Where there are doors, there are door handle locks. This overlooked item in our homes can come in various types and functions. Handle locks have different designs and configurations depending on the kinds of doors as well as security needs. Simply put, handle locks close and lock doors in place so they won’t open. The common types of handle locks use latching or locking systems. We will look at the different kinds of handle locks, how they work, and which are the best handle locks for your needs. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best fingerprint locks, digital locks, and Godrej Lockers in India.
Top 10 Best Handle Locks in India
Features of Handle Locks
- These locks are sold with various components, which include the handle.
- Next, you have the locking mechanism, which has a variety of designs.
- You have the plates and screws to fix to the door.
- Lastly, you have the key set to lock and unlock the mechanism.
- The metal quality can vary between different handle locks.
- Some are an alloy of various metals, while others can be made of iron or steel.
- Additionally, some brands can even come in plastic construction.
Types of Handle Locks
- Firstly, you get padlocks that are keyed or use combination locks.
- Next, you get deadbolts which come in two variations: single cylinder and double cylinder.
- However, you also get a third kind called the lockable thumb-turn, which combines a single and double cylinder.
- Then, you get lever handle locks used in commercial buildings.
- Knob locks are common in private property.
- You also get Mortise locks which use rim cylinders.
- Furniture locks are used in sliding doors.
- Lastly, you get cam locks which are used for mailboxes, cabinets, and so forth.
Buyers Guide for Handle Locks
- Choosing the best handle lock means knowing what security you want, including the type of door used.
- Starting with the door, you will need to measure the backset.
- This is the distance between the edge of the doors to the knob.
- Also, you need to measure the cross bore and the thickness of the door.
- For the locking mechanism, you need to pick the type which suits your needs.
How does Handle Lock work?
- Handle locks are functional pieces of machinery.
- When you add force to the handle when pulling down on it, the latch bolt moves and opens the door.
- As the latch is spring-loaded, it will return to position when you let go of the handle.
List of Top 10 Best Handle Locks in India-Buyers Guide
1. Atom Mortise Door Handle Set
The Atom range of locks is high quality providing excellent home security. This handle lock comes with the door handle, spindle, three sets of keys, installation screws, and a side cram.
- This handle lock is made from high-quality iron
- It has an anti-corrosion coating
- The handle has a comfortable grip
- Handle does not fit all hands well
- The note-latch may be in reverse without an open lock
2. Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems ELC 06-6
Godrej handle locks are made from high-quality Mazak steel. The design is functional and sleek and works best for interior doors.
- Godrej Handle Door Lock is made from quality and robust Mazak steel
- It contains a mechanism to help against corrosion
- This product comes with a one-year warranty
- This handle lock has to be locked from both sides
- Not suitable for outside door use
3. Wintop Lapo Mortise Door Handle Set
Here we have a superior quality rose mortise handle made by Wintop. The construction is from a zinc alloy in a stylish matt finish.
- This handle lock uses pin cylinder technology which improves its security features.
- The handle is durable and comfortable to use
- It comes with a replaceable plate in the set
- The handle lock can’t withstand corrosive liquids
- The product has an expensive price tag
4. Spider Steel Keyless Handle Lock
For those who have little ones to look after, this baby latch handle lock from Spider Steel will do the job. It is perfect for bathrooms and bedrooms.
- This is perfect for baby security
- It comes complete with a spindle, installation screws, and keyless lock
- It is an affordable price
- It does not come with an auto-lock function
- It is not made from steel, only a steel coating
5. Lapo Key Mortise Handle Lock Set
Lapo Key Mortise lockset is a premium product. This handle lock comes with an improved matt finish and utilizes pin cylinder technology.
- This makes use of pin cylinder technology
- It has well-crafted handles for durability
- It comes with a three-year warranty
- This handle lock is an expensive product
- It does not have an anti-corrosion coating
6. Shrida Udyog Curve Steel Mortise Handle Lock
Here we have a well-made Shrida Udyog handle lock from high-quality materials.
- It has a durable build quality
- This product is competitively priced
- It comes with a 500-day warranty
- It is not suitable for outdoor use
- This handle does not have corrosion protective coasting
7. Harmonus Mortise Door Handle Lock
Another top-quality baby latch, the Harmonus handle to lock has a study baby latch mechanism.
- This is made of a high-quality zinc alloy for durability
- It is suitable for all residential door types
- It has a comfortable handle design
- It does not come with a lock
- It is not suitable for exterior door use
8. ZERO ERROR® Handle Lock
Zero Error® build exceptional handle locks worth the name. This handle lock is made from premium iron with an anti-corrosion coating.
- It features an anti-corrosion coating, including oil resistance treatment
- This has a double-action lock mechanism
- It has an easy to operate handle
- It is slightly more expensive than competing brands
- It does not come with a warranty
9. IPSA SS10 SS304 Handle Lock Set
The IPSA is a sturdy mortise handle lock made from rust-resistant steel.
- It is made from rust-resistant steel
- The design is simple
- It comes with an extensive seven-year warranty
- It is expensive compared to other brands
- It only comes with one side handle
10. Ara India Rose Mortise Door Handle Lock
The Ara India range of handle locks is a class-leading product made for durability and premium security.
- This door lock is made from quality zinc alloys
- It utilizes the latest in pin cylinder technology
- This product has a five-year warranty.
- It does not have an anti-corrosion coating
- Compared to other products, it comes at a high price
The choices are numerous for handle locks. There are different handle locks to suit a variety of doors, security needs, and home décor. Take care when choosing the best handle lock to meet your needs.
How do you drill out a handle lock?
To start with, you must test the fit drill fit in the cylinder. Next, you lock the drill bit in place. Then, you start drilling and increase the drill speed until you remove the lock from the door.
What is the price range of a handle lock?
Te handle locks can start as low as 500 INR. The most expensive handle locks can cost over 2200 INR.
Which is the best handle lock?
The best handle lock will depend on what your needs are and the type of door you have. The best is the Zero Error® range of handle locks