Green mat and carpet used for various purposes, especially as home decor. Carpets cover a large area and are ideal for gardens and big halls. Many people in India wish to have a garden in their house. Also, along with the plants and flowers, they want to have plenty of grass. However, natural grass is difficult to maintain in all weather conditions. So, many people prefer artificial grass to natural grass. It can also be called synthetic grass or false grass. Another advantage of such grass is that we can keep it inside the house also. Further, there is no daily maintenance effort required for artificial grass. Check the Buyers Guide for the Artificial Grass Mats in India
Multiple brands produce a variety of false grass. Also, the false grass is available in the shape of rugs, carpets, and doormats.
Top 10 Best Green Mats in India
List of Green Mats
Check at Amazon
Check at Flipkart.com
|1. Fresh from loom|
|2. Comfy Home|
|3. Pc Green Mat|
|6. Carpet for home|
|7. Sigma Green Mat|
|8. Home green Carpet|
|10. Heart Home|
Features of Green Carpet or Mat
- There are a variety of brands with a variety of features for green mats and carpets.
- Each model has some key features.
- Firstly, some carpets are heat-resistant.
- In addition, some are fire-resistant.
- This is a very important safety feature.
- Further, some models are UV resistant.
- Most of the green carpets resist water.
- In addition, some have small pores to help in draining water.
- Further, some carpets are suitable for indoor use only, primarily intended for parties.
- On the contrary, you can use some carpets outdoors.
- Some models are suitable both indoors and outdoors.
- The ease of cleaning the green mat varies per model.
- Some can be washed with mild detergent and water.
- However, dry cleaning is needed for some other models.
- Finally, vacuum cleaning is the way in few models.
Types of Green Mats
- There are many types of green carpets, mats, and rugs.
- Based on materials, carpets can be classified as polyester, rubber, nylon, etc.
- Also, we could divide the carpets based on the primary usage purpose.
- For example, we can use some carpets outdoors in a garden.
- Primarily, it is used as an alternative to natural grass.
- Some others can be used indoors as a green backdrop while recording videos.
- In addition, some are useful to play sports, for example, cricket.
- They can also be used to improve the interior beauty of rooms in houses, offices, shops, etc.
- Usually, the green mats are kept on the floor.
- However, there are some places where it is kept on walls as decoration.
Buyers’ Guide for Green Mat
- Firstly, you need to decide whether you need a carpet or a mat.
- It depends on the area you want to cover.
- If it is for entrance, a mat is enough.
- However, if you need it for big rooms, lawns, or some hall, then a carpet would be better.
- Secondly, based on where and how often you plan to use it, the model to buy would vary.
- For example, there are many options if you want to use it instead of natural grass in a garden, balcony, or lawn.
- However, if you wish to keep it outdoors in all seasons, heat-resistant and UV-resistant models are advisable.
- In addition, it should be able to drain any water on it fast. However, if you play sports on it, once in a while, the thickness of it should be less.
- Thirdly, if you want to use it as a green backdrop while video recording, it should be soft and thin.
- For this purpose, it is better to opt for green mats that are very easy to clean.
- Usually, most of the carpet brands provide it in various sizes.
- However, you need to measure the correct size and purchase it.
- So, it will eliminate any hassles of cutting a bigger-sized carpet to match your need.
How to use a Green Mat?
- Each model from each carpet brand comes with a different wash instruction.
- If you do not follow those instructions, there may be shedding of the mat.
- Also, there would be a reduction in the lifetime of the carpet.
- As mentioned earlier, not every model can be manually washed with water and detergent.
- Alternatively, some need only vacuum cleaning, and some need dry-cleaning.
- If you do not get the exact size of the carpet that you need, then you need to cut a bigger-sized carpet carefully.
- Alternatively, you could buy smaller-sized carpets and join them.
- If you want to fix the carpet to a cement floor for example, then you need to attach it with an adhesive like Fevicol.
- You need to ensure first that there is no dust on it.
- Some carpets are primarily meant for one-time use.
- You could wash it and use it a few times though.
- Some carpet brands instruct to wash the carpets as soon as any food is spilled on them.
- It ensures that the color of the carpet doesn’t change or fade.
- Take utmost care while rolling the carpet.
