A gear cycle is a bike gear that provides a comfortable cadence, or rather, pedaling speed, despite the type of terrain. No single gear can perform this. A gear or multi-speed cycle goes the fastest and is good for speedy rides. Geared bikes are ideal, requiring less effort for long-distance journeys and unfriendly terrains. Most people know the front gears as cranksets, chainrings, or the “front ones”.
Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Hercules Cycles, Kids bicycles, Cycle Tyre, Cycle Helmets, Bicycle Lights, Tubeless Tyre Puncture repair kits, car puncture repair kits, Bicycle Puncture repair Kits, Tyre Inflators, Vaccum Pumps, Bike Tyres, Michelin Tyres, Ceat Tyres, MRF Tyres, Cycle Air Pumps & Tubeless Tyres in India.
Top 10 Best Gear Cycles in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Gear Cycle
- One important feature of a good gear cycle is the number of gears that the bicycle has. They have at least 21 gears.
- Another important feature to consider is a lightweight frame, wheels, and other components. The wheels and tires should be ideally narrow. This is because of the speed it navigates through.
- Another yet important feature is gear shifters that are easy to use without suspensions.
Types of Gear Cycles
There are 4 types of gearing systems on different bicycles that include:
- The first one is the single-speed gearing system
- The second one is the fixed gearing cycle, popularly known as the track bike.
- The third one is the hub gearing system.
- And last but not least is the derailleur gearing cycle.
- The types of gear cycles with these gearing systems include road, touring, recumbent, folding, and mountain bike.
How to use Gear Cycle?
- There are three types of bike gears: low, middle, and high gears.
- To use/shift gears, one should do:
- To shift to a different gear, use the left shifter.
- Shift to a rear gear, and use your right shifter.
- To shift smoothly, use the shifter while pedaling lightly.
- Moving the chain closer to the bicycle makes it easier, whereas moving it away from the bike makes it move faster.
Buyers Guide for Gear Cycle
- If one is considering buying a gear cycle, an important factor to consider is the handlebar type.
- It should recommendable be a curled/drop or flat handlebar for easier steering.
- Another factor to consider is the front fork of the cycle. It should preferably be composite/ carbon fiber.
- A good and high-quality gear cycle has a lightweight frame without a 2nd person carrier or any heavy basket attached to the cycle.
List of Top 10 Best Gear Cycles in India-Buyers Guide
1. Leader Scout MTB 26 Mountain Bicycle/ Bike Without Gear Single Speed
The Leader brand produces this sea green mountain bicycle that is ideal for 100 years above. The mountain bike has a frame size of 18 inches with a wheel size of 26 inches and is for trailing. It has a T-type handle with a handgrip.
- It has a strong and sturdy steel frame to guarantee a comfortable and smooth ride for the rider,
- It has a protective chainguard to ensure safety and reduce the risk of entanglements.
- The mountain bike has high-quality tires that are long-lasting and suitable for different terrains.
- The front brakes of the bike create a lot of noise.
- It may not be suitable for people with a lot of weight.
2. Leader Xtreme MTB 26T IBC Mountain Bicycle/ Bike Without Gear Single Speed with Rear Suspension
The black/Fluro orange mountain bicycle is ideal for 10 and above years. The bicycle has a frame of 18 inches with a wheel size of 26 inches. They deliver the product in a 90%-assembled condition.
- We know the item for its high quality and reliability.
- It has high grip tires that guarantee great mobility and traction for the user.
- The handlebar has soft rubber grips that provide comfort during long rides.
- The product is expensive for much of the market.
- If not properly assembled, the bicycle is highly unreliable and unsafe.
3. Geekay Hashtag 26T Single Speed Steel Frame Without Gear Mountain Bike
The 18 inch-frame unisex bicycle has a dual disc braking system and is ideal for ages 13 years old and above. It is suitable for adults with an ideal height of 5ft and 7inch. Geekay produces this mountain bike that is suitable for both road and trail usage.
