Buying an expensive guitar may be important, but equally important is to store it properly. You can easily hang your guitar on your wall with a nail, but that will not look good. To properly store your guitar, Not only will it look good in your room, but it will also keep your room tidy.
Plus, if you want to look professional, it is best to buy for your guitar. However, if you do not have sufficient space in your room for placing a stand, you can also buy guitar wall hangers. A proper stand is necessary because it will store the guitar safely and will prevent it from getting damaged or scratched. Also check the buyers guide for Best Guitar Capos, Best Guitar strings & Best Electric Guitars in India.
If you don’t know much about guitar stands, then this article is for you. It will cover all the necessary details that you may require for buying a guitar stand.
Top 12 Best Guitar stand to Buy Online in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a guitar stand
- The first thing in a guitar stand is the frame. The frame is usually made of metal, but it can be wooden too. The frame can be foldable and its height can also be adjustable.
- The frames have pads at different points to provide safety and support to the guitar. Mostly the pads are present at the neck and the bottom of the guitar. A good stand will have all the 3 paddings. The pads can be made of foam, soft plastic, or rubber.
- Then comes the feet of the guitar stand. They can be parallel or tripod. The feet of a good guitar stand will have rubber pads underneath to make it anti-skid.
- Different parts of the guitar stand are assembled with the help of screws.
- The wall hanging guitar stands will have a small base and a hanger with pads for fixing the guitar.
Types of guitar stands
Types of guitar stands include – A-frame stands, wall-mounted stands, tripod stands, multi-guitar stands, and racks.
These are very simple, convenient, easily available, and low-cost stands. It looks very decent and are foldable. They make the alphabet ‘A’ when folded. They are small in size and may look unstable, but they can hold heavy guitars. The thing you have to look out for before buying these is the build material.
This stand is good for people with space constraints or if they are living with kids and pets. It can easily be installed on the wall and the guitar can be hung on it. It will not only secure the guitar but will add a decorative element to a musician’s room.
These stands have 3 legs and some even have extra support too. These stands have more stability and support the guitar at 3 different places. These are good low-cost guitar stands.
As its name indicates, they have the space for storing many guitars. They are best suited for a studio or a music class.
These racks also have space for storing a minimum of 3 guitars and other musical instruments too. They are expensive and occupy a large area in a room. They should be strong enough to secure the added weight of many guitars.
Best Guitar Stands-Reviews & Buying Guide
Please make note of the features below before buying a guitar stand.
- Check the strength of a guitar stand. It must be stable and its grip should be strong to carry the weight of a guitar.
- The stance should be wide to prevent the stand from tripping. It must be the right size to support the base of a guitar.
- The guitar stand must have padding in it, especially where it will hold the guitar to prevent scratching.
- It is better to avoid a stand with hooks or stoppers. This is because, if any of the hooks trip, it will damage your guitar. The stand should open easily to place the guitar.
- It is better to choose the stand which doesn’t have the support via the neck region. The neck region of the guitar is delicate and the strings can get damaged. So, avoid the pressure on the neck region.
- Focus on the material and finish. It must be padded, have rubber on the feet, and the build material should be strong. These features are important to secure your guitar.
- It is better to buy a portable stand so that you can easily move it.
- Buy a stand that suits different sizes and styles of guitars. Its size must be adjustable.
- It should complement your room and the guitar.
- The fret board latch is also important to fix the guitar in its place.
Top 12 Best Guitar Stands
1. RockJam GS-001 Vertical Tripod Guitar Stand
This guitar stand is amazing and suitable for all types of guitars, either acoustic or electric. It has many good features and one of them is that it is foldable making it easy to carry and store. It is a tripod stand, which makes it stable. The stand has a rubber covering which prevents the guitar from scratches and other damages.]
- It is a lightweight guitar stand but can store guitars of any size and weight
- The neck of the stand is flexible and you can also adjust it according to the guitar’s size
- No negative reviews by existing customers
2. Juarez JRZ100 Guitar Wall Hanger/Mount
This is a wall hanger for the guitar that has a black neoprene rubber tube that prevents the neck of the guitar from any damage. This hanger is suitable for all types of guitars. This stand is made up of steel so it is strong and durable. It is designed in such a way that the guitar doesn’t touch the wall. It is very easy to install this stand on the wall.
