HDMI to VGA converter is now using Many people find their laptop screens or tablet space very small to do any task. They often hurt our eyes. Do you remember when you wanted to connect your laptop to a projector? It might have been for a presentation display or some other work. We have those days where we want to work on a bigger screen. Check the buyers guide for the Best VGA to AV converter, OTG Cable & OTG Pendrives in India.
Whether it be working on a spreadsheet or watching movies, a bigger screen is always a good idea. A bigger monitor or a projector is a great idea. But most of the laptops nowadays have an HDMI port while those old monitors and projectors have a VGA port. So many people find it difficult to connect the two. But an HDMI to VGA converter cable is the solution.
Top 9 Best HDMI to VGA converter online in India
Features of HDMI to VGA converter
The main motive of an HDMI to VGA converter is to allow you to work on bigger screen space.
- VGA is an outdated technology. Nowadays, most devices come with an HDMI connection.
- But if you want to use an old monitor or a projector, you will require this converter.
- It is because you won’t be left with many options to facilitate your connection.
- HDMI to VGA cable converts the signal from HDMI to the VGA interface.
- Most of these converters come with an audio output.
- VGA doesn’t have an audio output system.
- So this is a perk of using an HDMI to VGA converter.
- It allows you to connect your device to most of the other devices that aren’t compatible otherwise.
- Some converters have an external chip as well. It improves the display resolution.
Types of converter
As it is just a cable, you can’t be expecting a huge range of varieties in it. However, some of the differences exist in all of the converters. It is based on the production company.
- Mainly, there are male and female type converters.
- Some types are compatible with certain models of monitors and projectors.
- While some of them are compatible with almost everything.
- Most of the cables nowadays support audio.
- That means they can transfer audio and video signals at the same time.
- But there are some which don’t provide audio output.
- Besides these, certain companies add some additional features.
- Some of them use an external chip to enhance the resolution of the display.
Buyer’s Guide of HDMI to VGA converter
Many people have confused regarding which converter to purchase. So there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. The kind of HDMI to VGA converter you need to buy depends on the model of your device. Various cables will or won’t be compatible with your device. So, first of all, you need to make sure that the cable works well with the model of your device. The HDMI to VGA cable converts your HDMI content to VGA. And VGA usually doesn’t have an audio output.
So, if you want an audio output as well, select the specialized one that provides audio output. Or else you might just end up wasting your money. If your computer has a retina display or you want an enhanced display resolution, go for the one with an additional chip. Some of the companies provide it too. Go for a converter that supports HDCP if you want to connect your device to a DVD player. Select one that is affordable for you. But before purchasing any converter, make sure to read all of its features. You should always read a review of the product before buying it so that you won’t regret it later.
How does it work?
HDMI to VGA converter can be very helpful to you if you love working on larger screen space. Whether it is gaming or binge-watching a movie, it can help all. It is very simple to use as well. There is no involvement of any drive.
- You just need to connect the cables and your job’s done. There’s nothing much to know about the working of an HDMI to VGA cable converter.
- It is just like a bridge.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your laptop and the VGA to the monitor or projector.
- Then plug in the other part of both into the connector.
- This allows you to view your HDMI content on a larger display.
- It can be helpful for you to edit your videos or presentations.
- HDMI to VGA Cable is a one-way cable.
- It can convert HDMI to VGA.
For VGA to HDMI, you should get yourself a VGA to HDMI converter.
Top 9 List HDMI to VGA Converter Cable
1. Terabyte HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable
It is a nice affordable converter.
- It has a built-in integrated IC chip.
- There are no issues like degraded resolution or lag of response or colour shift.
- It doesn’t have an audio output.
2. PremiumAV HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable
It is a general non-reversible cable.
- It offers great picture quality.
- Usage during lightening will damage the only cable, not your device.
- It is not compatible with many models of devices.
3. PiBOX India Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Adapter (Male to Female)
It is a highly compatible converter.
- The gold plated HDMI connector prevents corrosion making it more durable.
- It has a warranty for 15 months.
- Though it is compatible with a huge range of products, it doesn’t support Blu-ray players and devices with low HDMI ports.
4. Priefy HDMI to VGA 1080P Video Converter Adapter Cable (Male to Female)
It is a basic compact adapter.
- It has a high range of device compatibility.
- The converter is costly.
5. PremiumAV HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable
The names of the first product and this one are the same. But the products are different. It is a simpler version with a shorter cable.
- It is affordable and gives nice value for money.
- The display quality is also okay.
- It uses power from the device that you connect it to. So, make sure to not connect it to a low power device.
6. Xmate HDMI to VGA Cable with Audio
It is a nice durable converter.
- It has an audio cable that provides audio output.
- The adapter is made up of ABS, copper, and PVC. Thus it is a durable product.
- It is not so good for play stations and gaming. It is mostly not compatible with ps3.
7. Market Affairs HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter
It is a nice portable converter.
- It provides an audio output with a 3.5mm audio jack.
- The display resolution is great.
- It is slightly costly.
8. PremiumAV HDMI to VGA Cable Adapter
- The display quality is very good.
- The device compatibility range is not that good.
9. Mysail HDMI to VGA Male to Female Video Converter Adapter Cable
- It provides a great quality of the wire.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry too.
- The price is slightly costly. Adding an audio output could be considered.
HDMI to VGA converters can be helpful to you. They can help you use your old monitor and give you a better display experience. You can have multiple screens on your home with the help of an HDMI to VGA cable. It can enhance your experience of watching movies. Working on a screen can be easier with the help of an HDMI to VGA converter. It provides you with a wide range of features. All in all, getting yourself an HDMI to VGA converter is a good idea if you want a bigger screen space.
Our HDMI to VGA adapters good?
Yes, they are great if you want to connect your device to any other device. It can help you use devices that wouldn’t be compatible otherwise.
Is HDMI to VGA the same as VGA to HDMI?
No, these are one-way cables. An HDMI to VGA Cable doesn’t work for VGA to HDMI.
Why is my HDMI to VGA adapter not working?
There can be many possibilities for this. Mostly, this happens when your device is not compatible with the adapter. Or sometimes it can happen due to the settings of your device as well. Check your settings.
Can I connect my VGA monitor to an HDMI port?
Yes, that is what these converters are made for.
How do I fix my HDMI to VGA converter?
Check your device settings first and foremost. If they seem fine to you, then check the cable of your converter. There are chances that your cable has been damaged if your converter is old.
How do I enable my VGA port?
To enable your VGA port, go to the control panel of your device settings. Firstly, click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then on ‘Connect to an external display’. Then from the display, select the VGA monitor and click ‘OK’. Your work is done.