A Ganpati murti is an idol of Lord Ganesh: one of the most venerated Hindu deities. The Ganpati murti can also be referred to as a Ganesha idol. You can purchase a Ganpati murti either for religious use or for decorative purposes. Many devotees believe that the murti can help in attaining good outcomes in various pursuits. That is what makes it ideal for religious use. And the fact that it is typically beautiful is what makes the Ganpati murti ideal for use in décor.
Ganesh idols are also very commonly used for gifting purposes. You can give it as a gift during a wedding, housewarming party, thanksgiving, or during the Ganesh Chaturthi ceremony. Also, check the buyer’s guide Buddha statues & Pooja Mandirs in India.
Top 10 Best Ganpati Murtis in India
Features of Ganpati Murti
- One key feature in a Ganesha idol is its dimensions/size.
- This determines where and what the idol can be used for.
- For instance, a very big idol may not be suitable for displaying on a car dashboard…
- Another key feature in a Ganesha idol is its color (and finishing).
- This determines how much aesthetic appeal the idol has.
- Yet another important feature in a Ganesha idol is its design.
- From this, you can tell how elegant the idol will be, as well as its potential for durability.
- The activity that Ganesha is depicted doing in the idol matters.
- So does the idol’s tarnish resistance, the ease with which it can be cleaned, and its stability.
Types of Ganpati Murtis
- There are Ganpati murtis that are made of ceramic.
- There are others that are metallic.
- We also have wooden and plastic Ganpati murtis.
- There are Ganpati murtis that depict Ganesha in standing poses.
- Then there are those that depict Ganesha in seated poses.
- We have Ganpati murtis with glossy & matte finishes.
- There are small, portable Ganesha idols.
- Then there are big Ganesha idols, which are best kept in one place permanently.
How to use Ganpati Idol?
- Firstly, you need to make a decision on where and how you plan to use the Ganpati murti.
- Then go for one whose size and design make it suitable for that specific use.
- Once your Ganpati murti is delivered, you need to unpack it carefully.
- Thereafter, you need to display it at an appropriate spot, following Vastu rules carefully.
- You may need to be wiping the idol regularly, to ensure that it doesn’t become too dusty.
- If you are using the Ganpati murti as a gift item, consider first wrapping it in special gift paper.
- Then proceed to present it to the intended recipient with proper timing.
Buyers guide for Ganpati Murti
There are two key considerations to make while buying a Ganpati murti.
- Firstly, consider the main purpose for which you are buying the idol. Is it primarily for use as a religious object? Or is it primarily for use as a décor item? Could it be primarily for use as a gift item… The main purpose you are buying for will determine what the best idol size, design, and color for you are.
- The second key consideration is your budget. How much money do you have to spend on the Ganesh murti? Which is the best idol you can get at that budget?
- Ultimately, you get to choose between buying the murti in a local store or online. If you buy online, you may have to wait for a while before delivery. But then again, you could buy the idol at a lower price online. And you could get more Ganesh idols to choose from online.
List of Top 10 Best Ganpati Murtis in India-Buyers Guide
1. Gold Art India Ceramic Ganesha Idol
Ideal for car dashboard display. Dimensions are 3.5 by 2 inches.
- This is a very beautiful idol
- Compact and suitable for dashboard display
- Quite easy to clean
- Some may find the price to be a bit high for this size
- Some parts of the idol don’t have gold plating
2. Aica (Fiber) Lord Ganesh Ganpati Idol
Comes with double side tape. Most ideal for use on car dashboard.
- Versatile (for both decorative and religious usage)
- The idol is quite elegant
- Price is reasonably low
- Some may find the idol’s stability to be a bit low
- It is relatively heavy for this size
3. UniqueArt White Stone Ganesha Statue
The main material is ceramic. Includes a rosewood base.
- Price is inexpensive
- Easy to install on car dashboard
- Appearance is beautiful
- Some may find it too small
- It may not withstand very rough handling
4. eCraftIndia Lord Ganesha Idol
Comes on a decorative plate base. Suitable for home and car use.
- quite easy to clean
- great aesthetic appeal
- idol has good stability
- May deteriorate if exposed to direct sunlight
- Some may find the idol’s flowers to be rather fragile
5. TIED RIBBONS Ganesha Statue
Depicts Ganpati playing the Bansuri. Includes a wood base.
- Can be very durable with good handling
- This is a very beautiful idol
- Doesn’t tip over easily (due to the wood base)
- Price is relatively high
- Pebbles in the base may be of basic quality
6. Saudeep India Little Ganesh Sculpture
Material is resin. The idol also depicts Ganesh playing the flute.
- Compact design (hence the idol takes little space)
- Quite easy to clean
- Price is reasonable
- It May require careful handling so it doesn’t break
- Some may find the packaging to be quite basic
7. Karigaari Ceramic Ganesha Idol
Ideal for dashboard use. Material is ceramic.
- It has a graceful appearance
- Price is within most people’s reach
- Size is neither too big nor too small
- The white parts may attract dust/dirt easily
- Some may find the design too complex/intricate
8. Collectible India Metal Lord Ganesha Idol
Depicts Ganesha’s reading. The material is metallic.
- Combines elegance and beauty nicely
- Likely to be durable (as it is metallic)
- Routine cleaning doesn’t require too much effort
- Price may be out of reach for some
- Size is rather modest
9. PAPILON Marble Siddh Ganesh Idol
This is a handmade idol. Material is a marble.
- Suitable for both personal use and gifting
- It has a pleasant appearance
- It has good stability
- Price may be unaffordable for some
- Cleaning/wiping may take time due to the intricate design
10. Nexplora Industries Metal Ganesh Showpiece Idol
Most ideal for use as a pooja item. The main material is metal.
- This is an extremely beautiful figurine
- Doesn’t tip over easily (due to broad metal base)
- Likely to be durable (being a metal idol)
- It may be too big for certain uses
- Some may find the price to be slightly higher
It is possible to find good-quality Ganpati murtis in the Indian market. This guide has many of the details you need to help you identify and purchase an ideal Ganpati murti.
Which Ganesha idol is good for home?
One that is beautiful in appearance, reasonably big, and easy to clean.
What is the difference between the Ganesha idol?
Ganesha idols are differentiated by the materials they are made from, their designs, and their colors.
Is Ganesha good luck?
There are devotees who associate Ganesha with good luck.