8″
This sealing machine price is affordable and easily accessible.
- Is cost-friendly.
- Is handy and easy to handle.
1.It requires enhanced quality.
10. L1F3 Hand Table Top Heat Sealer Machine for Plastic Pouch Packing (8 INCH)
This machine is small and is also the most affordable among these 10.
- This sealing machine price is inexpensive.
- Is basic and easy to use.
1.It needs quality improvement.
Heat sealing machines are affordable and come in different sizes. Handy sizes are even available for home use to keep an opened packaging closed and the content fresh.
How do I fix my sealing machine?
Most often, sealing machines can be fixed with a screwdriver by yourself. You only need to find out what the problem is exactly and research on troubleshooting exercises for it.
If it is beyond your expertise, seek an expert.
What is the cost of electric sealing machines?
The cost of electric sealing machines ranges from 1300- 3500 INR and above.
How do you seal plastic bags?
Other than using heat sealing machines, you can use other ways to seal plastic bags.
You need a host device. It can be a pressing iron, flat iron or a hot knife. Use tin foil to protect the plastic bag from burning and to transfer heat to the plastic.
Cover the part of the packaging material you want to seal with tin foil and place the hot device on it.