Hair spray can help in improving your hair’s texture and appearance. In terms of texture, it can help you in making your hair softer and smoother. In terms of appearance, it can help you in making your hair shinier. Some hair sprays also have the capability to nourish the hair. For instance, if you happen to have a hair breakage problem, some of these sprays can help you overcome it.
Moreover, if you happen to have fine hair that is hard to style, sprays can help you in taming/freezing it. At yet another level, if you have a hair frizz problem, the spray can help you in overcoming it. Some hair sprays go further and improve the hair’s scent. And we also have hair sprays that are capable of offering protection from UV light. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Hair sprays for women, hair dryers, hair curlers & hair straighteners in India.
Top 10 Best Hair Sprays in India
Features of Hair Spray
- Efficacy is the most important feature of a hair spray.
- You want to be sure that the spray actually does what it promises to do.
- For instance, it should have the capability to actually improve the hair’s texture and appearance.
- It should also have a decent anti-frizz capability.
- Removability is another important feature of a hair spray.
- The last thing you want is a spray that will be too hard to wash/brush off.
- The fragrance is yet important feature in a hair spray.
- An ideal spray is one that either has an attractive scent or no scent at all.
- Enrichments also matter in a hair spray.
- The best sprays have various natural extracts or synthetic compounds to enrich the hair.
Types of Hair Sprays
- There are hair sprays for wavy hair types.
- Then there are others that are ideal for straight hair types.
- We also have others that are most ideal for curly hair types. And we have sprays that are ideal for all hair types.
- There are scented hair sprays. Then there are non-scented hair sprays.
- There are hair sprays for men. Then there are hair sprays for women.
- We also have unisex hair sprays: which are ideal for use by both women and men.
- There are hair sprays that contain sulfate. Then there are sulfate-free hair sprays.
How to use a Hair Spray?
- In most cases, you have to start by cleaning the hair you wish to spray.
- Once you are sure that the hair is clean, dry it properly.
- The next step is to hold the spray’s nozzle.
- Then apply pressure on the nozzle, to release the spray.
- In some sprays, you aim at the hair strands.
- With some other sprays, you aim at the hair roots.
- So you have to follow the instructions for the specific spray you are using.
- The next step is to allow the spray to spread.
- With some sprays, you can help with the spreading using your fingers.
- After applying and spreading the spray, the next step is to allow it to dry.
- You may need to consider washing (or brushing) the spray before going to sleep in some cases.
Buying guide for Hair Spray
- The most important thing is to ensure that the spray you buy is ideal for your hair type.
- So you first need to understand what your hair type is.
- Then only go for a hair spray that is ideal for that hair type. Or go for one of those that are ideal for all hair types (presumably including yours).
- Consider how easy to apply the spray is. Also, consider how easy to wash off the spray is.
- Check the ingredients, to ensure that they are ideal and safe for you.
- Consider the spray’s scent, to ensure that it is something you can tolerate.
- If you are a man, you can opt to go for a specialized hair spray for men. Or you can decide to use a unisex spray.
- A specialized hair spray for men has qualities that men are likely to need most in this sort of product.
List of Top 10 Best Hair Sprays in India-Buyers Guide
1. UrbanGabru Frozt Hair Spray
This urbanGabrup spray is an unscented hair spray for men. It contains Aloe vera enrichment.
- This is a non-stick spray
- Not easily affected by weather
- Price is reasonably low
- Volume is only 250ml
- Washing it off may require some effort
2. Gatsby Set And Keep (Ultra Hard) Hair Spray
What you get here is 250 ml of spray. It comes with a citrus scent.
- Doesn’t leave a visible residue
- It is sulfate-free
- Works with all hair types
- Spray’s packaging is rather basic
- The nozzle may sometimes require a bit of pressure to release spray
3. Set Wet Extreme Hold Hair Spray for Men
This set of wet extreme spray is one of the most affordable spray products. The quantity is 200 ml.
- Easy to brush or wash off
- Price is within almost everyone’s reach
- Contains no scent
- Volume is only 200 ml
- Requires frequent reapplication to maintain the effect
4. Man Arden Hair Spray
What you get here is a 180 ml volume spray. It contains argan oil and bhringraj.
- Has the strong anti-frizz effect
- The spray nozzle is easy to use and doesn’t break easily
- Enriched with argan oil and bhringraj
- Price is high for the quantity
- It May take a bit of time to dry after applying
5. Schwarzkopf Taft Power Hair Lacquer
Schwarzkopf spray maintains effect for 72 hours. Ideal for use on curly hair.
- Protects hair from dryness
- Remains effective for up to 72 hours
- Application is quite easy
- Seems to lack a fragrance
- Only most ideal for curly hair type
6. Beardo Strong Hold Spray For Men
This beardo spray is a quick fix, strong hold spray. It has a moisturizing effect and works for both short and long hair.
- Has the effect of making hair look glossy
- It is not sticky
- Works for all hair types, including curly
- Volume is rather modest
- Some may not like the fragrance
7. StBotanica Pro Therapy Spray
StBotanica spray comes in a 200 ml bottle. It is free of mineral oils and silicone.
- Strengthens hair roots
- Makes the hair to be shiny
- Doesn’t contain silicon or mineral oils
- It is relatively expensive
- Make time slightly more time to dry after application
8. Just Peachy Hair Styling Spray
Just Peachy spray has a good hair damage control effect. Volume is 100 ml.
- Ideal for all hair types
- Has a nice oud fragrance
- The effect lasts up to 3 days
- Spray volume is modest (at 100 ml)
- The spray’s price may be out of reach for some
9. L’Oreal Paris Studio Line 5 Fixing Spray
L’Oreal Paris studio spray promises boosted hair shine, with anti-frizz and anti-humidity effects. Comes in 250 ml volume.
- It is scent-free
- Application is quite easy
- It is gentle (not too aggressive)
- It is a somewhat expensive spray
- The effect lasts only 24 hours
10. Miss Hot Nova Gold System (Professional) Spray
Designed to strengthen and make hair shiny. Comes at a reasonable price, with a volume of 200 ml.
- Easy to wash off after use
- Has hair strengthening effect
- Price is affordable for most
- Packaging may be underwhelming
- Hair needs quite a bit of preparation before the spray application
To get the best results, you need to ensure that the hair spray you use is of decent quality. This guide has the information you need to use, to identify and purchase a hair spray of decent quality.
What does a hair spray do?
A hair spray improves the hair’s texture and appearance.
Which spray is best for hair?
The best spray for hair is one that has reasonable efficacy, is easy to apply, and has a good fragrance.
What is the price range of the hair spray?
These sprays mostly range from 200 to 600 Indian rupees.