A halogen light is meant to produce very bright and warm color lighting. Such lighting is essential in video shooting and other applications. We refer to it as a halogen light because, in it, there is a chemical of the halogens class. That may be something like iodine or bromine. It is the presence of such halogen chemicals and inert gases that leads to the production of very bright, warm light. With illumination for such light, you can produce very professional-looking videos, for YouTube and other platforms.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best 20Watt LED Lights, 9 Watt LED Bulb, LED Tube lights, LED Bulbs, Series Lights, Decorative Lights, Halogen lights for bikes, Wall Lamps, Night Bulbs, Pendant Lights, Garden Lights, Hanging Lights, LED Torch lights, Chandelier Lights, Rechargeable emergency lights, Study lamp lights, Fancy lights, ceiling lights, aquarium lights, solar street lights, Car LED Lights, best solar inverters online, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, solar street lights, and solar inverters online in India.
Top 10 Best Halogen Lights in India
Features of Halogen Light
- A halogen light should have a high enough wattage rating. This will determine how bright and warm-colored the light from the lamp would be.
- Further, a halogen light should be easy to mount. Whether it is on a tripod or any other sort of mounting, it should be easy to set up.
- On another note, a halogen light should provide stable lighting, with no flickering effect.
- Further still, the halogen light should have decent power consumption efficiency.
- If in use within the context of making videos and photos, the halogen light should also be easily portable.
Types of Halogen Lights
- There are halogen lights that produce ‘bright white lighting. Then there are halogen lights that produce ‘warm white lighting. We also have halogen lights that produce ‘soft white lighting.
- There are A19 halogen lamps. Then there are R20 halogen lamps. Also available are T halogen lamps and PAR halogen lamps.
- We have halogen lights that mount on all types of tripods. Then we have others that are only compatible with certain tripods.
Buying Guide for Halogen Light
- The guiding consideration should be on the main planned usage you have in mind for the halogen light. Is it for recording YouTube videos? Or is it for professional wedding videography? Are most of the work you are to do outdoors based? Or is most of the work you are to do indoors based? All these factors help in working out which halogen light can best serve your aspirations.
- Only go for a halogen light that has good working life and doesn’t burn easily.
- Granted, in that case, the halogen light price may be higher.
- But it is worth paying: otherwise, you could end up with a light that burns out within days or hours.
- Also, go for a halogen light that is not too hard to set up.
- Consider a light with some sort of protective feature against accidental touching of the (usually very hot) core.
How To Use Halogen Light?
- Firstly, you need to select the position where you are to mount the halogen light. If indoors, it should be in a large room with proper heat ventilation. Otherwise, the light may make the space uncomfortably hot.
- After selecting the mounting location, you next need to set up the light on the tripod. Then connect it to a power source.
- The next step is to rotate/tilt the light so that it faces the spot(s) you will be focusing on. These are the focal points for your video or photography. So the idea is to get the light to directly illuminate that focal area.
- Finally, you can switch on the light, and using its illumination, proceed with your video shooting or photography.
- Once you are done using it, allow enough time to cool, before attempting to touch it.
List of Top 10 Best Halogen Lights in India-Buyers Guide
1. DIGITEK DPL 003 Porta Lights Halogen Tube
This is a 1000 watts light. Ideal for use in both still photography and video shooting.
- This light is simple and fast to install
- It is sturdy and can serve for a long before breaking
- Gives a nice bright yet still reasonably soft light output
- The price for this light is quite high
- It produces a lot of heat
2. Prolite B4 Continuous Video Lights (With Halogen Tube)
Meant for use in video shooting. Produces warm tone light.
- Uses power directly from the mains grid socket (thus requires no battery)
- Mountable on many types of stands
- The head can be tilted in all directions
- Some parts of this light are rather delicate
- It can be tricky to set up initially
3. Sonia Continuous Halogen Lights for Video Shooting
This is a pack of 2 tubes. Each gives 1000 watts of lighting.
- Gives light with a very warm hue
- The price is rather low for 2 tubes
- Works with standard 240-volt power outlets
- It can at first prove challenging to mount
- May break if you handle it too roughly
4. Boosty B4 Continuous Halogen Lights
This is a cost-effective yet powerful halogen light. Ideal for professional and YouTube video shooting lighting.
- The light is built using a material that is heavy and hence sturdy
- Easy to connect to a power source (220 volts AC)
- Head easily rotates in all directions
- Fitting glass rods into the light can be a bit hard for some
- May have a slight flicker effect at rare moments
5. WON Continuous Lights Halogen Tube for Video Lighting
This is a pack of two lighting tubes. They work using mains electricity.
- This is an extra bright light
- The tubes come ready to use
- The price for these tubes is rather low
- They produce very much heat
- Consumes quite a lot of power
6. PRIYAM Video Lights (1000 Watts Halogen Tube)
What you get here are 2 lighting units. Meant for mounting on any stand.
- Capable of producing continuous lighting
- Light in weight and easily portable
- Sturdy and long-lasting service
- Requires 240 volts AC to work
- Light may be too bright for other uses, besides video shooting
7. Sonu Lit-Ost Halogen Flood Lights Lamp
This is a 500 watts light. Ideal for use as outdoor light and in areas like gardens or as lawn light.
- Gives bright light that is nonetheless friendly to the eyes
- This is a durable and sturdy light
- Versatile (as it can serve in many roles – including as garden light, lawn light, ground light, and so on)
- Can prove a bit challenging to mount
- The price is not low
8. PGSA2Z Glass Halogen Lamp For Video Shooting Lighting
What you get here are two light tubes. Each is of 500 watts output.
- The filament in these tubes is self-supporting
- Bulb life in these lights is as much as 2000 hours
- The price is quite low
- Requires AC power to work (at 220/240 volts)
- Tube length is 4.7 inches
9. Litost Halogen Flood Lights
The light is rectangular in shape. Its output is 500 watts.
- It has a sturdy iron body
- Gives very clear light when properly mounted
- Suitable for many uses, including as outdoor light and as garden light
- Some may find the price a bit high
- Warranty not applicable
10. Simpex Continuous Lights (1000W Halogen Tube)
This is a pack of 8 tubes. Ideal for video work lighting.
- Gives output in the form of very warm color light
- Suitable for fitting with standard B4 bases
- Quite easy to mount
- For some, the 8 tubes in this pack may appear too many
- These lights do produce a great deal of heat
A proper halogen light can give you very high-quality and reliable lighting for video shooting and other uses. While shopping for the best halogen lights in India, this guide’s information may come in handy.
Which is better halogen light?
One that gives high-quality lighting output, is easy to mount, and consumes power as efficiently as possible.
What is meant by halogen light?
This is simply a light in which there is a halogen chemical (like bromine or iodine) inside.
What is the cost of halogen light?
Halogen light price ranges from 250 to as much as 1200 Indian rupees.