Garden chairs are meant for outdoor use. The design of proper garden chairs ensures maximum comfort. Normally, a garden chair will have full-length back support as well as armrests. It is not uncommon for the backrest to be at a bit of a reclining angle. The objective is to ensure that the person sitting on it can relax fully and ‘let go’. The garden chairs are also typically elegant and blend in well with the outdoor setups.
They are typically in colors that don’t attract dirt easily. And the materials with which the garden chairs are made are usually those that withstand exposure to outdoors elements well. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Longue Chairs, Wooden chairs, Camping Tents & Garden Umbrellas in India.
Top 10 Best Garden Chairs in India
Features of Garden Chair
- The most important features to look for in a garden chair are arguably comfort, sturdiness, and elegance.
- Comfort depends on things like the chair’s dimensions, backrest style as well as armrests.
- With respect to dimensions, for instance, a broader chair will tend to be more comfortable than a narrower chair.
- Similarly, a chair with a full-length backrest will tend to be more comfortable than one with only a mid-back rest.
- The sturdiness depends on what the chair is made of, as well as its design.
- For instance, a chair whose frame material is wrought iron will tend to be sturdier than one with a plastic frame.
- Elegance depends on things like the chair’s color, as well as its aesthetic design.
Types of Garden Chairs
- There are wooden garden chairs. Then there are plastic garden chairs. We also have rattan garden chairs and metallic garden chairs.
- The pieces can also be classified as either ‘natural material’ garden chairs or ‘synthetic material’ garden chairs.
- Natural material chairs would be those whose core materials are the likes of wood, bamboo, woven rattan, and so on.
- The synthetic material chairs on the other hand are those whose core materials are the likes of plastic.
- There are cushioned garden chairs. Then there are garden chairs that have no cushions.
- We have foldable garden chairs. Then we have non-foldable garden chairs.
- We have reclining garden chairs. Then we have others that are of non-reclining variety.
How to use a Garden Chair?
- Although they are referred to as ‘garden chairs’, they can also be used in other outdoor/semi-outdoor spaces.
- Those other spaces include the likes of patios, balconies, and so on.
- If you are using the chairs in a garden, you start by identifying an ideal spot in the garden.
- This is the spot where you are to erect the chairs. Then you set up a shade, under which the chairs are to go.
- Therefore you put the chairs under the shade. You can also put them in the open (without a shade).
- If they are of the variety that requires assembly before use, this is the point where you do it.
- Garden chairs may require more frequent cleaning due to exposure to dust and other elements.
Buying guide for Garden Chair
There are four important considerations to make while buying a garden chair.
- Firstly, you need to consider the material from which the chair is made.
- Ensure that it is one that can withstand outdoor conditions well.
- Secondly, you need to consider the chair’s color. Ensure that it blends in well with the garden theme.
- Thirdly, you need to consider the chair’s functional design. See to it that it is as comfortable as possible.
- Fourthly, you need to consider the chair’s aesthetic design. See to it that it is truly elegant.
List of Top 10 Best Garden Chairs in India-Buyers Guide
1. Supreme Cambridge Plastic Garden Chairs
What you get here are two top-quality plastic chairs. Color is brown – which blends in well with garden settings.
- The backrest is extra-large (for more comfort)
- Color doesn’t attract dirt easily
- The chairs are extremely elegant
- Price is relatively high
- The chairs may turn dull with age
2. NILKAMAL Crystal Garden Chair Set of 2
On offer here are two plastic chairs. The color is milky white.
- The chairs have great aesthetic appeal
- Weight is low
- They don’t require assembly
- Comfort level is modest (these being mid backrest chairs)
- They are quite delicate (being plastic chairs)
3. Home Furniture Wooden Set (Foldable)
The chairs here come as a pair. The material is elegant wood.
- They are foldable
- These chairs blend in well with the garden setting
- They offer great comfort
- The cost is quite high
- The chairs are quite heavy
4. Unique360 Wix Four Seater Garden Chair Set
What you get here are four chairs, with a glass table. These are rattan weave chairs.
- The chairs have extreme elegance
- They are waterproof
- They are also extremely comfortable sitting on
- They require considerable space (being extra-large chairs)
- The price may be beyond the reach of some
5. Dreamline Outdoor Garden Seating Set
These are two chairs alongside a center table. Ideal for garden or patio use.
- These are not easily breakable chairs
- Aesthetic appeal is good
- Can withstand exposure to the elements
- The set is quite expensive
- Cleaning can be quite hectic
6. ThinkPro Balcony/Garden Folding Furniture Set
On offer here are two chairs and one table. They are all of the foldable types.
- The chairs and table are lightweight
- They are UV protected
- Can withstand considerable weight
- May require very frequent cleaning
- They offer only basic comfort
7. Driftingwood Sheesham Folding Chairs for Garden and Outdoor
What you get here is a good combination of comfort and elegance. The set has 4 chairs and a round table.
- The chairs and table are highly durable
- This set blends in well with the garden setting
- The chairs are considerably comfortable
- The set requires assembly
- The pieces are quite heavy (being wooden)
8. Easyday Futura Set for Garden & Living Room
The set has 4 armchairs, with a center table. The pieces are elegant and easy to assemble.
- The design is sleek
- These chairs are remarkably comfortable to sit on
- Assembly is easy
- There is a limit to how much weight they can withstand
- May not tolerate exposure to certain extreme conditions
9. Aqtus Camping Folding Chair (for Outdoor & Garden Use)
Foldable chair with tubular steel frame. Comes with a carrying bag.
- Very compact when folded
- Weight is low
- The chair is quite strong
- Not particularly elegant (but practical)
- Assembly may require some basic skill
10. Binani Oxford Mid Black Plastic Chair for Home & Garden Use
What you get here are two plastic chairs. The color is brown.
- The price is very reasonable for two chairs
- No assembly is necessary
- Cleaning is easy
- They require careful handling (being plastic chairs)
- The chairs are of mid-back (rather than full backrest) variety
You need to be careful when shopping for a garden chair: because it is a long-term investment. This guide has information to help you in choosing a genuinely good garden chair.
Which is the best garden chair?
The best garden chair is one that is comfortable to relax on, aesthetic appealing, and sturdy.
What is the price of the garden chair?
Some garden chairs cost as little as 1,000 rupees and others as much as 10,000 rupees, depending on quality.