A gear motor is a combination of a gearbox and an electric motor. These motors are used where the device requires high torque. These are very essential motors that have a large variety of applications. You can use them in small DIY projects, or kids’ science projects. They are also present in mini smart cars, robots, etc. they also have much importance in devices such as medical tools, agricultural tools, beverage freezing devices, patient mobility devices, etc. if you want to know more information about gear motors then keep reading the article.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best 775 DC motors, 12 Volt DC motors, Gear Oil, Gear Cycle, Shell Engine Oil, Engine oils, Castrol Engine oil, Bike Engine oils, Synthetic engine oil, Car Engine oils, 1 HP water motors, 1.5HP Water Motors, High-pressure water motors, water pipes in India.
Top 10 Best Gear Motors in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Gear Motor
The gear motors can be AC motors or DC motors.
- These motors are available in different mechanisms including standard gear, planetary, and non-lubricating metal mechanisms.
- It comes with a gearbox that reduces speed.
- The gear motor increases the torque.
- They protect the locked rotor, overload, and RFI/EMI.
Types of Gear Motor
There are different types of motors. They can be brushless DC, universal, AC induction, or magnet DC motor, choose accordingly.
Inline gear motors
- These motors use planetary gears, helical, or spur gears.
- These motors are used where low speed and high torque are required.
- In this type, the motor shaft is in-lined with an output shaft.
Parallel shaft gear motor
- This motor uses gears to reduce the speed.
- In this motor, the speed-reducing shaft and motor shaft are parallel to each other.
Right-angle gear motors
- These motors use hypoid gearing, bevel, or worm.
Worm right-angle motor
- This is the simplest gear motor that has a bronze wheel having a central shaft.
- The wheel is connected with a worm-like screw.
Bevel helical motor
- These motors are angular but the output shaft rotates on the motor shaft at 90 degrees angle.
- These produce high torque.
Buyer’s guide for Gear Motor
- It is very important to figure out the type of gear motor for your need.
- Check its size, voltage requirement, lubricants, shock load, side load, etc.
- Know about its current frequency, speed, etc.
- Check its performance, torque, duty cycle, and power.
- It is also very important to check its environmental ambiance.
How to use Gear Motor?
- Gear motors are used in a variety of devices all around us. You can use gear motors in washing machines, remote cars, cranes, hospital beds, alarm clocks, and much more.
- A gear motor acts as a power transmission unit. For its working, 2 things about output shaft are important, its speed and efficiency. Its speed is determined by rotation per minute or rpm and its efficiency is measured in torque.
- The gear motor can be an AC motor or a DC motor. These motors decrease the speed of the gear, increasing the torque.
- The gearbox has different gears that are attached to different parts including the main motor and one shaft. The other shaft is attached to the gearbox and the whole system is called a series of gears’ reduction.
- The more the components in the series, the lower will be the output.
List of Top 10 Best Gear Motors in India-Buyers Guide
1. OLatus DC BO (Motor for Arduino)
It is a 2-pieces gear motor set for Arduino. The motor can operate on 3 volts to 12 volts of voltage. Its speed is 100 rpm. It is a dual-shaft motor that has a high performance at a very low cost. It is an amazing product that serves its work very efficiently.
- The working capacity of this motor is amazing.
- It is a good product for small projects.
- The motor works smoothly for compatible works.
- The built-in quality is not very amazing.
- Its speed should be increased.
2. Techleads Dc Bo Motor Gear for Arduino
It is a set of 4 pieces of dual shaft car robot motor for Arduino. These work on the voltage between 3 to 12 volts. The speed is about 100 rpm and the dimensions of the cells are 50*40*30cm. this is a lightweight motor having low inertia. It can easily absorb the vibration and shock to elastic compliance.
- The motor can work without lubrication.
- All the motors are working so well.
- The quality of these motors is good.
- Some customers found this gear motor price a little high.
- The motors don’t work well on high torque.
