Gardening scissors are also known as pruning shears or secateurs. They are for harvesting vegetables, snipping herbs, and deadhead flowers. These scissors also cut twines in plants like tomatoes and passion fruits. They also cut seed packets and potting soil bags. Gardening scissors are helpful in opening boxes of drip line emitters. They are used to cutting only small stems and branches.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Gardening Tools, Land Mowers, Grass cutting machines, brush cutters, Garden Lights, Garden chairs, Garden umbrellas, Garden sprayers, Safety Gloves, DeWalt Power Tools, Makita Power Tools, Drill Machines, Angle Grinders, Welding Machines, Hand Tools Kit, Impact Wrenches, Torque Wrenches, Line Laser Levels, Laser Distance Measurer, Brush Cutter Machines, chain saw machines, oscillating saw machines, circular saw machines, chop saw machines, jigsaw machines, miter saws, band saws, scroll saw, coping saw, reciprocating saws, Table saw Machines, Pruning Saws, hacksaws, Pole saws, Iron Net for Fencing, Quality hose pipes, artificial Grass Mats, Drip irrigation kits, Green net, green mats, VK Rain Pipes, uPVC Pipes, CPVC Pipes, Steel Pipes, Conduit Pipes, Water Pipes, High-Pressure water pumps, Kirloskar water pumps, Submersible water pumps, 1HP water pumps, 1.5 HP Water Pumps, Texmo water Motors, Crompton Water pumps, Jaquar Taps, Hindware Taps in India
Top 10 Best Gardening Scissors in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Gardening Scissors
- The quality of blades is an important feature to look at. Quality blades guarantee durability.
- Another feature is the cutting capacity.
- This feature will depend on the kind of plants you want to prune.
- The ergonomic design of the scissors is essential.
- This feature aids ease of handling shears when pruning.
- The 2-step preset cutting position.
- This feature gives an option to fully or partially open your pruners.
Types of Gardening Scissors
- Bypass pruning shears are best to use on live wood. Its blades pass through each other.
- Then there are those used on dead branches.
- They are called anvil pruning shears.
- It has a blade on one side and an anvil on the other.
- There are gardening scissors with one blade on one side and a flat on the other.
- They are for pruning in steps which makes it easier to cut through the thicker branches.
- There are hedge shears used only for hedges. They have long blades.
- They are essential for trimming and shaping hedges.
How to use Gardening Scissors?
- Firstly, select the best angle to cut.
- Then slip the part to be cut between the blades of the shears.
- Ensure to hold the branch or stem to steady it.
- Then squeeze the handles to shut the cutter.
- Then cut in one fluid motion.
Buyers Guide for Gardening Scissors
- Every gardener has different needs and demands that gardening scissors should meet.
- Besides the quality of the blades, you should consider the ease of handling and operating the scissors.
- The size of the scissors and the design of the handles are also crucial.
- The cutting capacity is key depending on the plants. Consider the price that best fits your budget and still meets your demands.
List of Top 10 Best Gardening Scissors in India-Buyers Guide
1. Jon Bhandari Tools Heavy-Duty Metal Garden Hedge Shear
Used to trim and shape hedges. It has hardened steel blades length of 24cm with PVC rubber handles.
- It has quality blades.
- This is long-lasting.
- It is comfortable to use.
- It may cause harm if stored improperly.
- It can rust if not well managed.
2. Kraft Seeds Gate Garden Hedge Shears
Used for trimming hedges and cutting stems. It has heavy-duty wooden handles with a soft grip.
- It has wooden handles that have a comfortable grip.
- It is beneficial for both indoor and outdoor gardening.
- The strong blades allow swift and definitive gardening experience.
- It is costly.
- The blades need high maintenance.
3. Wolf-Garten Professional Manual Grass Shears
They for cutting lawn edges. It has 180 Degree rotatable blade head with serrated, stainless steel blades.
- This is suitable for cutting along walls.
- It is also rust-resistant.
- It has a 180 Degree rotatable blade head that aids precision-cut on both sides.
- The blade requires regular checkups.
- It can cause injury if stored incorrectly.
4. Sharpex 9 Inch Steel Blade Hedge Shear
They are for trimming hedges. It has double carbon steel blades with bamboo handles.
- It is long-lasting with bamboo handles and carbon steel razor blades.
- It has adjustable blade tension to prune different types of plants.
- Sharpex has a full line of high-quality professional and DIY’er tools.
- The blades need regular sharpening.
- They can cause personal injury if not stored properly.
5. JD FRESH Folding Pruner Cutter
It is for cutting bamboo and wood. It has titanium blades and non-slip handles with a heavy-duty telescopic spring.
- It has ergonomically designed non-slip handles that are comfortable and safe to use.
- It has high-quality blades ideal for cutting stems and light branches.
- This is safe and secure because of the locking mechanism.
- It can cause accidents if not stored properly.
- You must wear protective equipment to avoid personal injury.
6. Swabs Tool Gardening Scissor
Used as a leaf cutter for potted plants. It has stainless steel blades with a shock absorption system and padded soft-grip handles.
- It has ultra-sharp blades for precise cutting.
- It has high-quality strong blades.
- It’s safe and comfortable to use.
- It has no value for money.
- It can only withstand force to a certain point.
7. JetFire Garden Scissors
They are for cutting small stems and branches. It has plastic handles with stainless steel blades.
- They have specially designed handles for better grip.
- It is built with high-quality material for durability.
- The blades are super sharp for precise cuts.
- It is heavy.
- The blades require regular sharpening and greasing.
8. REHTRAD 10.2 Inches Steel Garden Hedge Shears
They are for trimming hedges and bushes. It has manganese steel blades of 10.23 inches and wooden handles.
- It has good-quality carbon steel make.
- It’s durable and not easy to deform.
- It also has long blades for maximum coverage.
- It may rust if not maintained.
- The handles may break after a slight use.
9. Tools-4-All AASONS Heavy-Duty Garden Hedge Shear
They are for cutting and trimming bushes and hedges. It has hardened steel blades with steel blades.
- They have steel handles with a soft grip.
- This also have hardened steel blades for powerful cutting.
- They are comfortable to use.
- The blades may rust if not well maintained.
- They can cause accidents if stored poorly.
10. Falcon 250 mm Hedge Shears
Used to trim hedges. It is 570 mm long with a soft grip steel handle.
- It has steel handles with a soft grip.
- Its inexpensive.
- It has sharp blades for precise cuts.
- They can cause injury if not stored properly.
- The blades require routine maintenance.
Gardening scissors should meet the demands and needs of the gardener. While shopping for quality gardening scissors, you will find the information in this guide helpful.
What are gardening scissors called?
Pruning shears in American English or secateurs in British English.
Can I use regular scissors to cut plants?
You can use regular scissors to cut the outdoor plants in pots.
Which is the best gardening scissor?
The gardener has to choose the gardening scissors that best fit their needs. The scissors must have the features the gardener is looking for in garden scissors. That is the best gardening scissors.