Gurmar, or Gymnema, is a plant commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. The gymnemic acid in the plant is well known for suppressing the sweet taste and regulating blood sugar. The taste of this plant is bitter and sour, and it can be found in capsules or as a powder. If you have blood sugar issues, you should speak to your practitioner about including this plant in your treatment scheme. Being a natural remedy, it can’t be as effective as taking actual insulin in case you have diabetes, but it can help you a lot.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Vasaka, Hadjod, Nagarmotha, Shankh Bhasma, Gokshura, Trikatu, Sarpagandha, Punarnava, Shatavari, Stevia Powder, Dusting Powders, Multivitamin Capsule, CCM Tablets, Multivitamin Syrups, Multivitamin Tablets, coconut powder, Jaggery Powder, Agar Agar Powder, Khus Khus, Dry Ginger, Ginger Powder, Black Pepper Powder, White Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Walnut, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, Black Raisins, Cardamom, Cardamom Powders, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, and Long Peppercorns online in India.
Top 10 Best Gurmar in India
Features of Gurmar
- As mentioned, this plant is great for lowering your blood sugar levels.
- It is also said that this is the only plant that can cure type 2 diabetes, so you can imagine how great its health benefits might be.
- It helps with the regeneration of pancreatic cells and also with the well-functioning of the spleen, the liver, and the kidneys.
- Thus, it can help you have an active metabolism and even lose weight thanks to the proper functioning of these above-mentioned organs.
Types of Gurmar
- Like most ayurvedic plants, gurmar is also found in two main forms: pills (capsules or tablets) and powder.
- Each of them has its pros and cons and you will have the freedom to decide which works best for you.
- For pills, it is easy to ingest them, with a glass of water, and get on with your day.
- Powder, on the other side, has been through less chemical processing, so it is purer, and it passes faster into your blood.
- But, another thing to keep in mind is the taste.
- If you do well with a bitter and sour taste, you won’t have to worry about using the powder, but if not, you might want to choose the pills instead.
Buyer’s Guide for Gurmar
- If your practitioner recommended taking a dietary supplement such as gurmar, you will need to think of a few things.
- First of all, you need the product to be as natural as possible.
- This is why it is great to look for the ingredients and see if there are any other additions to the supplement.
- Then, you need to think of how long you will need the supplement.
- If you need to use it for three months, you might want to buy a larger quantity at once, especially if you received a recommendation for a certain product.
How to use Gurmar?
- Using this product is simple.
- You will need to mix the powder with warm water or tea, or simply add it to your favorite smoothie or salad.
- If you chose to buy capsules, you should follow the instructions on the package or, even safer, the way your doctor advised you to take them.
- Usually, you will need one to two capsules a day for the best results, but some of the products might have a higher dosage.
List of Top 10 Best Gurmar in India Buyers Guide
1. Herbal Hills Gymnema powder
The first product on our list is a gurmar powder. It comes in a 1 kg bag, for you to use it for a longer period.
- It has hypoglycemic properties;
- The powder also works for accelerating other organs’ functions;
- You will be using it for a long time, thanks to the large quantity.
- Some clients complained about the quality;
- It is expensive, around 420 Rs.
2. Just Jaivik Gurmar capsules
Second, on our list come to the capsules from Just Jaivik. They come in jars with 90 capsules each, and you will need to take 1-2 per day.
- They have great health benefits;
- The price is great, 210 Rs for 90 capsules;
- It is a chemical-free, 100% natural product.
- You don’t have the option to buy multiple pieces;
- It’s a non-returnable product.
3. Neutraved gymnema powder
This product is vegetarian and comes in a 200 grams bag. You can mix it with water or tea and take half to one teaspoon twice a day.
- The bag is resealable, so it’s easy to store;
- It has great health properties;
- The product helps with controlling blood sugar levels.
- It comes in a small quantity, only 200 grams will go easily;
- The quality is not that great.
4. H&C Gymnema capsules
Coming up next are the capsules from H&C. They come in jars of 120 capsules and you will need to take 1-2 a day.
- They are easy to use;
- The product comes in a larger quantity and it will last longer;
- It can generate a big improvement in your health.
- It hasn’t got many ratings on Amazon;
- You can’t buy more than one jar.
5. Ayur Champ Gurmar Powder
The next powder on the list, this time from Ayur Champ, comes in a 1 kg bag. You will need to take 3 grams of powder one to two times a day.
- It helps with controlling diabetes;
- The product is vegetarian and 100% natural;
- You can mix it with water or tea.
- The 1 kg bag is too much and hard to store;
- It has few ratings on Amazon.
6. Yuvika Gymnema powder
This product from Yuvika has only 200 grams. It is also a vegetarian product, that is suitable for every person that needs it.
- It’s effective in lowering blood sugar levels;
- The bag is small and easy to store;
- The quality of the product is also nice.
- The price could be lower;
- You won’t be able to return the product.
7. Merlion Naturals gurmar tablets
The tablets from Merlion Naturals come in packs of 120. They have a concentration of 500 mg gymnemic acid, ready to take your blood sugar to a normal level.
- They have the biggest concentration out of all the pills on our list;
- The quality is great;
- It is an ayurvedic product.
- They are a bit more expensive than the rest;
- There aren’t many reviews for this product.
8. Way2Herbal Gymnema powder
This product comes also in a 1 kg bag. Just like before, you will take a teaspoon once or twice a day, according to your doctor’s indications.
- It is an ayurvedic product;
- The powder is natural and vegetarian;
- It is easy to use.
- The bag will be hard to store;
- You will use the powder for a long time before finishing it, it may go bad until then.
9. Indanadi Tea Powder
Indanadi is next on our list, with a blend of more herbs, among them gurmar. The product will lower your blood sugar levels.
- The tea bags are easy to use;
- This product will taste better than simple Gymnema powder;
- It is an ayurvedic product, vegetarian and lactose-free.
- It is pricey, 345 Rs for 30 tea bags;
- Some clients weren’t happy with the quality.
10. Organicgreen gurmar leaves
If you want to choose a perfectly natural product, dried leaves are the safest option. You can use them to make tea or powder, whichever you prefer.
- It’s a 100% natural product, with a certified origin;
- You can use it easily;
- The bag is easy to store.
- The price rate is a bit high;
- It hasn’t got many ratings.
If you were looking for a natural product that can help you manage diabetes, gurmar is the one to look for. You can find it as a powder or in dietary supplements, or even in tastier teas that will help lower your sugar levels. Your pancreas will also be stimulated to generate more insulin, which will also be beneficial if you are suffering from type two diabetes. Check out all the products on our list and find the one that works best for you!
1. What is gurmar used for?
You can use Gymnema for lowering your blood sugar levels, for the well-functioning of your liver, spleen, and kidneys, for accelerating your metabolism, and for detoxifying your body. As you can see, it’s a great herb, with many health benefits.
2. Does gurmar help diabetes?
Yes, thanks to its natural properties and chemical composition, gymnema is well-known for being a natural remedy for high glucose levels, which is why it can help with diabetes.
3. When should I take gurmar powder?
You should administer the powder once or twice a day, usually a teaspoon or less, and mix it with water or tea. The powder will be helpful if you are suffering from high glucose levels.