Introduction: What is a Hair Dryer?
Here in this article, we list a few best hair dryers in India.
Hairdryers are electrical appliances that help a great deal in drying and managing your hair every day. It helps to dry and style your hair quickly and saves a lot of time for getting ready to work and other occasions. The current article provides detailed insights into the different features of hairdryers, considerations for purchasing them, and the best hairdryers available in the Indian market.
How does Hair Dryer work?
Hairdryers make use of heating elements and electric fan as the two most important working components. When the hairdryer is switched on, the electrical energy goes through the grid of wires of the heating elements and produces heat. The electric fan then pushes the hot air outside towards the nozzle of the hairdryer. The process of hot air blowing on your hair hastens the evaporation of water which makes the hair dry quickly. However, today’s hairdryers do a lot more than only blowing hot air. They also blow cold air, discharge electrically charged ions, infrared rays, and Nano electrically charged shreds.
Side Effects of Using Hair Dryers
Excessive blow-drying can damage your hair to some extent. It can cause flash drying of hair which means that the hairdryer can remove the moisture bound to your hair and affect their health negatively. It can burn and dehydrate your hair. Excessively using blow dryers can make your hair cuticles dry, rigid, and brittle. When you flex your hair, the pressure will lead them to crack and break. When you comb your hair while it has become weak due to excessive blow drying, it damages the hair even more. It can also ruin the hair texture and make it matted.
What is the Cool Shot Button?
Most hair dryers come with a cool shot function these days. The cool shot button on your hair dryer releases cool air blast which helps to seal the hair cuticle and provides final setting and styling to your hair. Experts suggest that when your hair is nearly 80% dry after using the hairdryer, then you should switch to the cool shot button. The cool shot function is very helpful for styling your hair when you want to lock in a curl or if you have used curlers on your hair. Cool shot function cools down your hair and allows you to lock the final desired styling of your choice. Considering the utility of this function, you should always buy hairdryers with the cool shot feature.
Considerations for Buying a Hair Dryer
You can consider the following factors before buying the ideal hair dryer for yourself:
The efficiency of a hairdryer is determined by its power which is measured in wattage. The greater the wattage of a hairdryer, the more powerful it is and the quicker it will dry your hair. Hairdryer wattage can range from 1000W to 3600W. Powerful hair dryers provide faster drying of the hair and reduce their exposure time to heat thus limiting hair damage. Generally, a hairdryer with a wattage of 1350W-1800W will be sufficient to meet the needs of most hair types. However, if you have thick, dense, or curly hair, you may want to buy hairdryers with higher wattage.
Speed and Heat Settings
Hair types are different and vary from individual to individual. Each hair type needs a different type of styling and care. Ideally, a hairdryer should have multiple speed and heat settings which make it more versatile for different hair types. The greater the speed and heat settings a hairdryer has, the more control and flexibility it will provide to you for managing the airflow and using it based on your hair type and its requirements. A higher heat setting is perfect for people with coarse and thick hair. For people with thin and fragile hair, a lower heat setting is recommended. Damp hair should be dried using low heat settings to prevent over-drying of the hair. Speed settings of the hairdryer come in handy for styling your hair and creating different hairstyles.
Weight and Size
Weight and size are key considerations that you must check before buying a hairdryer. You should always prefer a lighter and more compact hair dryer as it provides greater flexibility and comfort while drying and styling your hair. Holding a bulky and heavy hair dryer for styling long hair can be a painstaking and miserable experience. Hairdryers which are foldable can be folded after use which makes it easier for them to store in small places. Another advantage of buying a lightweight and compact hair dryer is that you can carry it along in your luggage while traveling without much hassle.
Just like other appliances, hair dryers have also evolved considerably over time. They come with different drying technologies which make it easier for you to style and maintain your hair. Ionic drying technology used by hairdryers breaks down the water molecules for drying your hair quicker. However, it also retains the moisture in the hair for ensuring the long-term health of your hair. Ionic hair dryers neutralize the positively charged ions in your hair which help to reduce hair frizz and condition them better.
Some hair dryers also use tourmaline drying technology. Such hair dryers have a gemstone coating that contains minerals which naturally discharge negative ions and infrared heat which keeps your hair healthy and makes them shinier. This drying technology also ensures that your hair can endure higher levels of heat without getting damaged.
It is recommended to buy hairdryers which use a combination of these heating technologies for getting the best results.
Types of Attachments
Hairdryers these days come with different types of attachments for better drying and styling of your hair. A diffuser is an important hair dryer attachment as it helps to uniformly distribute heat to different parts of your hair. It prevents the concentration of heat from the dryer in a specific area which can otherwise damage your hair. Diffusers help you to gently blow your hair and dry out the curls instead of blowing them strongly, thereby limiting any chances of hair damage. They also help to lift and separate the hair which enhances its natural texture.
The concentrator is also a high-utility attachment for hair dryers. It allows concentrating the air from the dryer to a specific area of your hair which allows better control while styling the hair. The concentrator is particularly more helpful for people with longer hairs. It facilitates the dryer to reach all parts of your hair and direct the heat more efficiently.