3. Easy Electronics Dc Gear Motor
It is a set of 2-gear motors that work at the speed of 300 rpm on 12 volts of voltage. Each motor is 125 grams in weight and has a 6mm shaft having an internal hole. It works on 1.5 kg-cm torque and the load current is about 300 Ma. Its no-load current is about 60 Ma. These are black, India-made motors with the attached gearbox. The motors are suitable for many robotic applications.
- The motors are very easy to connect.
- It works well with a good speed.
- You can easily trust it for mini robotic projects.
- The speed is not the same as mentioned.
4. Super Debug BO Motor Gear Motor for Arduino
These are four-gear motors that have an operating voltage of 3 to 12 volts. Their no-load current is about 40 to 80 mA. The company is providing a vast variety of gear motors that differ in speed and performance. These motors have 200 RPM speed and don’t require lubrication because of inherent lubricity. The motors have dual shafts and wheels for cars.
- The attached wheels are strong.
- Their quality is very good.
- This gear motor price is economic.
- The packaging of the product is not good.
5. ERH INDIA DC BO Gear Motor
These are 4 car robot motors that have a dual shaft. The motors are very good having a power of 10 horsepower. These motors operate on 6, 3, and 12 volts. You can buy different motors from this brand that are multi-functional. The speed of these motors is 100 rpm. These are high-performance motors that do their work perfectly.
- Their built quality is very good.
- These motors will not disappoint you with their performance.
- Some people got defective pieces.
6. Sparklebox Kit -DC BO Motor
This is a full kit that contains 4 motors with wheels, screws, and soldered wires. This gear motor is very good for DIY projects and remote cars. It works on 3 and 9 volts. The motor has a speed of about 100 to 150 rpm. This motor is very good that has a low coefficient of friction.
- The performance of the motor is good.
- It is a multi-functional set of gear motors.
- The price is a bit higher.
- Its wheels become loose after some time.
7. Robotbanao Dc Car Robot Gear Motor
It is a set of 2, having dual shafts, and plastic gear motors for cars. Their material is plastic and metal. The motors operate on 12 volts of voltage and have a speed of 150 rpm. The motors are cost-effective and the output torque is amazing. Its no-load current is about 4080ma.
- Its speed is very good.
- The gear motor is a good choice for small projects.
- A few people got defective pieces.
8. Microbot Gear Motor
It is a DC motor that operates on 12 volts of voltage. The motor comes with a gearbox and its speed is about 150 rpm. Its shaft is 6mm in diameter and has an internal hole. The torque production of the motor is 1.5 kg-cm. Its no-load current is 60 mA and the load current is 300mA.
- The motor works very well.
- This gear motor price is also very affordable.
- We didn’t find anything bad about it.
9. SONICROBO CART N20 MOTOR Gear motor
This is another amazing option of gear motor on the list. It consists of 2-gear motors suitable for toy cars and robots. The motor is amazing that produces high torque and has an amazing performance. It operates on 12, 3.7, and 6 volts at the speed of 100 rpm.
- The performance of the motor is good, the car can run on a high cliff easily.
- It is a lightweight motor with high torque.
- The motor is suitable for a variety of devices.
- Its price is very reasonable.
- The quality of the motors is also very good.
- We didn’t find anything bad about it.
10. High Torque Gear Motor KG386
This motor is by the KitsGuru brand and is one of the best motors available. It works well on the voltage between 3 to 9 volts at the speed of 281 rpm per minute. Its torque production is about 10 kg-cm.
- Its built-in quality is good.
- You can use it with various devices.
- The performance of the motor is not very good.
The gear motors can be of different types according to mega projects and mini DIY projects. You have to get enough knowledge before buying it.
What is a gear motor?
It is a combination of an electric motor and a gearbox. This system increases the performance of the motor, so is suitable for mini cars, robots, and many DIY projects.
Why are gear motors used?
These motors are used because they produce high torque and low output shafts. It increases the speed of the device and decreases the force.
Which is the best gear motor?
There are a lot of options that you can see in the article above.