- On delivery, the gear cycle is 92% assembled, and the rest is easy to self-assemble.
- It has a high-quality double disc brake that ensures stability and efficient braking.
- It has high-quality anti-rust rims that make the product durable.
- The paint quality may not be pleasant as it peels off easily.
- The price of this cycle is on the higher side.
4. Omobikes Ladakh X7 MTB Bike
The gear cycle has a 700c wheel that is 7-speed geared for adults. It is 90% assembled with dual disc and front suspension.
- Its design frame is sturdy, reliable, and very stable.
- It has a 60mm front telescopic suspension for traveling.
- The bike has a 160mm dual disc brakes rotor.
- The gear cycle is expensive and unfavorable for much of the marketplace.
- The bicycle produces a lot of noise from the wheels and chains.
5. Omobikes Manali G7 26T MTB Bike
It is ideal for ages 13 years and above. The company delivers it when 90% of the gear cycle is assembled. The bicycle is 7-speed geared and has dual disc brakes and a front suspension.
- The bicycle has a lightweight frame with treaded tires, making the product reliable for use.
- It has a trendy and unique style that will have heads turning.
- It is ideal for heavy people as it has a sturdy build.
- The gears are not of high quality.
- Its delivery package most of the time is usually lacking.
6. Beetle Black
The 24-inch single-speed kids’ bike is ideal for ages 10-14 years old. It is a unisex product that has fixed gears with a linear-pull brake-type system. The rider should ideally be 4.5 feet max with a 5ft height.
- It has 24-inch size wheels that are color-coordinated.
- This comes with a reliable side stand that is centrally placed to complement the bicycle’s minimalistic looks.
- It has a fully well-designed chain guard that provides safety to the user.
- The handle and seat easily tilt, causing presumable risks to the rider.
- The grip of the rubber of the bikes easily wears off, increasing the risks to the rider.
7. HERCULES TOP Gear CX-70
The black/green steel bicycle is 85% assembled.
- The frame is attractive, durable, and safe.
- The semi-assembled bicycle is easy to fully assemble it.
- The product has a lightweight material.
- The pedals and handle come while loose.
- The gear, break, and scratch may malfunction.
8. Foldable Fat Mountain Sports Bike
This bicycle has dual hydraulic suspension with dual disc brakes. The company delivers the product while 85% assembled.
- It is a value for your money as it is a 21-geared cycle with a decent market price.
- It is easy to assemble the rest of the product at home.
- The bike has a lightweight frame, making it suitable for the road and trail.
- The packaging may come with missing parts such as screws.
- The bike stand is of poor and unpleasant quality.
9. Fat and Foldable Sports MTB Cycle
R Cycles manufactures the gear cycle that has dual hydraulic suspension, dual disc brakes, and 21 derailleurs. The packaging is inclusive of a bell, light, lock, and kickstand. The mountain bike is ideal for adults.
- The mountain bike is suitable for unisex use.
- It has a standard lightweight frame.
- The gear cycle is if high-quality standard.
- The side stand breaks easily.
- The tube and tire are of poor quality.
10. OMO Bikes Vagator Semi Fat Bike
The bike has a carbon steel frame material. It is suitable for people with a height of 5’8” to 6’2”. The product is a unisex product for adults.
- The lightweight material is ideal for heavy riders.
- The bike offers a comfortable posture for the rider.
- The 85% assembled product is easy to fully assemble.
- The cranks produce a lot of noise.
- The saddle easily gets loosened up.
A fast and comfortable gear cycle is the goal of every rider. It may be hard to navigate through the advantages and downsides of different products through anonymous reviews. This article is a back-to-back simple and well-explained guide towards getting the best gear cycle in the market.
What is the starting price of a gear cycle?
The starting price of a gear cycle in India is 5999 rupees.
Which gear cycle is best for speed?
The best gear cycle in concern with its speed is the Leader Scout MTB 26 Mountain Bicycle/ Bike without Gear Single Speed.