Are you someone who loves plants and is deeply interested in gardening but unfortunately lives in an apartment or does not have a pretty lawn? If the answer is yes, then grow bags can be lifesavers for you. Planting bags are large bags of fabric filled with ingredients that help grow plants. These are suitable for both indoors as well as outdoors. Also, you can change their position depending on the need of the plant. Whether your ground soil is infertile or you can not enjoy the option of in-ground gardening, these bags are the best option. Anything that does not have an extensive root system can be grown in p planting bags. In other words, whatever you think is likely to grow in a container can grow in a planting bag.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Decorative Flower pots, ceramic pots, Cocopeat, Watering Cans, Vermicompost, Organic Fertilizers, Cow dung cake, Garden Lights, Gardening tools, Garden chairs, Garden umbrellas, Grass Cutting Machines, Lawnmowers, Rooting Hormones and Garden sprayers in India.
Top 10 Best Grow Bags in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Grow Bags
- As the name suggests, planting bags are large bags made of fabric-like material. These are filled with ingredients such as good-quality soil and compost to help grow the plant.
- They are suitable for growing plants or vegetables that do not have long roots.
- A key feature of planting bags is that they can be used anywhere from a balcony to a porch. They are efficient and pretty everywhere.
- Secondly, these bags are mobile. You can move a grow bag from one place to the other whenever you feel the need.
- The material used for making bags is breathable. Hence, these regulate temperature, unlike plastic pots that become hot.
- A very good feature of the planting bags is that being breathable, they have small pores in them. As a result, any excess water moves out of the bag, and the plants are not overwatered. As a result, plants remain safe from fungi.
Types of Grow Bags
Based on the size, planting bags are of three types: large, medium, and small.
- In large bags, almost all plants can be grown from papaya to orange and guava to pomegranate.
- Large bags can stand up to 80kg of the potting mix.
- As the name of the planting bags, small size plants are suitable to grow in them.
- For example, plants like lemon, curry leaves, and creepers.
- The medium-sized bags can withhold potting mix up to 35kg.
- The smallest size of these bags, which is also the standard size, can grow leafy plants like spinach, tomato, carrot, coriander, and many more.
- These bags hold up to 15kg of potting mix.
Buyers Guide for Grow Bags
- Before buying a grow bag, decide the plant you want to grow. Choose a plant that can grow in a container. Like tomatoes, coriander, chilies, etc.
- After deciding on the plant, choose the perfect size to grow the bag according to the plant. Then opt for the exact size planting bag. For example, if you want to plant tomatoes, go with a small-sized grow bag.
- As these bags are porous, you will have to water them more often. However, certainly, bags are self-watering. They contain a water reservoir and supply the plant roots with moisture. All you need to do is to keep that water reservoir filled.
- After filling your planting bag with the appropriate soil and planting the plant. Place the grow bag in the best location where there is enough sunlight and your grow bag is ready to go!
How to Use Grow Bags?
- These bags are easy to use and work like other plastic or ceramic pots. However, the main difference is that grow bags dry quickly because of the pores in the material of planting bags. Therefore, you need to water the plant more frequently. To avoid frequent watering, you can add mulch or compost to help maintain moisture and provide nutrients.
- Choose potting soil instead of garden soil. As garden soil is not suitable for growing bags and makes them compacted.
- Also, select the right size of the planting bag for your desired plant and keep the grow bag in a sunlit environment. Moreover, do not forget to keep your grow bag fertilized and watered.
List of Top 10 Best Grow Bags in India-Buyers Guide
1. YUVAGREEN Grow Bag
These grow bags are suitable to use for different purposes. You can place these bright green bags in the kitchen, garden, terrace, or anywhere.
- These bags last from 4 to 5 years
- Suitable for growing leafy plants or vegetables
- These are reusable, hence are eco-friendly
- No holes for drainage
2. TrustBasket Grow Bags
These grow bags come in three different designs. These are UV stabilized are suitable for use in hot and cold climates.
- Have pores for drainage
- These planting bags are durable and reusable
- They can be used to grow a variety of plants
- Loose shape after filling with potting mix
- Require large quantity of potting mix
3. Leafy Tales Planting Bag
These grow bags come in three different sizes to grow different plants. These are great for use in the home garden.
- Lightweight, hence easy to move
- Durable and reusable
- UV treated to prevent sun damage
- Not sturdy enough
- Large size
4. BIO BLOOMS Grow Bag
These are made with high-quality plastic. The material of the planting bags is durable and breathable grow bags are reusable and washable.
- Water drainage
- UV resistant
5. Smart Garden Planting Bags
If you want your terrace to look like a garden, these grow bags are a great choice. The bags are portable and durable.
- Keeps plants safe from UV rays
- It can last for 4 to 6 years
- Insufficient holes for drainage
6. Homecrop Planting Bags
These planting bags come in a pretty maroon color. They keep the roots of the plant healthy and make plant pruning easier.
- Lightweight and portable
- Provides air pruning
- Good-quality product
- The color attracts dust
- No holes for drainage
7. VOOLEX Planting Bags
The Voolex planting bags are a great substitute for ground gardening. Moreover, these are lightweight and hence portable.
- Have holes for water drainage
- Durable and reusable
- The material is thick and does not break easily
- Lacks rigidity
- Inclines toward a side after filling with potting mix
8. SLA Grow Bag
The SLA planting bags are another great choice for terrace or kitchen gardening. These prevent the plants from sun damage, are portable and durable.
- UV treated
- Lightweight and portable
- The durable of 5 years
- Improper drainage
- Not worth the price
9. SHALIMAR Planting Bags
The Shalimar grow bags are UV treated, and therefore last longer. Also, the bags have holes for draining excess water.
- Washable and reusable
- Available in three different sizes
- A great choice for home gardening
- Some people do not find the height suitable
- Requires a large amount of soil
10. COIR GARDEN Planting Bags
These grow bags are present in different shapes and are floor standing. The size is also perfect to grow leafy green plants.
- Holes for water drainage
- Suitable for terrace or kitchen gardening
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Square and rectangular shapes do not maintain the rigidity
Plants offer numerous benefits, from keeping our air clean to providing us with edible. Moreover, they also make our environment peaceful and beautiful. However, with an increase in population, the space of plantations is decreasing. To overcome this problem, grow bags are a great alternative. Above is a list of the few best grow bags available in the country.
Which grow bag is best?
Out of dozens of grow bags available, many are good. However, to help you decide, we have given a list of the top 10 best grow bags in India.
What do you put under grow bags?
Ideally, you can put a mixture of mulch, compost, and vermiculite under your grow bags. As these things will keep your plants healthy.
Can plants stay in grow bags?
As long as there is enough space for the roots, proper watering, and aeration, plants can stay in grow bags.