- This is because a low-quality carpet can get torn at the edges easily.
- Level the ground if you use it in a garden.
- It increases the stability and looks of the carpet.
List of Top 10 Best Green Mat in India -Buyers Guide
1. Fresh from the loom
This model can be used in the monsoon season also. It weighs 3kg 730 g for 6.5x9ft of size. 25mm is the thickness of it.
- The quality of this mat is very good.
- It looks very natural.
- The material is very soft. So, it feels relaxing to walk on it.
- The price is high.
- The density of the product could have been more.
2. Comfy Home
Comfy Home launched this heat-resistant model. 2.38 kg is the weight for a 3×4 ft mat size. It is approximately 10 mm thick.
- The cost is low.
- It has small pores that facilitate good water drainage.
- It is soft. Hence, it is comfortable to touch and to walk on it.
- The product may not be suitable for long-time outdoor use.
- It is very thin.
3. Pc Carpet
You need to protect this mat from fire. For a size of 6×8 ft, it weighs 4 kg. Compared to the previous models, it is less thick at 4 mm.
- It is very ideal for a background.
- As it is very thin, it’s easy to carry and set up.
- They provide good customer support to help in installation.
- You can not use it roughly.
- Dust comes out of the mat often.
This is an anti-UV model. It weighs 1.45 kg for size of 6.5×2 ft. DAMAC provides a 4-year warranty for this product.
- The durability of this product is admirable.
- It is easy to clean. Further, it dries fast.
- 25mm thickness ensures good quality.
- To clean feet at the entrance is not suitable.
- It is not suitable for rough use.
Carpet Campus launched this model in 2019 itself. 395 gm is the weight for 21×14 cm size. 4mm is the thickness of this model.
- The carpet quality is awesome.
- You can use it as a cricket mat also.
- It looks very classy.
- Washing manually is not advisable. It needs dry cleaning only.
- It is not durable if used roughly.
6. Carpet for home Green Mat
This brand is designed with a fine 5 mm pile. Also, it is fade-resistant and stain-resistant. It is a power-loomed product.
- The product is ideal for offices and shops.
- It has a notable product quality.
- It is easy to use.
- You need to keep it away from the fire because it is not fire-resistant.
- It is not suitable for a garden.
7. Sigma Green Mat
This model has a high density and is long-lasting. There are 4 tones of colors in this model. It is 25 mm thick.
- You can use it outdoors even in adverse weather conditions.
- As mentioned earlier, the density of this product is admirable.
- The colors are very natural.
- This is not suitable for playing sports like cricket on it.
- It does not resist fire.
8. Carpet for home Green Carpet 2 ft x 15 ft Party Decoration
You can use this product only once as per the brand. However, you can wash it with detergent and use it few times. In addition, it appears beautiful.
- It is ideal for floor decoration for parties.
- The product is elegant.
- It is easy to wash.
- The cost is relatively high, unlike the previous models.
- As stated earlier, this is not suitable to use for a long duration.
9. TAGAS Green Mat
This model is UV-resistant and lead-free. Also, it is made of eco-friendly material. Further, it is safe for children and pets also.
- The material is of high quality.
- The cost of it is reasonable.
- It is not tough to clean.
- It is very thin.
- This model is not suitable for outdoor sports.
10. Heart Home Green Mat
This model can be used both outdoors and indoors. It weighs 6.54 kg for a size of 52x26x22 cm. This model is made of PVC.
- It is durable.
- The look of it is natural.
- It can be used in all seasons outdoors.
- The weight is on the higher side.
- Similar to the previous model, it is not suitable for playing outdoor sports on it.
As mentioned earlier, different carpets have different features. In addition, we can expect more models that are eco-friendly in the future. You can select the best one on our top 10 list based on your requirement.
What is a green carpet event?
International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards is referred to as the green carpet event.
What color furniture goes with green carpet?
Dark wood suits well for the green mat. As an alternative, grey, black, brown, and blue also suit it.
How can I make my green carpet look good?
You can paint the windows, doors, and walls with contrasting colors like white to make the green mat look good. In addition, golden frames on the walls will make the carpet and the rooms beautiful.
What is the price of the green carpet?
The price varies from a few hundred rupees to tens of thousands of rupees. It depends on the material type, brand, size, etc.