Hand grippers are similarly known as grippers. This simple tool assists in exercising the hands as it has a torsion spring fitted well between two holds. The handles of the gripper are made from wood, steel, aluminium or plastic. The steel of different forms makes up the spring.
Olden days hand grippers were mostly made from wood and were relatively simple for people with the strength to close. The hand grippers vary according to strength, from the weakest to the strongest. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Foam Rollers & Exercise Cycles in India.
When using, one hand of the hand gripper holds both handles until they meet. Consequently, when they meet, you free the handles and redo the action.
The use of hand grippers will help in building your fingers separately as a result, enhancing your skill.
Top 10 Best Hand Gripper for Exercise in India
Features of Hand Gripper
- The hand gripper tool comes with different handle materials, as they are made from plastic, aluminium, steel or wood.
- The wooden handle meanwhile is very common during the 20th century.
- The handles or holds are useful for grasping the hand gripper tool.
- After gripping, there’s a continuous movement of the gripper with the aid of the torsion spring.
- The spring present in the gripper tool, however, connects both handles of the gripper.
- It is produced by different kinds of steel.
- Their measurements vary depending on the model.
- Therefore, making available grippers for everyone regardless of the person’s strength.
- The hold of good hand gripper devices should be made such that it doesn’t slip from the hand when exercising.
- The handle should be made to fit well thereby, enabling a better grip.
Types of Hand Grippers
We have 2 main types of hand grippers.
Fixed hand gripper
- No adjustment is allowed as the resistance level has been set at a certain state.
Adjustable hand gripper
- This allows for easy customisation according to hour strength.
- It is very appropriate for beginners.
However, hand grippers fall into three categories namely:
- This type of grippers is formed around a twine of metal substance.
- The grasping movement stiffens the twine, after which it gets back to its former state.
- For example, the Kootek tool.
- They have holds set apart by a hinge and connected by a spring.
- For instance, the Luxon strengthener.
- They make room for fingers to be pressed separately and are built around a formation of springs.
- For example, the grip master series.
Buyer’s guide – Hand Grippers
Rushing to buy a gripper isn’t good enough as you may end up buying one which isn’t suitable for you. You need to look out for some certain qualities before purchase. The qualities to be looked out for has been outlined below.
Kind of material used
- Hand grippers are made of different kinds of materials ranging from plastics to metals.
- Those made from plastics or rubber are not as long-lasting as those made from metals.
- However, they are more adaptable.
Design of the hand gripper
- Design is also important as they determine what you want in a grip strengthener.
- Some are designed in an “A” shape, while some are made to look like the trigger of a gun.
- Whichever design, it all depends on your preferences and the kind of exercise you want to perform.
Comfort and size
- There are varying sizes of grip strengtheners, therefore, you would want to consider the product specifications.
- For better comfort, grip strengtheners with padded holds are advisable.
- Metal handles don’t usually have padded holds, but they help in improving your savage force.
- If you’re a beginner, it is advisable to purchase an adjustable grip strengthener, as it allows for better customization.
- Adjustable grip strengtheners save you money as you don’t need to keep buying new strengtheners as your hands become stronger.
How to use Hand Grippers?
- So many persons go to the gym to work out, but only a little attention is given to the fingers.
- As little as they seem, they’re important for daily life activities.
- Therefore, to strengthen your grip, grip strengtheners will help you in achieving that aim.
- If you want to make use of a hand gripper, you grasp both handles using the right holding technique.
- The two holds are then pressed firmly together till they meet.
- The hands should be pressed firmly for better output.
- Each of the hand grippers is best to use according to their gripping functions.
- That is why it is important to purchase the gripping device most suitable for your specific need.
- When performing gripping exercises with the gripping tools, only the hands should move.
- Do not bend your arm or any other body part just for extra strength.
- This changes the purpose of the exercise.
- As you’re using the hand gripping tool, ensure you breathe well.
- Take in enough oxygen.
- You must not start with high pressure, start slow, then you can increase your working pace.
List of Top 10 Best Hand Gripper Brands in India
1. Strauss adjustable hand grip strengthener
This is a very portable hand grip tool that is very efficient as it’s possible to use it anywhere and anytime. It improves the overall movement of the wrist joints.
- Resistance is easily adjustable
- Very portable
- It has an ergonomic build
- Suitable for children and adults
- Not durable
2. Aurion handgrip 1040 adjustable hand grip
This hand gripper is built and designed to endure long periods of use. It has lightweight.
- It is convenient and user friendly
- Ergonomic design
- It is adjustable
- Poor build quality
- Doesn’t last long
3. Nivia foam hand grip
Comes with padded holds or handles made of foam. The padded handles help to avoid blisters on your hands.
- Handles come with pads thereby, preventing blisters
- It has an ergonomic design
- Not suitable for beginners as it is not adjustable
4. Lafillette adjustable hand exerciser grip strengthener
This comes with an adjustable range of 10kg to 40kg. You can adjust the strength tension by changing the knob. It is great for improving hand and grip strength.
- It comes with a sturdy build
- It is adjustable
- Strengthens the finger
- Distance between the grasping hold reduces as weight reduces.
5. Sporto fitness home gym set 11 hand gripper
This finger exerciser is great for musicians and athletes. It helps to build on their skill and overall ability.
- Easy to change
- Sturdy design
- Very portable
- Some Amazon customers complained about product quality.
6. Lafillette muscle developer hand gripper
This is a non-adjustable hand gripper. Chrome coats the spring to prevent corrosion.
- Very durable
- Comes with a handle enclosed with foam for convenience
- If it reaches the strength limit, you’ll have to purchase a new one
- Not adjustable
7. Nirva with the device of women adjustable hand grip strengthener
This is an adjustable handgrip of an adjustable strength range of 10 to 40kg. It comes in black and grey colour. The size is 15 x 8.7 x 2cm.
- Spring system is durable
- Saves money
- It is adjustable
- Prone to quick damage
8. Lafillette adjustable hand gripper 10 to 40kg
Resistance is adjustable as it varies from 10 to 40kg. Comes with a robust and study design.
- It has an excellent grip
- It comes with an adjustable weight
- Grip is convenient
- Doesn’t quite last long
9. Amazon basics adjustable hand grip strengthener
Made of an adjustable resistance level. It is convenient for both genders. It comes with a rubber grip.
- The difficulty level is adjustable
- Spring is durable
- The plastic handle consequently may not last well
10. Albion plastic spring finger exerciser hand gripper
This comes in a variety of colour and also helps in achieving grip strength due to its ergonomic design.
- It comes with an ergonomic build
- Suitable for musicians, massage therapists, tennis and baseball players etc.
- Spring sometimes come out.
- The cost can be a little too high for the quality of the product.
In conclusion, exercise your fingers and wrist alongside your overall body for the proper functioning of the body system.
Therefore, if you’re having challenges of flexibility in your wrist or finger region, it’s best to exercise using hand grippers. The use of hand grips improves the daily functionality of your hands especially if you’re an athlete or musician.
What is the purpose of hand grippers?
Hand grippers are simple devices for developing wrist, finger and hand strength, thereby improving functionality.
Are hand grippers bad for you?
Hand grippers are not in any form harmful to you. All they do is to improve the muscles of your lower arm, this, in turn, increases overall hand ability.
Do hand grips build muscle?
Yes, it helps in the building of muscles. Likewise, the forearm muscles develop when training with hand grippers.
Do hand grips burn calories?
Yes, hand grips burn calories. 100 rounds of gripping burns about 150 calories.
How often should I use hand grippers?
You can use hand grippers every day as long as you’re not repeating too many sets of a particular routine.