When buying hair dryers, you should ensure that they come with the above-mentioned attachments as it will enhance the value and utility of the hairdryers significantly.
Cool Shot Button
Cool shot is an important feature which you should check in the hair dryers. The cool shot function provides a blast of cold air from the hairdryer which helps to style your hair based on your needs. The cool shot function used after styling to finish and set your hair. It provides for a long-lasting hold and adds gloss to your hair.
6 Best Hair Dryers in India
There are many hair dryers in the Indian market. You can consider buying anyone from the hairdryers provided below:
1. Wahl 5439-024 Hair Dryer
This hair dryer is perhaps the most popular and favorite in the Indian market.
- This Wahl hair dryer is powerful with 2000W.
- Despite being a powerful hairdryer, it is surprisingly noiseless.
- It features 2 heating and 3-speed functions which allow you flexibility and versatility in styling your hair.
- It comes with two attachments- diffuser and concentrator.
- This hair dryer uses tourmaline technology for hair drying which makes your hair healthier and shinier on regular use. This technology produces negatively charged ions and is gentle on the hair and keeps your hair frizz-free.
- The Wahl hairdryer is lightweight and compact which is not only comfortable while using but also easier to carry while traveling.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty and is available for Rs 2,245.
2. Braun Satin Hair 3 HD385 Power Perfection Dryer
Braun is a world-renowned hair dryer brands & personal care appliances. The Braun Satin Hair 3 HD385 hair dryer comes with the following key features:
- This Braun Satin hairdryer from Braun has 2000W of power which makes styling your hair convenient.
- It is a very lightweight and compact hair dryer which makes it easier to handle.
- It has an ionic function which helps to make your hair healthier and glossy after use.
- The Braun Satin hairdryer has a styling nozzle which helps you to create different hairstyles effortlessly. It also comes with a diffuser that allows you to add volume to the hair roots.
- It has 3 heat and 2 airflow speed settings and can work on all temperature settings in 220V.
- The drawback of this hairdryer is that it does not have a removable filter and it lacks cold air function.
- The hairdryer is priced at Rs 3,571.
3. Philips Essential Care Dryer HP8120
Philips is one of the most trusted best hair dryer brands in India. The Philips Essential Care Dryer HP8210 packs the following key features:
- The Philips essential hairdryer is compact and works on a 1200W powerful motor.
- It is gentle on your hair and dries it quickly which limits exposure to blow-drying and any related damages.
- You get an oval-shaped concentrator with this hair dryer which allows you to adjust the airflow to specific parts of your hair and cover them thoroughly.
- It comes with unique thermal protect temperature which ensures that you can dry your hair without ever overheating them.
- The Philips hairdryer also has the cool shot feature for better hair styling.
- The only drawback of this hairdryer is a shorter cord length of 1.5 meters.
- This reliable and high-quality hair dryer from Philips is priced at Rs 1,111 which is excellent value for money.
4. Panasonic EH-ND21 Hair Dryer
The Panasonic is another hair dryer brand which is renowned for producing quality appliances.
- The EH-ND21 hair dryer packs 1200W of power.
- It offers 3 speed and 2 heat settings which is suitable for all hair types.
- The maximum temperature is capped at 50 degrees to reduce any hair damage due to overheating.
- The cord length of 1.5 meters is shorter than most other hair dryers in the market.
- This Panasonic hair dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle and cool shot function which adds to its utility.
- It has a foldable handle which makes it portable and it takes lesser storage space too.
- This high-quality hair dryer from Panasonic comes with a 1-year warranty and can be bought for Rs 1,049.
5. Philips Kerashine Dryer HP8216
The Philips Kerashine Dryer HP8216 is an exquisitely designed hairdryer that comes with lots of features.
- It has 1600W of power which dries your hair quickly.
- The Philips hairdryer has thermo protect technology which allows you to control the temperature for gentle drying of the hair.
- It also comes with the cool shot function which lets you set your hair to the desired style after drying them.
- This Philips hair dryer has ionic care technology which prevents hair frizz and makes your hair glossier.
- It has a ceramic coating for better heat protection and shines therapy for smooth hair.
6. Sonar SN-9910 Heavy Duty Hair Dryer
This hair dryer from Sonar is perfect if you want to get your long locks dried quickly for an outing.
- The Sonar hair dryer is lightweight and compact and features heat matching ceramic expertise to provide you excellent performance.
- It comes with 3 different heat settings (high, medium, low) and 2 speed settings- high and low- which make it ideal for any kind of hair.
- Get a supplementary shot control feature with this hair dryer which allows getting the desired styling type for your hair.
- Its negative ions help to keep your hair healthy.
- This hair dryer provides you maximum versatility with a salon concentrator.
- It comes with a 2-meter-long power cord which makes it easier for you to operate.
- The hairdryer has a removable rear filter which allows you to clean the filter easily.