Godrej locks are well known for their security. Firstly, it tends to be very hard to duplicate the Godrej locks keys. Secondly, it is usually near-impossible to cut Godrej locks with hacksaws. Further still, many of the Godrej locks have anti-pick technology. This further enhances their security.
Top 10 Best Godrej Locks in India
Features of Godrej Lock
- Most of the Godrej lock has hardened shackles.
- Consequently, they are able to resist even the most determined of attacks.
- By the same token, many of the Godrej locks have shackles that engage on both ends.
- This translates into further security.
- Almost all Godrej lock is rust-resistant.
- On account of this feature, they function well for many years.
- Furthermore, most of the Godrej locks come with warranties: hence quality assurance.
Types Godrej Lock
- Most of Godrej locks have brass bodies.
- It is generally agreed that brass locks are among the sturdiest.
- A Godrej lock has aluminum bodies.
- The aluminum Godrej locks are usually lightweight, yet still very secure and effective.
- Godrej lock requires specialized installation.
- But most are of the type that can be just placed on a door latch.
- Godrej lock serves well in heavy-duty situations.
- But we also have some Godrej locks meant for lighter duties.
Buyer’s guide for Godrej Lock
There are three important things to consider while buying a Godrej lock.
- Firstly, ensure that it is truly a genuine Godrej lock you are buying. Not a counterfeit.
- Secondly, ensure that the lock is being sold at a fair price. Try to understand what current Godrej lock prices are like. Then ensure that you don’t get overcharged.
- Thirdly, ensure that the lock comes with a warranty. Most of the genuine Godrej locks come with warranties, so this shouldn’t be too big an issue.
How to use Godrej Lock?
- Some of the Godrej locks are based on lever technology.
- Opening or closing the lock is therefore a matter of lodging or dislodging the said levers.
- There are a few Godrej locks that are based on pin technology.
- So in those, the internal mechanism is based on pins, rather than levers.
- Godrej lock has shackles that engage on both ends.
- Thus, when you want to close the lock, you put both shackles into the respective holes.
- Then you turn the key, to close.
- Conversely, when one opens the Godrej lock, what they are doing is, in effect, disengaging the shackles.
- There are a few Godrej locks in which one end of the shackle is permanently fixed.
- Thus to close the lock, you just press the other shackle into the space provided for it.
- The Godrej lock in this group is usually capable of being closed by simply pressing the shackle (without having to run a key).
- But opening always requires a key.
List of Top 10 Best Godrej Locks in India-Buyers Guide
1. Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems Nav-Tal Brass Padlock (Hardened, with 4 Keys)
Comes with a hardened body and shackle: hence very hard to hack. Also quite affordable.
- A very strong lock, because of its brass body
- Also comes with four original brass keys
- Further, comes with one year warranty
- Not as heavy as some would expect
- Also very hard to break in case you lose keys
2. Godrej Locks Duralock – 3 Keys (70mm, Silver) One of the most durable locks in the market. Also usually very secure.
- Has drill-resistant capabilities
- Also truly rust-resistant
- Incapable of being cut with a hacksaw, because of its design
- Requires specialized installation
- Moreover, some may find it a bit costly
3. Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems Nav-tal Ultra XL+ Brass Padlock with 4 Keys (Gold)
A beautiful, gold-colored brass lock. Very durable and easy to use.
- Comes with a real double locking shackle, hence very high security
- The key-head is big which therefore translates into easy operation
- The shackle is hardened with boron, translating into further security
- Very difficult to duplicate keys, if you lose them later
- May also rust (after quite some time) if exposed to an excess moisture
4. Godrej Locks Nav-Tal Premium Deluxe Hardened – 3 Keys
A very high-tech modern lock. Almost impossible to cut or duplicate keys.
- Rivetless internal joints – on account of which the lock is very strong
- Truly rust-resistant internal components (hence greater durability)
- The vendor also offers free installation
- Come with only 3 keys (in contrast to the 4 that many people have come to expect)
- Free installation is only for certain locations (in other words, it is not universal)
5. Godrej Locks Freedom 7 Levers – 3 Keys (Aluminum)
A simple yet high-effective lock. One of the most affordable from Godrej.
- Easy to operate because it is based on levers (rather than pin) mechanism
- Lightweight yet still very secure (being an aluminum lock)
- Comes with one full year warranty
- Some may feel that the lever (rather than pin) internal mechanism compromises security
- Some also feel that the lock’s outer finish is too plain
6. Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems Locks Ultra Sherlock – 3 Keys (Blister)
A high versatile lock (can be used in many settings). Very secure yet affordable.
- A truly sturdy lock – first in its appearance and second in its function
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors use, because of its rust-resistance
- Toughened shackle to resist hacksaw attacks
- Relatively costly (but with features to justify)
- Can be tricky to repair should it jam
7. Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems Locks Sherlock – 70 mm (Blister)
A very imposing, yet easy-to-install lock. Also one of the most durable in the market.
- Heavy and sturdy (because it is a brass lock)
- Also comes with anti-pick technology for more security
- The lock has a pin (rather than lever) mechanism – thus even more security
- Some may find it uncomfortably big
- Some also have a concern with the key type (since this is a blister key lock)
8. Godrej Locks Navtal 7 Levers – 2 Key with Shut Height 50 mm (Brass)
A highly secure lock for heavy-duty use. Also one of the best value-for-money propositions in the market.
- Comes with one full year warranty
- 7-lever internal mechanism (which therefore translates into great security)
- Internal and external rust resistance (on account of which you get longer service)
- Officially comes with 2 keys (yet most people have come to expect at least 3 or 4)
- Some may also feel that the locking saddle is not long enough
9. Godrej 8153 Steel Square Padlock Set (Silver, 5-Pieces)
One of the cheaper yet secure Godrej locks. Serves well in both light-duty and heavy-duty settings.
- Very reasonably priced (yet still of very high quality)
- Also comes with four original keys
- Sturdy and almost impossible to pick
- Some may feel that it is too small, hence not imposing/intimidating
- Has to be locked with a key (in other words, no press locking)
10. Godrej 8148 Steel Round Padlock Set (Silver, 4-Pieces)
A high-quality product, both externally and internally. Easy to install and very durable.
- Comes with one year warranty (on account of which you can have peace of mind while buying)
- The square shape which therefore gives the impression of greater sturdiness
- Fully rust-resistant
- May be hard to duplicate key (should you lose all keys later)
- Some may find the key-head to be inadequate
The most important feature in a lock is sturdiness/security. All Godrej locks are well-rated in that regard, hence their popularity. Most of the Godrej locks don’t cost too much. Yet they are some of the sturdiest locks in the Indian market.
Which lock is best for home?
The best lock for the home is one that is sturdy, easy to operate, and also rust-resistant.
Which door lock is best in India?
Most people seem to agree that the best door lock in India is those from the Godrej brand line.
What is a 3-star lock?
A 3-star lock is one that has undergone very advanced testing and found to be secure. Thus, a 3-star lock offers considerably more security than a 1-star lock.