- Installation of the stand is easy and all the screws are included in the package
- It is a good item to store the guitar in a small room to save space
- The metal used in its manufacturing is weak so it is not durable
3. PENNYCREEK Guitar Wall Mount
This is also a guitar hanger for acoustic and electric guitars. The weight of the stand is only 140 grams, but it can hold heavy guitars too. It is very good for holding the guitar in the right place without damaging it.
- It is very good for mounting heavy electric and acoustic guitars
- It is a convenient and padded stand that is easy to install
- The quality of the stand is average and the coating peels off quickly
- The package doesn’t contain any screws for fixing it
4. Borngenio Premium guitar stand
This is a floor stand for guitars with cushions for supporting and preventing the guitar from damage. It is an A-frame guitar stand that is foldable. It is available in black color and the frame is made up of alloy. Rubber foam and polymer are also used in its manufacturing to make it suitable for all types of guitars. The weight of the stand is 762 grams.
- The floor grip of the stand is very good and it doesn’t slip
- The rubber pad can firmly grip the guitar
- The sponge tears after some time of use
5. GLEAM Guitar Stand
This is also a floor stand for guitars suitable for almost every type of guitar apart from jazz and jazz bass guitars. It is made of up of very good quality iron and you can also adjust its height according to the guitar. The weight of this stand is only 780 grams.
- The frame of the guitar is of good quality
- It is not suitable for bulky guitars
- It is not stable on the floor and a small accidental hit can damage your guitar
6. Mustang Heavy Duty Folding Universal Guitar Stand
This Mustang heavy-duty is another amazing product in our list. It is an A-frame guitar stand available in grey color and the good thing about it is that it is adjustable according to different shapes and sizes of guitars. It has rubber feet that provide a stable grip on the ground. Mustang is easily foldable and after folding it turns into a flat item that is easy to carry and store.
- The arms of the stand have padding that secures the guitar
- It can easily be placed on the bare floor because its feet are anti-slip
- The polish peels off
- Some customers complained that the legs are unequal
7. Kadence Guitar Stand
This is a multi-colored weighing 1.12 kg. The legs are rectangular and are durable. The stand has an instant EZ glide.
- The quality of the guitar is amazing and it holds a guitar well
- It is a very affordable guitar stand
- No negative reviews by existing customers
8. Borngenio Musical Notation Lyrics Stand Borngenio BGMNS01
It is also a good guitar stand weighing 272 grams. It is made of steel and the height is adjustable between 2 to 4 feet.
- It is an amazing product at a reasonable price
- The height can be extended to 6 feet
- Some customers have complained about the build quality
9. Dhingra Musicals – Dolphin Metal Floor Stand
This A-frame stand is definitely worth the buy. It is fully made of metal so it is strong. Its amazing property is that it can fit any shape of the guitar in it. It is a lightweight stand that will look good too.
- It is foldable and easy to carry
- The material of the stand is very bad
- It is light in weight, so not stable
10.Arctic AR-GS-01 Universal Guitar Stand
This stand is suitable for electric, acoustic, and bass guitars. The whole body is made up of good quality steel and the feet are covered with rubber to make it anti-skid. Its weight is almost 1 kg. This foldable and not only is the height is adjustable, but you can also adjust its width according to the guitar.
- It is a decent product suitable for any type of guitar
- It has a padded neck holding area which protects the guitar from damage
- No negative reviews by existing customers
11. HRB MUSICALS GUITAR WALL/MOUNT/HANGER
It is a steel, wall-mountable guitar hanger suitable for almost every type of guitar. HRB is very easy to install because you will need only 3 screws to mount it. It is made up of steel with sponge covered areas where it holds the guitar to ensure a firm grip.
- The best thing in the package is that you will get 10 extra guitar grips with it
- It is a very good stand that can also hold a jumbo one easily
- The package does not have screws in it
12. Juarez Adjustable Foldable Stand – Black
This is a tripod A-shaped stand that is foldable. It can be folded into a small size to be able to carry in any bag. It is a sturdy and stable stand to hold bass guitars.
- It’s light in weight and has a good finishing
- It is very good especially for acoustic guitars, and it is affordable
- The steel used in its manufacturing bends after some time
Don’t only think about buying a good and expensive guitar, it is equally important to invest in a good guitar stand. A good stand will secure your guitar from any damage.
What is a guitar stand?
A guitar stand is a tool that is used to hold a guitar in place. It is a necessary item to prevent your guitar from damage and gives it a good display.
Which stand is best?
Every guitar stand has its good features. We have compiled a list of the best guitar stands in this article.
Is the guitar stand a must?
Yes, it is an important item to secure your guitar and to give a professional look.